Celtic v St Johnstone LC Semi-Final.

Only Celtic fans can show the respect they have for their manager in the manner they do,
also fair to say the manager is not short on showing his supporters a bit of respect..

HH

Just posted these two videos from the game today, outstanding support and a great day all round. I was there with my boy, young Lubo98 and brought along my brother in law whose big sister is married to Lisbon Lion Willie Wallace, a very close friend of Bertie. In 2017 when Willie and his family were over for the 50th Anniversary celebrations they were staying with my sister and brother in law in Edinburgh. Willie had bought himself some cornflakes - he'd got he supermarket own brand rather than Kelloggs and when it was time to head back to Oz there was 3/4 box left over, which found its way to me for the boys to enjoy.

They were unimpressed preferring all sorts of more expensive cereal at that stage rather than supermarket own brand cornflakes so they remained untouched for many months and were one day just about heading for the bin before my better half decided that she couldn't throw out Willie Wallace's cornflakes and decided instead to make chocolate cornflake cakes with them. Needless to say that they were a big hit with the boys.

So that's the rather silly story of Willie Wallace's own brand supermarket cornflakes.

Aye but Kyogo spoilt it tonight by using his black belt in kung foo to do that sneaky horrific karate chop into the Saint's spine that could have paralysed his opponent. Fortunately Nick Walsh was on top of things and his beady eyes saw this assault and was happy to book him for it!
Glad Kyogo got up and pushed that mouthbreathing hammerthrower that floored him -- good to see him not taking any うんち (unchi, Japanese for "shit") from those clowns. Hope this is a trend.

I genuinely think Madden is incompetent rather than it being a deflection tactic. Like a few others he has been promoted to a higher level than his abilities and performances warrant. But he is from the right regional referee's association and so has the right allegiances to mean he has been selected for promotions.

I think differently when it comes to Madden.

To me he’s the most sleekit Hun MIB of them all and that’s saying something…..he knows exactly what he’s doing in my view…

Just posted these two videos from the game today, outstanding support and a great day all round. I was there with my boy, young Lubo98 and brought along my brother in law whose big sister is married to Lisbon Lion Willie Wallace, a very close friend of Bertie. In 2017 when Willie and his family were over for the 50th Anniversary celebrations they were staying with my sister and brother in law in Edinburgh. Willie had bought himself some cornflakes - he'd got he supermarket own brand rather than Kelloggs and when it was time to head back to Oz there was 3/4 box left over, which found its way to me for the boys to enjoy.

They were unimpressed preferring all sorts of more expensive cereal at that stage rather than supermarket own brand cornflakes so they remained untouched for many months and were one day just about heading for the bin before my better half decided that she couldn't throw out Willie Wallace's cornflakes and decided instead to make chocolate cornflake cakes with them. Needless to say that they were a big hit with the boys.

So that's the rather silly story of Willie Wallace's own brand supermarket cornflakes.
They may take our lives, but they'll never take our cornflakes (unless they're Kellogs or frosties, or coco pops)

What a game St Johnston v Livingstone will be when they both bring their A game ,Anti football. both teams will not leave their own 18 yard area.
DB - who will ever forget the night that Celtic beat the Barcelona?

What a result. What on occasion. What a buzz.

To be brutally frank though - we were comprehensively outplayed and outclassed. It was a 10-man backs to the wall, throw everything in the way at it and hope for the best.

I say 10-man, because Forster was superhuman that night and played beyond the standard of mere mortals.

Buck tried to play Barca and PSG at their own game and let's be honest - it was beyond embarrassing. I don't mind teams like Livi and St Johnstone knowing their limitations and playing the way they do, but what I do find offensive is the total brutality with which they do it.

It's one thing being difficult to beat, it's another thing altogether when they're taking cheap shots and throwing elbows, boots and hammers at our team.

I've played for shitty teams and you do what you have to do, but there is intent to damage in some of those challenges and that is unforgivable.

DB - who will ever forget the night that Celtic beat the Barcelona?

What a result. What on occasion. What a buzz.

To be brutally frank though - we were comprehensively outplayed and outclassed. It was a 10-man backs to the wall, throw everything in the way at it and hope for the best.

I say 10-man, because Forster was superhuman that night and played beyond the standard of mere mortals.

Buck tried to play Barca and PSG at their own game and let's be honest - it was beyond embarrassing. I don't mind teams like Livi and St Johnstone knowing their limitations and playing the way they do, but what I do find offensive is the total brutality with which they do it.

It's one thing being difficult to beat, it's another thing altogether when they're taking cheap shots and throwing elbows, boots and hammers at our team.

I've played for shitty teams and you do what you have to do, but there is intent to damage in some of those challenges and that is unforgivable.
You piss the bed sp or you going for a morning jog 🤣

You piss the bed sp or you going for a morning jog 🤣
Bed??? Bed??? Nearest I got to a bed was a flower bed and there's no even any petals to keep you warm at this time of year???

I gave it a special sprinkling anyway just oot o' sheer badness.

Jog??? Jog??? Nearest I got to a jog was when I went freewheeling whilst trying to maintain upward momentum???

Ii gave that a special sprinkling too just oot o' an inability to control my bladder.

Was travelling yesterday so missed the game seen a couple of bits of highlights and St Johnstone played as expected with 5 across the back and everyone defending around their box. Not great football from them but it's part of the game and sometimes when we are p!saying in Europe we could use a bit of that defending to shut teams out. Good result and on we go .

Can anybody tell me where I can get a replay of the first 20 minutes? I was travelling yesterday and did not get back in time for the start

We all know about the standard of referring in the SPL but yesterday was about as low as it could go the missed red the break up of play when a St Johnstone player was lying on the ground not interfering with play with Celtic on the attack play stopped the yellow cards handed out to both sides was well I don’t really know in the end it was a farce , will the SPL/SFA review the game don’t think so the same guy will be out next week picking up a nice little pay check,the stupid thing is that the yellows handed out will add to thier running total so for the rest of the season the players will be carrying a punishment they did not deserve in the first place some kind of justice that is

Was travelling yesterday so missed the game seen a couple of bits of highlights and St Johnstone played as expected with 5 across the back and everyone defending around their box. Not great football from them but it's part of the game and sometimes when we are p!saying in Europe we could use a bit of that defending to shut teams out. Good result and on we go .
I agree that in some European games we need to be more pragmatic and put a bit more emphasis on defence. However, if we tried to use the same brutal nasty fouling to stop our opponents any way possible then we'd end up with a handful of players sent off in every Euro tie. I thought the sport was supposed to be played under the same laws of the game - these are obviously different in Lanarkshire!

Members online

No members online now.

Back