Celtic v St Mirren - 3pm KO, Saturday 20 May, Celtic Park, Glasgow, Scotland

Well we were pish today. We need to buck our ideas up. I'd start Oh, Kyogo & Abada upfront and Haksabanovic instead of O'Riley for the next game.

I won't be overly critical of the players for the last couple of performances but we have been very disappointing.

I am happy about only one thing today, and that is, once again it highlighted our paucity of decent central defensive options. Players who can handle physicality. Neither Kobayashi nor Iwata can. We badly need to address this during the Summer. Also, I think Strain is a good player and would prefer him before Ralston.

Last edited:
Well we were pish today. We need to buck our ideas up. I'd start Oh, Kyogo & Abada upfront and Haksabanovic instead of O'Riley for the next game.

I won't be overly critical of the players for the last couple of performances but we have been very disappointing.
When we pander to Maeda and play him on the left it affects the balance of the team as Jota is not quite as good on the right wing. I would like to see Jota and Abada with Maeda and Haksa as backup.

Poor performance, lacking intensity…..too many times we were bullied…..we lack physicality in key areas which needs to be addressed…..pass marks to Starfelt, KYOGO, and mibbies Jota…..the rest were somewhere else…..another wake up call…
jota did step overs ,,,,,,that was it

Let's not get all fallow fallow and attack the team ....it was poor and we are not happy but its clear a strong centre half is everything in our style of play ...I've said it all along CCV is the rock that pulls it all together.
Combined with the intensity we've dropped after getting over the line the results are a consequence unfortunately.
We simply don't have anyone like CCV who can step in or Indeed Johnston ...the evidence is there Raldo back to pre Ange .
Slightly concerning given we are trying to work out how to cover the loss of CCV going into the final regardless the opposition.
Mon the women's team the morra 🇮🇪

Members online

No members online now.

Back