Celtic v St Mirren - 3pm KO, Saturday 20 May, Celtic Park, Glasgow, Scotland

What’s your’s

HH 😉

………………………………………Hart………………………………………

Ralston………………..Starman…………..Kobayashi…………………Taylor

…………..Hatate…………….McGregor…………...O’Riley………………….

Jota……………………………KYOGO………………………….Maeda……

Last edited:
I think Ange will play a few of those who were relatively poor for us last week, as he believes in forcing players to play when they are struggling to prove they can do it (i think it was Hatate in his first season who was clearly shattered but Ange made him play through the hurt to build himself up physically and mentally and we benefitted from this approach this season as he improved so much for the difficult experience). So I expect some tough love from Ange as he knows these players are very capable and he will want to them to deliver.

I suspect Mooy will not be fit enough for this match as he has been struggled now for a couple of months - but if he is fit enough then he needs game time before the cup final as he takes a while to get back up to full fitness.

Frankly unlike most on here, I am not too worried about results in the league just now as the priority for me is the cup final and assessing players for the future, but I obviously would much prefer a nice enjoyable victory. Having said that, I suspect we might be in for a wee treat and I am forecasting a 5-0 win. But, as ever, we need to be up for the fight and match St Mirren physically as they will try to make it tough for us.

Last edited:
I thought Siegrist was still out injured - Bain has been on the bench for the last few months.
Is Siegeist back in the mix? What’s the score with him?…
Unless he's had a relapse he is back in full training and available for selection as far as I know.
I think Ange will still want to manage and rotate the squad up until the cup final so expecting to see everybody who is available and training to get some minutes in last 3 league games.

Think Ange will continue to make use of fringe players as part of the team or subs so he can see who has a future and those that need to move on, against St Mirren it will be a team to win about 4-0 I think, the end of this season and the Cup Final with his eye on next season is part of his planning I may be totally wrong but that is how it appears to me.if He intends to get new players in so some must go so is giving players every chance before they are showed the door

Think Ange will continue to make use of fringe players as part of the team or subs so he can see who has a future and those that need to move on, against St Mirren it will be a team to win about 4-0 I think, the end of this season and the Cup Final with his eye on next season is part of his planning I may be totally wrong but that is how it appears to me.if He intends to get new players in so some must go so is giving players every chance before they are showed the door
Think so as well Digger, he's no choice regarding CCVs position though we have iwata who can ( I'm led to believe) play as a CB as well so covered for that position with Kobayashi, Welsh, Lawal and iwata.

I think how often or the opposite we see of Abada from now til the end will indicate if he's off this window, Summers has been making matchday squad recently.

What is going on with Ben Seigrist?
I have no idea, has anyone seen him, heard anything about him, anything?

Naw, he never phones me noo, I keep ringing him, but he never answers, I leave messages…. But doesn’t get back to me anymore, hink I’m being “ghosted” 👻
I was thinking the same....ehm...without the phone call part, I just assumed he thinks I'm a " potential fraud" call as my number will come up as , unknown, strange awa-body knows me fs it's me Ben ....winter 🤷🏻‍♂️

Surprised there's not been a pull out section in the paper about it.
" Where is Ben?"

Like Kelly above said and I'm sure the majority of us are the same in rating this guy. Hard to rate someone we never see, I know he had a virus or bug but that was ages ago and Bain has been no2 since then.

It's a pickle no doubt about it.

WC!
Next Q&A with the gaffer tell him winter said " orite mate" 👋 and wtf is going on with Ben?

Though say it in a far more refined way than ma fkwit gorbuls patter n at n aw at n at know?

I was thinking the same....ehm...without the phone call part, I just assumed he thinks I'm a " potential fraud" call as my number will come up as , unknown, strange awa-body knows me fs it's me Ben ....winter 🤷🏻‍♂️

Surprised there's not been a pull out section in the paper about it.
" Where is Ben?"

Like Kelly above said and I'm sure the majority of us are the same in rating this guy. Hard to rate someone we never see, I know he had a virus or bug but that was ages ago and Bain has been no2 since then.

It's a pickle no doubt about it.

WC!
Next Q&A with the gaffer tell him winter said " orite mate" 👋 and wtf is going on with Ben?

Though say it in a far more refined way than ma fkwit gorbuls patter n at n aw at n at know?
I seen a report that listed him in the squad for last Saturday and was pretty certain he returned to full training last month so as you say its a bit of a mystery why Bain is ahead of him.
Big Ange will surely enlighten us at Friday's prezzer or maybe naw as the SMSM questions will be all about summer bragging rights and ur we feart noo of the Ranjurs 😊

Back