Celtic v Sparta Prague - Match Thread, all comments here

Our board should look at this banner tomorrow and feel ashamed, especially those of them who sat at a table with Tommy Burns. They arent good enough the breath the same air him. A man who stood up for our club and knew what it meant to be part of Celtic. We were not a customer to him. We were all part of the same cause, his cause. While those bastards let everyone shit on our club they should think about that. They don't deserve to share our club with him.
Well said Lubo. 👏👏.
Tommy Burns will always be remembered as a true honourable, courageous and decent Celt. He understood and reflected in his life what Celtic stood for. We were fortunate to have had him as one of ours. Proud. RIP.

Starting things off for Thursday night's Europa League match at Celtic Park with Niall's look at Sparta Prague...

Celtic v Sparta Prague Preview - Why Broony must keep Borek Dockal quiet...

Haven't seen much of Sparta Prague still its fair enough to say they are one of the bigger and stronger clubs of that part of the world. I know that we will be labelled as favourites I hope and I'm sure the team dont pay much attention to that in this tournament. Both ties will be who settles best . Sparta on their day like Celtic are capable of beating anyone..still going by recent performances I still expect us to win and tall order yes but win over there and we may pull of a bigger Europa league shock , the players are brimming with a humble confidence I've not seen for a while , all the players saying this right things everyones pulling in the same direction. We know this team have special abilities it would be great for it to come together against such prestigious clubs .

Well if we start on fire tonight I think we could have a fruitful evening, would like us to up the tempo for more than 30 mins though.

Team selection will be along the usual lines unless Lenny is of a mind to give squad members more game time. So with my usual 30secs of thought here is my guesstimate.

Bain..

Elhamed Duffy Bitton Laxalt.

Broonie n Calmac.

Ryan Tom Eli.

Eddie...

However I would go 442

With the same defence.

Frimpone Broonie Calmac Ryan.

Ajeti n Eddie

Strongest team available should start, a must win for any chance of qualification and also to keep the momentum of both playing well and winning games going, we need to get back into the habit of winning, with Rogic back and Julien on his way back i can only see us improving over the next month or so. with Prague having serious issues with team selection due to covid isolation of half their first team i expect a good performance and a minimum 3-0 win. and to make it a good night a skelping of the huns.

Hoops are high tonight we start and play like the last Euro game and make the substitutions at the right time we should prevail solid team with Oz not Ntcham
Love to see Griffiths and Eddie up front
Anyhoo 3-1
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀
Think itll be the one up front again in eddy . No club called prague should be underestimated though I fancy us tonight we should go into this game with the mindset of recognising that we are similar in quality but we are looking to get through this group and if performance levels continue that's a real possibility as we are now regularly taking points from big 5 league clubs', england , Germany italy france only spain has eluded us but we've not played there of late. I'll be over the moon with 2nil but will settle for a rogic ('if he plays) 95th minute penalty, I say 95th as it doesng matter who we play theres always another 5 minutes when were winning especially

I've been far too busy with work and family stuff for the last few days, but fortunately it has been pretty quiet in world events and Scottish football developments (you guys have already covered the outrageous goings on here so not going to get myself wound up 🤬🤬🤬).

So I'll just focus on this game. At long last Lenny seems to have found his Mojo and surprise surprise it coincides with the team rediscovering its form, so hopefully it continues. Prague to be struggling due to their lockdown so we need to be aggressive and hit them fast and hard. I'd go with a 442 starting Eddy and Griff. Rogic will break the deadlick and Christie may score too.

I'm going for a 2 goal victory. C'mon Bhoys.

PS - I see kelly is still AWOL - I hope all is well with you.

Back