Celtic v St Mirren - 3pm KO, Saturday 20 May, Celtic Park, Glasgow, Scotland

Just got back from the game.
Pretty disappointing and don’t really want to slag them off but a few observations,
Iwata is not the answer, to pretty much any question.
Calmac should attend to his own game instead of telling everyone who to pass to.
Joe Hart, get your mojo back please

Carl was outstanding imo.

HH

Just got back from the game.
Pretty disappointing and don’t really want to slag them off but a few observations,
Iwata is not the answer, to pretty much any question.
Calmac should attend to his own game instead of telling everyone who to pass to.
Joe Hart, get your mojo back please

Carl was outstanding imo.

HH
Just back also and TBH until the end St Mirren looked a team desperate for the full points, Celtic got a point from a game that looked like just some players getting an extended run and some getting a game just to get them up to scratch with the season closing, Was not dissapointed or concerned when you consider that it is hard to get fully motivated and up for remain dead rubbers in what has been a long hard season with all major domestics albeit one to come already in the bag. Celtic will not make defensive errors like today a habit once all the main players are fit and ready.

Look forward to the main game at Hampden and watching Celtic complete what could become a historic moment in trebles won.

Think the guys look as if they have switched off or trying to avoid injury. When Abada and Haksa came on the intensity went up a level but we still were well short of the levels required, our captain hasn't been at his best for a number of games very slow and tentative but did score a great goal today.a few others seemed to be waiting on things to happen and were content to play backward passes a lot of the time ( I know ball retention) but we didn't pressure them enough. I thought the subs could have been made 10 mins earlier than they were but that's the choice of the manager and not us and he knows better than me.
All in we had 2 good goals to cheer a penalty claim that they never really looked at and a goal against that looked offside but apparently not.

Saw CalMac's equalizer, he really is our Captain fantastic, what a beautiful strike today
Looked like we were denied a few penalty shouts today, but that's normal, no matter who we play
Hopefully, we will see a much better performance in the cup final
With CCV and a few others out, we will have 'growing pains' as we try to slot players in for them
Kyogo, what an inspiration he is, scoring goals, chasing back, and harrying the opposition when they have the ball, running into space, even if he doesn't get the ball, he never gives up
Have a great weekend everyone
YNWA

Last edited:
Think the guys look as if they have switched off or trying to avoid injury. When Abada and Haksa came on the intensity went up a level but we still were well short of the levels required, our captain hasn't been at his best for a number of games very slow and tentative but did score a great goal today.a few others seemed to be waiting on things to happen and were content to play backward passes a lot of the time ( I know ball retention) but we didn't pressure them enough. I thought the subs could have been made 10 mins earlier than they were but that's the choice of the manager and not us and he knows better than me.
All in we had 2 good goals to cheer a penalty claim that they never really looked at and a goal against that looked offside but apparently not.
I agree with all of that. The penalty shout hit his shoulder first and may have rolled down his arm a bit so correct not to award it. Their second goal looked clearly offside but then when it was frozen CalMac's studs appeared to play Main onside, so again it was correct to let it stand.

Munro had a few strange decisions - nothing major, but lots of minor ones. Like giving a drop ball to the Buddies when we were in possession after yet another "headknock" for one of their players (you could almost believe it was a pre-determined ploy to hold up play). Also, only adding on 5 minutes in the second half - the board only informed us of this fact well into stoppage time while play was held up again for another minute and a half due to an "injury", but he only added on 10 extra seconds. No excuse for us dropping points though - that was down to our poor performance.

We had better pick up the intensity for the last few games now.

I agree with all of that. The penalty shout hit his shoulder first and may have rolled down his arm a bit so correct not to award it. Their second goal looked clearly offside but then when it was frozen CalMac's studs appeared to play Main onside, so again it was correct to let it stand.

Munro had a few strange decisions - nothing major, but lots of minor ones. Like giving a drop ball to the Buddies when we were in possession after yet another "headknock" for one of their players (you could almost believe it was a pre-determined ploy to hold up play). Also, only adding on 5 minutes in the second half - the board only informed us of this fact well into stoppage time while play was held up again for another minute and a half due to an "injury", but he only added on 10 extra seconds. No excuse for us dropping points though - that was down to our poor performance.

We had better pick up the intensity for the last few games now.
w never got the full 5min only got 4 allowed them to block players once they played the ball and tried to move on and the amount of times players were being pulled back When on the ball refereeing at its finest

Could it be that the other teams have worked out how to counter our style now I thought St Mirren played pretty much like huns did last week only cleaner a lot of our passes seem to go astray but maybe the opposition are second guessing us now or mibbes I’m talking pish and the team just need a boot in the baws

It's the end of a long season where we stuck to the task week in week out. The rewards are for the focus we showed up to and until we won the league cup the league and got to the final as champions when it matters against the rest.
It is no surprise to see teams winning and getting results when it doesn't matter particularly against us ....cmon tae.
I was pissed off last week as I can't stomach that bitter cheating club getting anything against us. But the reality is in the cold light of day no one will remember last week or this week when history is recalled.
However I think we need to be looking at Welsh and Starfish for the Final to get us over the line for a memorable season.

Saw CalMac's equalizer, he really is our Captain fantastic, what a beautiful strike today
Looked like we were denied a few penalty shouts today, but that's normal, no matter who we play
Hopefully, we will see a much better performance in the cup final
With CCV and a few others out, we will have 'growing pains' as we try to slot players in for them
Kyogo, what an inspiration he is, scoring goals, chasing back, and harrying the opposition when they have the ball, running into space, even if he doesn't get the ball, he never gives up
Have a great weekend everyone
YNWA
Calmac scored a goal today but was just about the only positive thing he did today.... or last week

Hatate has disappeared from his post,,big orielly is shit scared of getting tackled,calmac is putting out fires all over the place,,jota and maeda can’t get a pass to a celtic player in good positions,keeper very slow at getting down to average shots?no cannonball murdo McLeod types,??and keeps palming balls into his goalmouth(league final v hunz,,semi v hunz,,ibrox v hunz,,today??apart from that I’m still confident the bhoys will do the biz in the cup final,,,anyone any idea the last goal scored from a corner for celtic??team full of midgets and we pump it into the box😕short ones please!! Ano everyone’s nervous but would rather get all the shitty performances out the system in meaningless games+ it’s more about keeping the boys ticking over before hampden..caley haven’t kicked a baw in about five weeks?

Start with Koybayasha and Starfelt next two games stop any more trialling at the back.
Get Daddy Cool back in beside Hatate and Calmac.
Big O'Riley far too Casual and laid back.
Daizen needs to play every week to have a certain touch to his game. He can't come in and out...leave that to Haksa and Abadass .
CCV and Johnston not playing has been massive as they are the only two physical players in the starting eleven .
It's an adjustment we are not used to ...along with commitment levels dropping....unfortunately the performances we are witnessing were inevitable. Onwards with the focus we need to finish off a terrific campaign.

I love the passion you good folk consistently show when discussing our team/club. I also enjoy the the fact that we sometimes have a different take on things. That's a good basis for a constructive blether.
Ano, ye'v probably sussed the fact that I'm about to bore the posterior off you with my thoughts on our current form. Well, yer correct!
Our dip in form neither surprises, nor overly concerns me. I've seen it too often for that. Even our greatest teams/ players were prone to the odd lapse into being mere human beings.
I also see it as an opportunity to have a look at the true strength of our squad; and have an honest debate about it.That, of course, is best left until after the cup final; but, for me, I feel it's one we must have.
As for the final itself? Get our mindset right, and with absolutely no disrespect to ICT, we will again make history. If our mindset is anything other than focused, then perhaps we'd be entitled to question our professionalism.
Always remember folks, we're probably not even halfway through Ange's rebuild.
Much coming and going awaits us this summer. All the while, we keep winning trophies! HH.

Back