Celtic v Sparta Prague - Match Thread, all comments here

Perhaps we are underestimating sparta Prague though I doubt it for we all know that they are a decent side but not a side that should win by that scoreline at CP of course we can make it up by winning in prague but that seems highly unlikely right now.laxalt played well again calmac went missing again and I'm s big fan of calmac but no hiding the truth he was all over the shop again. Expected to lose we win or draw expected to win and we are hammered not beaten hammered griff should be starting the games by now, I've supported lenny all the way and still do but too many changes too often and the wrong ones at that CP holds no fear now for anyone , this cant continue

Describing tonights performance as mince,would be an insult tae mince,even yon cheap mince! 🍺 :mad:
Well micheal yon cheap mince as you call it
, ma dug loves it 😂😂 a tell her it’s dear mince that’s how it’s frozen 🙈🙈🙈 , the bit efter ma dug wizny about ma dug🙈 or wiz it 😂😂😂

Who thinks Lenny can or should survive this latest setback? I am not sure. I don't think the board will move, but, they never do anything on time, so, my view is, loyalty to one man, could fuck up millions. I still think if he played Soro and Turnbull in the middle, get Duffy back to Brighton with a receipt, get Julien back and Ajer, we can turn it around, but not with Lenny in charge. Deeply sad to say that, as I love Lenny, but he knows too, its not about individuals, its about the club. And before anybody asks who will take over, Strachan, he is the only one who knows the club. Because lets not kid ourselves, we would never pay for an elite manager, so, who else? It wont happen obviously, we will dither, our boards DNA is dither. Sunday is D Day for Lenny.

Who thinks Lenny can or should survive this latest setback? I am not sure. I don't think the board will move, but, they never do anything on time, so, my view is, loyalty to one man, could fuck up millions. I still think if he played Soro and Turnbull in the middle, get Duffy back to Brighton with a receipt, get Julien back and Ajer, we can turn it around, but not with Lenny in charge. Deeply sad to say that, as I love Lenny, but he knows too, its not about individuals, its about the club. And before anybody asks who will take over, Strachan, he is the only one who knows the club. Because lets not kid ourselves, we would never pay for an elite manager, so, who else? It wont happen obviously, we will dither, our boards DNA is dither. Sunday is D Day for Lenny.
🙈🙈🙈FFS verdict do you ever switch aff 🙈sack this cunt fire that cunt Soro you go oan about him like he’s the new KANTE you’ve seen about 29 mins a the boy , well if we got WGS in his boy would have a job for life 🚬🚬 thing way that is didn’t know JFK was ever employed by Celtic , don’t know what you do for a living verdict but whatever it is mate bet you have at least wan cunt who’s got yer back ? Could go fuckin oan mate but am no yer right the cunts in the dugout are letting us down , I tthink our eyes should be looking at others 🍀

The only issue I would have replacing Lennon is who could we get to takeover, or more pertinently would you trust PL to appoint someone better? If DD gets involved then, given previous times he intervened, we could get someone of a high enough profile and success rate to come in. Left to PL it'll be John Kennedy or some other cheap option.
If we are making a change it should be now. It would give the players the kick up the arse they need for Sunday after tonight then gives us a fortnight to our next game.
Would rather stick with Lennon than bring in Strachan or O'Neill, they've had their time, done it and time has moved on.

Verdict 11, have to agree . Celtic are a bigger team than probably 90%of EPL teams but attracting a top class manager is very difficult for us. Not got any answer mate. We're trapped in this crap league

The only issue I would have replacing Lennon is who could we get to takeover, or more pertinently would you trust PL to appoint someone better? If DD gets involved then, given previous times he intervened, we could get someone of a high enough profile and success rate to come in. Left to PL it'll be John Kennedy or some other cheap option.
If we are making a change it should be now. It would give the players the kick up the arse they need for Sunday after tonight then gives us a fortnight to our next game.
Would rather stick with Lennon than bring in Strachan or O'Neill, they've had their time, done it and time has moved on.
Whoever comes in would be stuck with the same handpicked cunts who IMO are letting us down , don’t care how many fuckin badges they’ve got😂I’ve got a first aides badge if you were dying in front of me I’d be fucked🙈 you’d be fucked anaw unfortunately

Whoever comes in would be stuck with the same handpicked cunts who IMO are letting us down , don’t care how many fuckin badges they’ve got😂I’ve got a first aides badge if you were dying in front of me I’d be fucked🙈 you’d be fucked anaw unfortunately
We have a group of players who are multiple winners, they have, slowly, let their performances regress over a relatively short period of time. They look disorganised on the pitch, lacking in fitness and now getting pumped at home by 3rd rate European team. Regularly. A good coach, someone who would train them, improve their fitness, implement tactics to get the best out of them and return to the professional organisation we were not that long ago, would have this group of players flying again. Ultimately on the field underperformance is the problem of the manager, always is, no matter the team, and always will be.

I've supported us through the worst times, awful players, sack the board, their 9, so realise where we are. In truth in the midst of the most successful spell we will ever live through domestically. Tonight was awful, really awful. The same players that are currently awful will not be remembered for Sparta etc, they will be revered for years to come, rightly as legends. They didn't wear that cloak tonight and looked like bums to be honest. But they do not deserve to be treated nor spoken of as players that owe us anything. We on the other hand, spoilt by success owe them a bit of support. The management team aint getting a tune out of the band, its clear for all to see. Change is needed and it must come soon, But lets not treat our own like pariahs. Faithfull through and through. If this reflect the Celtic support after a few bad results, feck knows what it would be like after losing a league. Lenny makes mistakes, and in defeat lots of them are exposed but the man does not deserve to be treated and spoken of in the hateful way i see and hear. He isn't having a good time and i think his time is up, but the man deserves our respect and to be treated with dignity. He is not the enemy and should not be treated as such. Celtic fans were renowned for their support in the face of any situation. I hope that attitude still lives among us. We do not vilify our own, we demand better though.

We have a group of players who are multiple winners, they have, slowly, let their performances regress over a relatively short period of time. They look disorganised on the pitch, lacking in fitness and now getting pumped at home by 3rd rate European team. Regularly. A good coach, someone who would train them, improve their fitness, implement tactics to get the best out of them and return to the professional organisation we were not that long ago, would have this group of players flying again. Ultimately on the field underperformance is the problem of the manager, always is, no matter the team, and always will be.
👍👍according to those in the know😂😂😂😂 Lenny only goes to training on a Friday 💩 if that’s right what are the great coaches doing the rest of the week 🙈🙈 think there might be wan talking about how good a player he might huv been 🤬

I've supported us through the worst times, awful players, sack the board, their 9, so realise where we are. In truth in the midst of the most successful spell we will ever live through domestically. Tonight was awful, really awful. The same players that are currently awful will not be remembered for Sparta etc, they will be revered for years to come, rightly as legends. They didn't wear that cloak tonight and looked like bums to be honest. But they do not deserve to be treated nor spoken of as players that owe us anything. We on the other hand, spoilt by success owe them a bit of support. The management team aint getting a tune out of the band, its clear for all to see. Change is needed and it must come soon, But lets not treat our own like pariahs. Faithfull through and through. If this reflect the Celtic support after a few bad results, feck knows what it would be like after losing a league. Lenny makes mistakes, and in defeat lots of them are exposed but the man does not deserve to be treated and spoken of in the hateful way i see and hear. He isn't having a good time and i think his time is up, but the man deserves our respect and to be treated with dignity. He is not the enemy and should not be treated as such. Celtic fans were renowned for their support in the face of any situation. I hope that attitude still lives among us. We do not vilify our own, we demand better though.
Quality post shoot Lennon but don’t shoot the cunts hiding behind him , we.we’re as poor as I have seen tonight but if anyone thinks NFL said in his team talk “go out and play as pish as you can” there sadly mistaken unfortunately most off our players did , players up the road , Lenny getting it tight again 🙈🙈 John Kennedy 😂😂😂😂

👍👍according to those in the know😂😂😂😂 Lenny only goes to training on a Friday 💩 if that’s right what are the great coaches doing the rest of the week 🙈🙈 think there might be wan talking about how good a player he might huv been 🤬
frankly i couldnt give a fuck what he does and when he does it, his job is to get a tune out them in any way shape or form, which he aint admittedly.

I am still so shell-shocked at tonights wooful display. I just can't get my head around how the same starting 11 on Sunday, who looked so good in the 1st half could be so shíte in the 1st half tonight. I expected a big response in the 2nd and still nothing,could argue we were even worse.
Can only assume we must have serious problems going on behind the scenes that are making there way onto the pitch, as we were a completely disjointed shambles. As to why, I really don't know.
Lenny said a change of attitude is needed, well why is the attitude so bad in the first place? To me it looks like a breakdown between players and management and that is alarming if true.

So why are we sticking with a part time manager who turns up on the training pitch once a week? I don't believe that to be the case but is only relevant if its clear things are going badly (that's what CLoughy did but that was 40 years ago, football is different now).
The buck stops, rightly or wrongly, with the manager. Not the players, not the coaches, not the overpaid CEO, not the board, the manager.

Am I the only person who thinks our problem lies in midfield. Despite his constant praise I think calmac does not contribute as much as he should. Buzzes about midfield,spraying ten yard passes that achieve nowt. He has qualities but seems beyond getting dropped. No player should be beyond that.
Must admit that I have a problem with too many left footed players in our midfield. They are often the most skilled but do not have enough dig. And that's why the huns ,despite formations, have dominated us recently

Members online

Latest posts

Back