Celtic v Ross County - Saturday 25 January kick-off 3pm - all comments here

Patchy performance today,wobbly defensively,much prefer the 3-5-2, but Ajer,virus and Eddy, toe injury,put paid to that,taylor or even Bolingoli at right back,Bauer looks solid,but hey,3 goals and 3 points, onward's and upward's COYBIG ☘ 🍺

Interesting BB. If that is all thats holding him back there is still hope for the lad. It's not like it is ability-communication will come with time and confidence. Good tipper? :)
Haha it didn't click it was him till after he left. Knew I knew his face, the wife was rather distracting 😉.
I'm not sure about the tip, I don't think so though! The staff member that took the bill usually lets you know if it was a decent one ....she didn't mention anything haha

Just back home. Grumpy old man time.
All very laboured, Forest went to the line once, 14 corners only one a variation, which failed, Hayes never gave Johnson one ball to run onto, and we play Griff who gets two balls over a high line all game.
It could have been 3 1 to Ross county at half time.
Sorry just not good enough. Eddie got us over the line.
It's being objective that keeps me going!!
HH

Poor in the first half, better in the second once Eddy came on. Defence looked very open and they were getting through too often, probably unsurprising given that we were without 3 of the usual 4.
McGregor MOTM with Brown, Julien, Forster and Johnston of the starters playing well. Forrest and Ntcham were poor in the first half but a lot better in the second.
The negatives. Hayes was awful. Passed to County players more than teammates and on several occasions gave the ball away in areas that allowed them in on goal. We have a Scottish international left back on the bench who is head and shoulders better than Hayes at left back. Why?
Bauer, good defensively but not great in possession, Jozo playing on the left side is an accident waiting to happen. Griffiths as lone striker just doesn’t work anymore. His movement, anticipation and decision making were poor. Hit a few decent crosses from dead balls though.
We are so dependant on Edouard it is frightening. He gets injured, we are fecked.
The manager wanted 3 experienced players in this window, 6 days to go he has 0.

The "diamond" left us very exposed to any long ball and could easily had us 2-0 down in the first half. Hayes again? Taylor must be absolutely shit in training by the way he's been treated by Lennon. Forrest AWOL again and no place for Shved. Lenny and his tactics/selections becoming very worrying.

The "diamond" left us very exposed to any long ball and could easily had us 2-0 down in the first half. Hayes again? Taylor must be absolutely shit in training by the way he's been treated by Lennon. Forrest AWOL again and no place for Shved. Lenny and his tactics/selections becoming very worrying.
Im not sure if Lenny knows our best formation , hopefully between the coaching staff they can decide on 2 formation's that the players are comfortable playing so it can be implemented and executed to good effect in the coming months. Get it sorted Bhoys!!

Edouard the big difference between the teams today defensively very slack doesn't matter if they haven't played together before they train for a formation most of it was schoolboy errors. Midfield is a problem no one seems able to win a tackle and the wide players tuck inside too much leaving space for players to run into good to get the 3 points but need to do a lot better

The history books will record a 3-0 victory over Ross County and a barrowload of possession but let's be honest. We could easily have lost 3 goals in the first half. Our central defence opened up three times like the sea of Galilee and if they had a decent striker they would have gone in. We would not be so fortunate in Europe. Did you like me hold your breath as the shots were taken? I hope we can sign Filip Benkovic. That would mean we had the central options of Ajer, Simunovic, Julien, Bitton and Benkovic.

The history books will record a 3-0 victory over Ross County and a barrowload of possession but let's be honest. We could easily have lost 3 goals in the first half. Our central defence opened up three times like the sea of Galilee and if they had a decent striker they would have gone in. We would not be so fortunate in Europe. Did you like me hold your breath as the shots were taken? I hope we can sign Filip Benkovic. That would mean we had the central options of Ajer, Simunovic, Julien, Bitton and Benkovic.
Couldn't believe how open we were to straightforward long diagonals. And yes they were breatch catching moments. My worry is there are no new defenders coming in. We pulled a lad from a loan at Morton-Welsh. He'd been playing reguarly and getting good reviews. He is now back training with the first team. It looks like he'll be the backup defender otherwise why bring him back from a succesful loan? I might be wrong but I gave up on a central defender at least coming in when I read about that.

I thought they only recalled Walsh because Ajer was out and Bitton picked up an injury, although knowing how our club works you could be right Niall.
And on the CH theme wtf was big Chris J doing yesterday as they through balls kept coming at him love the big guy but his concentration seems to waver from time to time, seen Broonie have a word with him a couple of times yesterday.

3 nil was daylight robbery yesterday but he ho its 3pts, a few yesterday didn't do themselves any favours and if Taylor doesn't start on Wednesday then something somewhere has gone wrong.

That goodness for Eddie, other passmarks imho were Calmac and Mikey along with the Waa, most of the rest need a good talking to to put it mildly seen as its the Sabbath.

H.H

Edouard the big difference between the teams today

Edouard is class act dmac and my worry is that we have not brought someone in. Not sure what the plan is with the remaining 3 strikers? We bring Klimala on at Thistle and then Bayo at Killie and no-show from either yesterday. I cannot understand why he didn't go with 2 strikers yesterday to help Grifiths? Young Mickey has had more playing time than most and still looks like a young talented lad needing eased in as a sub to assist his development. He was actually looking at the bench yesterday from around 65 minutes. Young Dembele I would love to see but 4-minutes for a run around!

The defence is another mystery? One through ball saw The Wall cemented to his line and our back line sleeping repeatedly. Good to get a win but Neil really needs to get the organisation sorted.

I thought they only recalled Walsh because Ajer was out and Bitton picked up an injury, although knowing how our club works you could be right Niall.
And on the CH theme wtf was big Chris J doing yesterday as they through balls kept coming at him love the big guy but his concentration seems to waver from time to time, seen Broonie have a word with him a couple of times yesterday.

3 nil was daylight robbery yesterday but he ho its 3pts, a few yesterday didn't do themselves any favours and if Taylor doesn't start on Wednesday then something somewhere has gone wrong.

That goodness for Eddie, other passmarks imho were Calmac and Mikey along with the Waa, most of the rest need a good talking to to put it mildly seen as its the Sabbath.

H.H
I was really frustrated with the backline yesterday too-angry in fact. You are right Brown was having words, in fact a few players were having words with each other. At least that shows there was urgency to correct things but it was a shambles at times. We should have conceded, it was only poor finishing from County that saved our blushes.
I don't get Hayes at left back. A wing back or in midfield I get but his positional awareness was leaving his channel wide open it made Jozo look guilty but it wasn't just him to blame.
We have 5 days to get a couple in. If we aren't trusting Taylor maybe we need to look at that position and if Moi isn't coming back soon we can't rely on Mikey (who I agree played well yesterday) to stay fit so we need another one there.
I'm more concerned about Eddy moving if Dembele ends up leaving Lyon in this window. I had two people message me yesterday with rumours Lyon will bid £30m and also heard Leicester are still considering a bid for Ajer (though that was from a Brentford fan talking to leicester fans at the FA Cup game yesterday-so maybe not most reliable of rumours).
Hate transfer windows-always get nervous in the last few day-especially with our board. Hope you are right about Welsh btw but I worry he's the back up.

Members online

Latest posts

Back