Celtic v Lyon match thread, all posts in here....

Can you write off any of the youngsters from the 2 games we have had in France? Absolutely not.

Lennon played 2 teams; 1 that he will probably start the 1st competitive game the other made up of back up and youngsters.

Any one of the back up or youngsters could slot into the 1st team and be relatively seemless with the other 10 1st team players.

The problem with fans is that we're too quick to get on players backs - If one of our 1st team gets injured and we have to go to the back up and youngers with their confidence already shot before they start - prime example is Bolingoli. Taylor I think is Lennon's pick for the position, but if he gets injured then it's Boli ---- and he wont get any better if he gets blasted for every mistake. Every one of those youngster and back up players made mistakes against Lyon.....but Boli gets singled out. This needs to stop.
Can you write off any of the youngsters from the 2 games we have had in France? Absolutely not.

Lennon played 2 teams; 1 that he will probably start the 1st competitive game the other made up of back up and youngsters.

Any one of the back up or youngsters could slot into the 1st team and be relatively seemless with the other 10 1st team players.

The problem with fans is that we're too quick to get on players backs - If one of our 1st team gets injured and we have to go to the back up and youngers with their confidence already shot before they start - prime example is Bolingoli. Taylor I think is Lennon's pick for the position, but if he gets injured then it's Boli ---- and he wont get any better if he gets blasted for every mistake. Every one of those youngster and back up players made mistakes against Lyon.....but Boli gets singled out. This needs to stop.

Boli is rubbish in defending and no confidence in attack. He is way of the mark now, he needs constant play to up his game maybe. Not saying the guy is a dud, but he needs to step up.

.. This needs to stop? the guy is above critical comment? too much of it? suggests something?
Race card will come out next I guess. How young is boli? 24? I'd three kids by then! Boli doesnt't get blasted for every mistake, just the ones that cost goals. That's his job , if i was going to a job interview in Glasgow and turned up in Edinburgh would I be successful? Nor will Boli be

It’s hard to tell with the youngsters, Lenny, pretty much played all the reserves/ development squad together, Might have been better, 1/2 first team, 1/2 reserves, think we need to find out if they can gel with the 1st team🤔

I never saw the game but I agree with what you are saying. It is normal when a near full reserve/inexperienced team is put together to struggle when faced with a full strength quality side. It is much fairer to judge them when only 2 or 3 are integrated into your normal starting side.

That, coupled with the fact it is a just an early pre-season friendly after the longest layoff these players have ever experienced means we shouldn't be overly critical or judgemental about the youngsters on this particular showing.

Spot on comments bhoys (y)

These friendlies and some of the team selections used in them can give you a good inkling as to who's closer to stepping up and who's maybe got a bit to go yet but the best way to gauge if any player is really ready is to see how he fits in and performs with the regular first team.

There will be competitive games in the coming season where there will be minimised risk in giving some of these bhoys a run out to see how they get on, that said it should be done one at a time maybe two over the 90 mins to get a true reflection on how each individual fits in and performs.

No point signing young guys for the future if that future never comes for them.

Boli is the only one who can stop it by not being a bomb scare. Pretending he can do a job is nuts. We all wish he would but he's not a fucking under ten, he's a grown man and he needs to prove he can do it. So far ye hasnt and that's not anybody's fault but his.

The shirt doesnt shrink. We either believe that or we dont. I do. He needs to sort out his game. End of.

Agree TV it's up to Boli to prove himself but for whatever reason certain players, Boli being one of them, seem to constantly get singled out for their mistakes and are endlessly lambasted for them while the mistakes of others seem to be immediately forgotten because they make one stand out pass or challenge.

Ajer for me is a prime example of this, he can make three or four glaring mistakes in a game and then make one brilliant challenge yet all we hear about is the brilliant challenge and how he's a Norse God and all that waffle while his glaring mistakes are allowed to slip under the radar and be forgotten. Boli on the other hand makes one clanger goes on to have a relatively decent game yet all anybody wants to focus on is his clanger.

Boli showed in the game against the huns back in September that he has some great qualities as a player, the big question is does he have the mental fortitude to bounce back from his mistakes as well as the over the top criticism he's received?

Members online

Latest posts

Back