Celtic v PSG match thread, all comment here

Nah mate, it was Rodgers tunnel vision tactics, 1st game at home, 5-0, 2nd game away 7-1, Rodgers instance to play “ticka,tacka” football against them back fired spectacularly, you think he would have learned after the 1st spanking, but no, his pigheadedness and total refusal to adapt our style of play to against vastly superior sides, that “trying to play 5 a sides” inside our own penalty box, really infuriated me, sometimes you just need to hump it up the park, let the forwards/midfielders scrap for it, clear your lines let the defence have a breather and regroup, it’s no coincidence that despite our TOTAL domination during Rodgers time domestically, we suffered some TOTAL humiliations in Europe, any players not adhering to Rodgers game plan got dropped, sometimes you have to accept your playing better teams, against better players and instead of trying to take them on, you have to adapt and change you game plan to suit, our players didn’t bottle it or their arses collapse just couldn’t match up to the Neymar’s Mbappe’s and Cavani’s superstars of PSG...can’t wait to see how lenny’s team does compared to Rodgers, cmon the hoops 💚🍀

Defensively under Roy in Europe we were shocking. Every defender he bought was gash. So when PSG turned up and within seconds showed how good they were our players were terrified of giving away the ball as they, like the rest of us, had zero faith in our defense coping so tried to play safe. We coukdnt even pass a ball five yards. They shat it. Things well within their ability looked beyond them. Tactics didnt help, but tactics dont render you a Sunday league player, bottling it does.

I didnt have problem getting horsed. Their display was magical. I was fucked off that we looked like we had never seen a baw and definitely didnt onow how to use it. I didnt give a single fuck when Roy left. Not one. Because I knew he would never fix our defence. We improved defensively and we started to do better. No tactics would have worked to change things unless the players believed they could take them on. They collapsed. They shat it and even the simplest things were beyond them. Tonight I hope at least we make passes. Create chances and at the back keep the score down. If we dont, then another skelping is in the post. Just stand up and play as you can and I will be proud of them.

Nah mate, it was Rodgers tunnel vision tactics, 1st game at home, 5-0, 2nd game away 7-1, Rodgers instance to play “ticka,tacka” football against them back fired spectacularly, you think he would have learned after the 1st spanking, but no, his pigheadedness and total refusal to adapt our style of play to against vastly superior sides, that “trying to play 5 a sides” inside our own penalty box, really infuriated me, sometimes you just need to hump it up the park, let the forwards/midfielders scrap for it, clear your lines let the defence have a breather and regroup, it’s no coincidence that despite our TOTAL domination during Rodgers time domestically, we suffered some TOTAL humiliations in Europe, any players not adhering to Rodgers game plan got dropped, sometimes you have to accept your playing better teams, against better players and instead of trying to take them on, you have to adapt and change you game plan to suit, our players didn’t bottle it or their arses collapse just couldn’t match up to the Neymar’s Mbappe’s and Cavani’s superstars of PSG...can’t wait to see how lenny’s team does compared to Rodgers, cmon the hoops 💚🍀
Sit in and hit them on the break ,a know easier said than done , a 4-0 defeats a decent result for us😂

Defensively under Roy in Europe we were shocking. Every defender he bought was gash. So when PSG turned up and within seconds showed how good they were our players were terrified of giving away the ball as they, like the rest of us, had zero faith in our defense coping so tried to play safe. We coukdnt even pass a ball five yards. They shat it. Things well within their ability looked beyond them. Tactics didnt help, but tactics dont render you a Sunday league player, bottling it does.

I didnt have problem getting horsed. Their display was magical. I was fucked off that we looked like we had never seen a baw and definitely didnt onow how to use it. I didnt give a single fuck when Roy left. Not one. Because I knew he would never fix our defence. We improved defensively and we started to do better. No tactics would have worked to change things unless the players believed they could take them on. They collapsed. They shat it and even the simplest things were beyond them. Tonight I hope at least we make passes. Create chances and at the back keep the score down. If we dont, then another skelping is in the post. Just stand up and play as you can and I will be proud of them.
We were up against a team full of far better players its that simple ,maybe going more defensive would have kept the score down but we were never taking anything from they games.Hopefully the team put up a better showing tonight but its only a friendly so i wont get too down about it.

“Roy” Rodgers, brillant, let’s hope Leicester pull the “trigger” and give him the “bullet” that’s one for our older members......🤣🤣

We were up against a team full of far better players its that simple ,maybe going more defensive would have kept the score down but we were never taking anything from they games.Hopefully the team put up a better showing tonight but its only a friendly so i wont get too down about it.
I know they were far better player. But we couldn't pass a baw. We froze. Rogers defence at the time was a joke. We are better defensively, but hard to see even them being able to contain they cunts. When they are on it they can rip much better defences than ours to shreds.

Put up a show and play some decent football and I will be happy. Score a goal and I might get straight on the small sherry.

Back