Celtic v Motherwell - Sunday 24 February 3pm - all comments here

S
Lustig was because of age, he was a great player once and still a decent player but no longer has no legs.
Toljan is half decent beyond the half way line just not and likely never will be a defender, he is too slight and looks to lack natural awareness.

Watch the cheaters goal again then, and Toljans less than pathetic awareness, his lack of defensive mind as he should by then have seen the obvious intent and danger! but watch as Toljan allowed their player free movement to waltz in!, watch again his pathetic attempts at defending that got him a yellow card, watch again as he allows a ball to be crossed, watch again as boyata like Broony previous match clearly does not want to pass to him! watch again as Ajer gives him advice and walks away shaking his head.

Just because we win does not mean we should not be aware of weaknesses, these are shyte teams making him look shyte, the good ones like Valencia!

Burke superb again, a player many if not most were underwhelmed with when news broke, not me, so I aint looking to be negative, Toljan is not a defender.

No more posting on him from me, as that is the end of, not a question of giving fair chance, he is not a defender, not a defensive capable right back.

Midfield possibly!

Positive note we have the American Manny to arrive, he does look able.
Still think he deserves a chance,not here to argue but if Dortmund saw something in him and so did Celtic who are we to question?Its all about opinions and I respect yours.I just hope he comes good.As for yesterday’s goal,nobody on the team expected that so can’t really be brought into the discussion.

Still think he deserves a chance,not here to argue but if Dortmund saw something in him and so did Celtic who are we to question?Its all about opinions and I respect yours.I just hope he comes good. As for yesterday’s goal,nobody on the team expected that so can’t really be brought into the discussion.

We all want any Celtic player to be the best ever, so let's assume we all want to give any a chance, but when it is clear this guy is no right back it is fair sense as a supporter to question!
btw Someone at Celtic once saw something in Rafael Scheidt , so your logic is?

The rest is just not logical for a discussion forum!
otherwise- its best no one make any posts of opinion and by default no point of a discussion forum at all then! according to that logic we just assume Dortmund know and have high opinion who btw clearly never did see much anything in him as he was not even third choice and barely played in their reserves, but lets leave that reality to one side!

I made my opinion with points of specific reference, where as you just quote to say don't agree, I effectively cant have a credible point and to just give him a chance!

good for you, I can quote plenty of Celtic fans who are a lot more brutal about Toljan than I have been, but see no point, as many just say he's fecking shyte!

I'm certainly not posting for people to agree or disagree, but there is no sense posting altogether if people just post to quote to agree or disagree without making any actual points to discuss, there would be no point anyone making any effort!
the like button is for that

give him a chance is just a cliché! not a point for discussion, combine that with rhetoric to basically stop discussion!

I want to have faith, so
How about point out some instances that show Toljan is a defender!! even some highlights from youtube from his few dortmund appearances!
I mean defending highlights that show he is a right back, not him past the half way line which Lustig was good enough at, and for years previous was very good at.

Your one point on the cheats goal!
As for yesterday’s goal,nobody on the team expected that so can’t really be brought into the discussion.[/

Watch again, this time watching him! and see contrary to your claim that some did sense danger coming, Bane made a save for starters, Boyata and KT sensed it and made real efforts!!
Toljan who at the start was actually a few yards ahead of the scorer! was less than pathetic, watched it all like he was a lost school boy!

Freeze at 2:52 and watch
And it was a lot more than that cheats goal and that match, he is not a defender because he has shown nothing to suggest otherwise and perhaps that's why Dortmund never played him there and happy to send him away.

Now rewatch a separate, even more embarrassing Toljan the supposed right back, from 3:16, as the cheats go for 2-2!!

that does not even cover or show his needless yellow as he was skinned and reverts to blatant pulling at jerseys just as he has done in every match for Celtic so far.

Going forward possibly something, defender no.
An aged Lustig could do that!

show the highlights any! any match of a defensive right back!

4 great goals thankfully

including a great from Sinclair, slaughtered here there and everywhere, buy not by me as I can see he is actually a forward! just a inconsistent and lacks drive or belief, who does deserve a chance based on his stats.

Toljan, though sadly nothing suggests a natural or obvious right back potential material.

Last edited:
Back