Celtic v Motherwell - Sunday 24 February 3pm - all comments here

Gary67

Hopefully Weah was kept in reserve last night with a view to starting on Sunday. Eddy must start, he now needs a run of games to get back to his best now his injury problems are behind him. Who replaces the captain? Is Ntcham fit or does Bitton get a start? Will KT start, as hinted at by BR or should Hayes get another game? Who will centre back pairing? Decisions, decisions....

The team will get a rousing reception from the fans and will take Well to the fucking cleaners. I think Ntcham will come back in for Broony, but whoever is chosen will be enough. Last night will have given our players s great lift. They had to stand up and they did. They controlled the game up until we went down to ten men, they can not only compete but with a few additions can win at that level.

I’m going for a 6.0 damned good thrashing. Get your money on that. :)

The team will get a rousing reception from the fans and will take Well to the fucking cleaners. I think Ntcham will come back in for Broony, but whoever is chosen will be enough. Last night will have given our players s great lift. They had to stand up and they did. They controlled the game up until we went down to ten men, they can not only compete but with a few additions can win at that level.

I’m going for a 6.0 damned good thrashing. Get your money on that. :)

Like yourself TV1, I'm in a positive mood for the rest of the season, I feel we have a good enough squad to get us through the next few weeks games, 2 trips to Edinburgh is never easy but I'm confident we'll come through unscathed, last nights opponents will not be bettered in the remainder of the season. All games are important now europe is out the way, we can really turn the Screw on the filth by just getting 3 points, even if the performance isn't great.
The most amazing thing for me in our domestic dominance is the cup runs, it only takes one bad performance, one masonic maniac ref to completely lose his mind to put us out a cup. This is my main concern going for another treble, Sevco are obviously being helped by some of the worst mibbery I can ever remember, but even with us dropping a load of points in the first half of the season, we still have a healthy 8 point gap, I think we really have to be alert during cup games and don't give a ref a sniff of a chance to cause us grief.

That team last night, plus KT,Nir, Ollie N, big Fil, and Tom Rogic to come back in,glad i ain't selecting the team. Looking good for the remainder of the season, if we keep the fast passing and one or 2 touch stuff we discovered last night, we will run away with the league, and hopefully dont give the mibs a chance to influence the cup games.

TREBLES all round imho

Like yourself TV1, I'm in a positive mood for the rest of the season, I feel we have a good enough squad to get us through the next few weeks games, 2 trips to Edinburgh is never easy but I'm confident we'll come through unscathed, last nights opponents will not be bettered in the remainder of the season. All games are important now europe is out the way, we can really turn the Screw on the filth by just getting 3 points, even if the performance isn't great.
The most amazing thing for me in our domestic dominance is the cup runs, it only takes one bad performance, one masonic maniac ref to completely lose his mind to put us out a cup. This is my main concern going for another treble, Sevco are obviously being helped by some of the worst mibbery I can ever remember, but even with us dropping a load of points in the first half of the season, we still have a healthy 8 point gap, I think we really have to be alert during cup games and don't give a ref a sniff of a chance to cause us grief.

They will do all they can for the cheating bastards, but as long as we score a few goals in every game, which I believe we will, we can defeat the cheats. It’s all about belief and last night will help that. You’re bang on, we won’t meet anyone at home if the calibre of Valencia and I can see us tear teams to shreds, including they fucks at CP at the end of March. We owe them a right fucking tanking after our no show at Greyskull and I absolutely believe we will tear them a new one. The cup away to Hibs will be difficult but I also expect us to wipe the floor with Hibs too.

Last night was so important. I felt sick before the kick off after being calm all day as I knew a skelping could affect our confidence. Had it not been for going down to 10 men I believe we would have beat them. I can honestly say I have never felt as good after going out so good did we perform. It sets us up to tear through everyone at home now. We have good players coming back and this is great news for the run in. HH

Spot on, TV. If we had capitulated last night it would have caused untold misery on the collective psyche of the team and we can't afford to let that happen when we're so close to the triple treble. This would be a monumental achievement especially in the modern game and hugely unlikely to be surpassed by anyone, apart from ourselves. So the good account the bhoys gave of themselves last night lifts the heads and the spirits of all the players and the fans too.

3-0 will send a message out as Well are a team in form, but I just want us to pick up 3 points week in, week out, im just waiting on the pressure to get so bad on the filth that with 3 minutes of injury time in a dull 0-0 game at the bigotdome, Bobby Madhun puts the huns in front with a 25 yard scissor kick.
Pitch invasion anyone?

The party's over.

Time to win, win, win. Three huge season-defining games in the next week.

Sunday, play the fresh legs of Sincy, Timo, have big Bayo prowling around waiting to get on.

Sam Jackson a must - bench at least - to ease the pressure on Broon.

They'll come at us studs raised ready to take cards and batter us out of our rhythm.

Smash them early so players can be rested for the trip to Swinecastle.

They will do all they can for the cheating bastards, but as long as we score a few goals in every game, which I believe we will, we can defeat the cheats. It’s all about belief and last night will help that. You’re bang on, we won’t meet anyone at home if the calibre of Valencia and I can see us tear teams to shreds, including they fucks at CP at the end of March. We owe them a right fucking tanking after our no show at Greyskull and I absolutely believe we will tear them a new one. The cup away to Hibs will be difficult but I also expect us to wipe the floor with Hibs too.

Last night was so important. I felt sick before the kick off after being calm all day as I knew a skelping could affect our confidence. Had it not been for going down to 10 men I believe we would have beat them. I can honestly say I have never felt as good after going out so good did we perform. It sets us up to tear through everyone at home now. We have good players coming back and this is great news for the run in. HH
I started watching the match yesterday thinking 2 goals was to much to hope for. But I can't remember feeling so bad after losing a game, that most people had already gave us no chance of winning
Hail! Hail!

Motherwell will revert to type and kick and maul anyone in Hoops and the very honest and not biased in any way match officials will let them.
That being said we are the best team in Scotland and they will need a power o kicking and mauling to stop us. Got a feeling we will take four or five of the Steelmen. COYBIG
HH Rich

I think Weah’s looking good as a super sub especially away from home.Hopefully Edouard starts and he gets supplied from either Sinclair and Forrest,Burke.I think if Burke’s in Forrest is on the bench but he needs to realise he’s got to square the ball.If he’s cutting in and scoring a lot then that’s fine but he’s not so he needs to square it,hence we need Edouard in there.If Bayo’s on we have a presence at corners but also need one of our wingers to put in a cross.Good options but we need to use them as best we can.No Brown tomorrow so hopefully we can be more direct early on,it’s not a criticism of the wee man because he’s been immense the past few weeks but just think we might need some high pressure early on as they’re on a good run.HH

Last edited:
Every game from now till the league is in the bag I'd take a 1-0 win. Saying that I think they'll try and give it a bash the morra, and that will be unwise for them. 3 or 4 nil.

Every match that we end up with 3 points no matter the result, turns the screw on the filth even tighter NB, lets see how sevco perform at the bigotdome when every misplaced pass will be greeted with howls of displeasure. I can see the slippy scouse lad chewing on the zip in a Murty fashion soon.

Back