Celtic v St Mirren - 3pm KO, Saturday 20 May, Celtic Park, Glasgow, Scotland

If they win today the points difference will be down to 8...10+ looks a lot better. I don’t want to listen to a summer of how there wasn’t much difference between the teams. I know we say it’s the hope that kills them but frankly I don’t want to give them any hope...a summer of despair for them would be my preference.
It seems to me as well that too many of our players are too confident in the thought that their places are secure. If I was Ange I would make it totally clear that they are playing to justify a place in the final over the remaining games. The performances against the huns and yesterday were totally unacceptable.

I love the passion you good folk consistently show when discussing our team/club. I also enjoy the the fact that we sometimes have a different take on things. That's a good basis for a constructive blether.
Ano, ye'v probably sussed the fact that I'm about to bore the posterior off you with my thoughts on our current form. Well, yer correct!
Our dip in form neither surprises, nor overly concerns me. I've seen it too often for that. Even our greatest teams/ players were prone to the odd lapse into being mere human beings.
I also see it as an opportunity to have a look at the true strength of our squad; and have an honest debate about it.That, of course, is best left until after the cup final; but, for me, I feel it's one we must have.
As for the final itself? Get our mindset right, and with absolutely no disrespect to ICT, we will again make history. If our mindset is anything other than focused, then perhaps we'd be entitled to question our professionalism.
Always remember folks, we're probably not even halfway through Ange's rebuild.
Much coming and going awaits us this summer. All the while, we keep winning trophies! HH.
It is a very good point you make Frank, in that it is important to remember, we are still in the early stages of our own rebuild. I can only speak for myself, but I am not the most patient of people when it comes to Celtic success. Everything has to be instant! But truly, I would prefer any hiccups now, rather than later. We know, we have a manager in whom we can have the utmost confidence, to sort them out. We are in a great place and it will only get better. A cup win, will put the truly deserved gloss, on what has been a terrific season. Patience, patience and more patience will have to be my advice to myself. And then look forward to next season again, with the utmost confidence.

Last edited:
When the huns gave Jack a new contract, that brought home to me how much spinning the media do for the huns. Radsio Snyde spent over 20 minutes discussing Joe Hart and how he is finished, whilst an overated untested goalkeeper like McCrory is the next best thing at Greyskull. Keevings was scathing in his attack on Joe, yet here we are the title and cup won with the best defensive record. Also when we won the title the gap was immensive, the gap can go to 6 for all i care, the fact remains once the shop is closed the remaining games mean nothing and Ange can experiment all he likes team selection wise.

As long as the backbone of the team is kept firing and get game time in before the final and whilst fringe players get more time to adjust in case required then I am happy to go along and watch games like yesterday as all remaining fixtures gives us the fans an insight to what is required and in Ange We Trust will see positions and formations been tested.
When Celtic fill in missing gaps the players not cutting it will be sellable assets, that to me makes sense,.
Over by they are sticking plasters on gaps with players over the hill who will not see out next season and players of new will not be of the highest quality and any quality players they do persuade to join will be loanees on over inflated wages which will not be in line with guidlines but merely paid from soft loans put in.
Nothing has changed overby, they are skint and we know it. Fleecing is the order of the day overby and it more obvious when you listen to the placemen in the media and the attacks on Celtic FC and the failure to mention that Celtic are making history constantly. yesterday saw a record attendances for a womans game, we have 8 trebles perhaps on the horizon, a quadruple, a treble treble including an invincible and an incredible double 9 in a row, attracting a wider audience including Australia, Japan and Korea with our player recruitment,
Celtic is in a good place but, not with our media, you cannot convince all the people of our achievements but deep down they are hurting they just cannot admit it.
Tavpen stated the real Rangers would turn up, how did that work out, when we pumped them in the meaningful fixtures that gave us a title win and cup win over them and gave us a place in the (treble) SC final when we pumped them in the semis.
It is hard for them to be chasing us when we have the finances and they are required to overspend their real budget to be second best.

D51G7PtXsAALXyN.jpg

Last edited:
O what a tangled Webb we weave when first we practice to desive ,,,,,the media in Scotland has a history of bumming up the lot across the City even back in the day a program called Scotsport fronted by the then Arthur Mountford a man who claimed to unbiased towards other teams and if you beleave that you will beleave anything Him and his co presenters always played down Celtic wins you could tell when the other lot got beat he had a face like a slapped arse,if the reversed the situation and they were on top they would be beaming,the papers were and still are so biased towards Celtic they don’t even try to hide it when Celtic win the Cup in a couple weeks they will play it down because we are playing Inverness C which in itself will be a insult to them Inverness reached the Cup final which is more than they have done,we all know that most of thier wins are though cheating by the So Called Refs do the media take up the story and highlight it no they keep thier heads down in case they upset the puppet masters from the 50 es to today it’s always been the same and don’t expect any change anytime soon the resigning of Jack built up for no other reason to keep the mugs happy the guy wouldn’t make the B team at Celtic the lack of penalties against them has been raised many times this is the only team in Scotland and England not to have a penalty awarded against them yet have scored 70 plus against other teams they have not had a penalty against them since January 2022 again has any media taken this up no not one it’s beyond belief yet it goes on every week on this clubs behalf

Members online

Latest posts

Back