Celtic v St Mirren - Scottish Cup, Celtic Park Saturday 11th February 5.30pm

Not feeling a lot of love for the bold Davie here. He's still a young guy and he's an eye for goal, if he goes it'll be his own decision I think. I also think Ange likes him but he wants to use him as an impact sub whereas DT wants to, understandably, start each game. I hope things will get worked out with the boy.

I don't think any of our starting midfielders today did themselves justice, even our normally reliable skipper was slightly off it. So, no scapegoats from me.
A general point regarding DT, though. I thought during preseason he looked as though he was about to up his game for this campaign. Hasn't happened.
I do believe he has talent, but for the system we now play ? I have my doubts.

Not feeling a lot of love for the bold Davie here. He's still a young guy and he's an eye for goal, if he goes it'll be his own decision I think. I also think Ange likes him but he wants to use him as an impact sub whereas DT wants to, understandably, start each game. I hope things will get worked out with the boy.
Don't get me wrong TS, I like Turnbull think he's got a lot to offer,But he's got to take his chance and prove he wants the position. He not a kid (23) and knows the league he plays in, Ange will be ruthless for the betterment of the team the way it should be. Up to Turnbull to prove it mate.

Not close to our best but an easy win. Listening to Robinson post match you'd think it was close. A bitter, deluded wee man.
Mooy and Turnbull doesn't work, one or the other nor both. The whole tempo lifted when Hatate and O'Riley came on. Oh looks a unit. Maeda MOTM for me.

For 70 minutes , I'd say it was pretty close

I don't think any of our starting midfielders today did themselves justice, even our normally reliable skipper was slightly off it. So, no scapegoats from me.
A general point regarding DT, though. I thought during preseason he looked as though he was about to up his game for this campaign. Hasn't happened.
Dose not seem to have the same drive as others in the team scores a goal now then but gets lost for long periods he has skills but he needs to use them for the team and get involved

Don't get me wrong TS, I like Turnbull think he's got a lot to offer,But he's got to take his chance and prove he wants the position. He not a kid (23) and knows the league he plays in, Ange will be ruthless for the betterment of the team the way it should be. Up to Turnbull to prove it mate.
I completely agree, if Ange thinks it won't happen then he'll be away like Josip and Gio.
I was saying Ange seems to see a role for him but it's not a starring one. So I think if DT leaves it'll be for more regular football than I think he'll get in our parish and he'll instigate the move.
Personally, I want him to stay as he's a great wee player.

And if I may don my old fart hat for a moment, he, most definitely, IS a kid at 23. I have a Scotland shirt 3 years older than him! 😂

I agree Frank
They put their hitman, Gogic, on CalMac right from the start, he was in his face, and left a mark straight away
That tackle on Jota was absolutely atrocious, ripped his socks and could have done a lot more damage than take some skin of his leg, not even a foul given
DT is a good player in his own right and he looked good when he was playing earlier in his Celtic career, but he hasn't been able to 'jump the chasm' so to speak and up his game to the level of the Bhoys, who are on their toes from the off
What a player Mooy is, and Hatate is something special
DT can play in the SPFL, but he seems to have been found 'wanting' when it comes to our relentless Angie style of play
HH

Last edited:
The last defeat we had was against st mirren,the midfield had unfit mooy and turnbull,we were lethargic,pace less and weak in the tackle!!turnbulls a good player when he is allowed to forage around the box area,,he’s no good dropping back building play,often fucks up taylors involvement as the wee man likes to play off someone like O’Riley or maeda,,midfield needs to be no1 mcgregor no2 sumcunt way pace no3 sum other cunt way pace and energy…turnbull has neither?…but a still like him?

Members online

Latest posts

Back