Celtic v Motherwell, Saturday 1st October 3pm

Ange is In to his second season now maybe the other managers are getting a handle on his style and are sussing out how to counter his game or mibbes we’ve just been shite the last couple of games
I dont think any of the SPFL teams know how to handle Celtic, i just think that we have a big squad but do not have any vehicle to give them game time as in like if we had reserve teams. It takes a certain level of fitness to achieve Celtics style of play and there are IMO no club in Scotland who can hold out against a Celtic in full flow, chasing the ball is one of the hardest shifts in football and if other clubs had that sharpness then they would not be defending vigorously as they themselves would have no fear of going on the offensive. Every dog has it's day when the opposition is firing on all fronts in all competitions including internationals and Europe. it was inevitable when injuries occured that the replacements would be lacking in, not fitness, but match sharpness and this is easier to capitalise on.
Celtic made two errors today one an og and another a last man tackle from a slack pass. This will be rectified going forward and new players will bed in as we progress and games come thick and fast before the next break.
January may see some come and go. Cut the losses on some if need be.

Agree with all comments about how poor we were,,but this durty cheating bastard referee needs called out by our club,stop this shite being the bigger person by not complaining crap!!these cunts have free reign to boot our players all over the place,every challenge the boot or elbow was left in??a don’t fancy welsh but the boy got mauled awe day,got zero protection,it’s ok sayin they should man up but if some inbred cunts only interest is to do you and no play football wit chance!!as for the red card,,sands done the exact challenge for the huns and didn’t even get a card!!this treatment won’t just even its self out it’ll get ramped up unless we say something!!anything!!

"a don’t fancy welsh but the boy got mauled awe day,got zero protection,"

Welsh went down against Saint Mirren for a powder puff push, he made a rock for his back as opposition focus on weaknesses to gain any advantadge, has to learn from this to improve his game.
Ralston when young allowed moreless to stand on him when he should have kicked his baws, he learned from that and bulked up. You have to be able to mix it when required, thats what you learn in training every ball is yours and you never back off when been bullied/pressurised.

Welsh went down against Saint Mirren for a powder puff push, he made a rock for his back as opposition focus on weaknesses to gain any advantadge, has to learn from this to improve his game.
Ralston when young allowed moreless to stand on him when he should have kicked his baws, he learned from that and bulked up. You have to be able to mix it when required, thats what you learn in training every ball is yours and you never back off when been bullied/pressurised.
That’s fair comment boab,he’s got to learn the durty side of the game,but you and I know any our players adopt that stance they’re carded all day long,,,it’s no an even playing field in bonnie scotlandshire.

Tam sellic son

@TamsellicsonIII
·
1h

I’ve had shites longer than you were tap of the league ya angry ewok
Quote Tweet

:ROFLMAO:

Dan McCroskrie

@DanMcC1990
·
6h
Natural order restored.
👍🏼
🇬🇧
twitter.com/ScotlandSky/st…

A wee bit harsh on Welsh in my opinion. If you are in midair and someone (who was offside btw) pushes you in the back then it is physically impossible to avoid losing your balance. If we starts wrestling back then the MIBs will penalise him.

We saw this a couple of years ago when Dykes continually manhandled Jullien without being penalised, yet every time Jullien touched Dykes a free kick was awarded (yet the following week Goldson ragdolled Dykes without punishment!!!).

I must admit that I personally feel a lot of the recent criticism of Welsh is a bit over-the-top. He may or may not be a long-term CB for Celtic, but I will guarantee he will not benefit one bit from being the latest fall guy with our supporters. The same happened early on in the Celtic careers of Paul Elliott, Jackie McNamara, Stan Petrov, John Hartson, Scott Brown, Callum MacGregor, etc, etc, but thankfully the naysayers were silenced and they went on to become legends.

Last edited:
A wee bit harsh on Welsh in my opinion. If you are in midair and someone (who was offside btw) pushes you in the back then it is physically impossible to avoid losing your balance. If we starts wrestling back then the MIBs will penalise him.

We saw this a couple of years ago when Dykes continually manhandled Jullien without being penalised, yet every time Jullien touched Dykes a free kick was awarded (yet the following week Goldson ragdolled Dykes without punishment!!!).

I must admit that I personally feel a lot of the recent criticism of Welsh is a bit over-the-top. He may or may not be a long-term CB for Celtic, but I will guarantee he will not benefit one bit from being the latest fall guy with our supporters. The same happened early on in the Celtic careers of Paul Elliott, Jackie McNamara, Stan Petrov, John Hartson, Scott Brown, Callum MacGregor, etc, etc, but thankfully the naysayers were silencedand they went on to become legends.
No really if you do not know whos behind you and if you do like below then he is on the wrong side of the player and fucked.

Untitled.jpg

No really if you do not know whos behind you and if you do like below then he is on the wrong side of the player and fucked.

View attachment 20328
I disagree boab. I think he should be in front of the striker - if he is behind him then he is in the wrong position IMO. You can see the St Mirren striker starting to lay both hands on Welsh's back so he could shove him when he jumps, which is illegal.

Yes, Welsh was not great in that game (as were about a dozen others that day in the Hoops) and should have fought harder, but we all know he would get penalised if he joined in the wrestling match going toe to toe in a physical battle with an opponent.

I disagree boab. I think he should be in front of the striker - if he is behind him then he is in the wrong position IMO. You can see the St Mirren striker starting to lay both hands on Welsh's back so he could shove him when he jumps, which is illegal.

Yes, Welsh was not great in that game (as were about a dozen others that day in the Hoops) and should have fought harder, but we all know he would get penalised if he joined in the wrestling match going toe to toe in a physical battle with an opponent.
If you think about it then what the fuck is the spare men doing , ball watching, McCarthy i think pne of them and non backing up Welsh, no other Saints player in the box is any danger and Welsh also would be grappling his man, two on two all day long when you outnumber the threat. Celtic outnumber the Saints. Can count at least four Celts and 2 marking nothing.

If you think about it then what the fuck is the spare men doing , ball watching, McCarthy i think pne of them and non backing up Welsh, no other Saints player in the box is any danger and Welsh also would be grappling his man, two on two all day long when you outnumber the threat. Celtic outnumber the Saints. Can count at least four Celts and 2 marking nothing.
You're right there boab. We are really missing Carter-Vickers who organises and steadies his colleagues. Plus he subtly outmuscles opponents without any fanfare or drawing attention to himself. Starfelt is also under-rated by many fans.

If CCV is missing in our European matches then I think we need to add extra protection by adding Abildgaard to the starting line-up. It is a shame he hasn't had any real gametime before these matches.

What I canny understand is we have a brilliant squad of players......but sometimes they just dont get into top gear when Ange changes it because of injuries etc.....I can see why Ange keeps the same team going when we are on a winning streak......Then the last two games if looked like a different team at times.......

Green Brigade need to bin that Royal Family/politics singing. Support the team - even a few Rebs but that stuff is old now and embarrassing - the Lizzie in a Box part is H*n level tasteless.
Couldn't agree more BM. Really is time to move on. What the GB bring to our games can at times be simply breathtaking. On the other hand, sometimes they do nothing but give our detractors ammo.

I must admit that I personally feel a lot of the recent criticism of Welsh is a bit over-the-top. He may or may not be a long-term CB for Celtic, but I will guarantee he will not benefit one bit from being the latest fall guy with our supporters. The same happened early on in the Celtic careers of Paul Elliott, Jackie McNamara, Stan Petrov, John Hartson, Scott Brown, Callum MacGregor, etc, etc, but thankfully the naysayers were silencedand they went on to become legends.
And Starfelt we’re good At criticising our own players the media also love to put this version out there
Best defence in the league last season with the worst defender
Oh my days

HH 🙄😱🙄

Members online

Latest posts

Back