Celtic v PSG match thread, all comment here

Theverdict1

I dont know how I feel about this game so early. Confidence is a big thing and if we get handed several arses it might put a big dent in ours. On the other hand, I am keen to see us against them, to see if we can better compete than the last games under Roy that were....well, you all know. You watched them. PSG so far have handed out two severe tankings to both teams they played.

They are on a different level, we have improved in Europe as we all saw last year, this will be a test. If we can put in a decent show against one of the best teams in the world, then I will be happy. We have to he realistic. I've already booked a spot behind the couch in case they tear us a new one. I have mixed feelings, go and take the cunts on as I believe we can put up a show and abject terror. How are you lot feeling about the game?

Gonna be a stern test, their scoring for fun at the moment, last 2 friendlies,
a 7-0 rout of Belgian Waasland-Beveren and a total crushing of Le Havre 9-0, that’s 16 goals in 2 games, our nemesis Neymar, has been in the press bleating about getting injured during the friendlies, can only hope broony rattles him early and he doesn’t fancy it, then there’s Kylian Mbappe and Mauro Icardi to deal with 😱 hope Lenny doesn’t play the reserves/development players in this one, as a severe humpIng doesn’t do our confidence any good, not looking forward to this one, but will watch it, probably from behind the couch 🤣🤣

I'm in agreement with TV1 here, pre season should be about getting fit, and a couple of games against opposition just to remind the forwards where the goal is, you also need a game that will give us a good test, but I think this is far too big a task in pre season, if we get a real doin a week before the season starts, it risks the confidence taking a knock, clearly we accepted this game for financial reasons, I hope it doesn't cause too much damage.

The potential for a confidence hammering is very real. Although, I wouldn't think we would crash playing at home. As we didnt the last time they embarrassed us. However, and it's a big however, if we do well then that would be a major boost. It looks like a totally mismatched game though. Just for the money spent alone. Here's hoping we can at least show we an play. And even if we play the best we ever could, I still dont think that would be enough to get a draw never mind a win. But, we have improved, how much will be out to the test tomorrow. As long as we dont do the rabbits in headlights thing. That's all we can ask. Have a fucking go and dont shite it thst much that they cant even make a five yard pass. As happened before.

So, 3.1 to us. 😁

As you guys have already said, this is a massive change in strategy from the tired and tested pre-season matches against 3rd or 4th tier opposition designed to improve match fitness and build confidence away from the spotlight against weaker teams. I'm guessing this is due to a number of factors including there not being the same options this year due to restrictions in travel/cost implications to smaller teams for Covid-19 testing and probably a much needed revenue-stream to us from sponsors/tv companies in the much higher profile games.

I hope that it works, but I am wary about getting a thumping by one of Europe's best sides who are also well-ahead of us with regards match fitness. What's the bets we get a player sent off thanks to some PSG theatrics and this red card does count towards a suspension when the league kicks off?

The potential for a confidence hammering is very real. Although, I wouldn't think we would crash playing at home. As we didnt the last time they embarrassed us. However, and it's a big however, if we do well then that would be a major boost. It looks like a totally mismatched game though. Just for the money spent alone. Here's hoping we can at least show we an play. And even if we play the best we ever could, I still dont think that would be enough to get a draw never mind a win. But, we have improved, how much will be out to the test tomorrow. As long as we dont do the rabbits in headlights thing. That's all we can ask. Have a fucking go and dont shite it thst much that they cant even make a five yard pass. As happened before.

So, 3.1 to us. 😁
I always knew there was a big soft hearted
Celtic man in there agree we’re gonna pump them just wish big Simo was the there to launch 🚀 Neymar into space.
were there to learn from the best wtf we are the best 3-1 like TV both on day release from your local Sanatorium. 👀👀👀🤪🤪🤪👀👀
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

You wanna play in the big bhoys play ground then these are the games you want to play it suits both sides

PSG want some whippin Bhoys and we want to compete against the best it boosts confidence , a loss against them won't have any effect on paper we've no chance but i would rather face them with Lenny as the manager than the snake who refused to change even when the goals rattled in

Hope someone goes through that runt neymar for all the talent he's one pathetic player

It is my opinion that trying to win the game, whether its a friendly or not should mean putting out team who are capable and experienced enough to try and win.

Maybe trying a trials or younger player or two with very strong side to see how they individually cope.

If they are intending putting out much less than full strength side it should be announced long before game is scheduled to take place.

Especially if its deemed a high profile friendly.

if its celtic reserves v Psg reserves then it should be labeled as such.

I have no interest in watching purely training matches

Its disrespectful to the Clubs and the fans who might be looking forward to a proper professional test.

You could quite easily play lower division side if you intend putting out a training exercise.

I dont know how I feel about this game so early. Confidence is a big thing and if we get handed several arses it might put a big dent in ours. On the other hand, I am keen to see us against them, to see if we can better compete than the last games under Roy that were....well, you all know. You watched them. PSG so far have handed out two severe tankings to both teams they played.

They are on a different level, we have improved in Europe as we all saw last year, this will be a test. If we can put in a decent show against one of the best teams in the world, then I will be happy. We have to he realistic. I've already booked a spot behind the couch in case they tear us a new one. I have mixed feelings, go and take the cunts on as I believe we can put up a show and abject terror. How are you lot feeling about the game?
I think Theverdict1 we can only improve by playing against quality like PSG,the likelyhood is we will get beat,but I am sure there will be a lot Lenny will have learned from playing teams like this,win lose or draw mate it will benefit us more than hinder us,,what do we think sevco learned from playing 2 reserve teams,,absolutely NOTHING about how good their squad is,but they now know how Bigoted their own support is,,some will say it is the minority,can sevco tell us what the consider to be the minority..

HH.

Optimistic Verdict. I don't care about result I just want to see our team improve with every game we play. Get partnerships on the pitch that will take us to unprecedented success this coming season. HH.

Back