Celtic v theRangers - Saturday 17 October, kick-off 12.30pm, all comments here

The rumours at Parkhead coming from two well known and reliable sources in ex Goalkeeper
John Fallon and Celtic fanatic sports writer Brian McNally are,,,
There are serious problems in the dressing room,I dont suppose any of this will come as a shock to any of us..
Has the wee man lost the dressing room ????.

HH

The rumours at Parkhead coming from two well known and reliable sources in ex Goalkeeper
John Fallon and Celtic fanatic sports writer Brian McNally are,,,
There are serious problems in the dressing room,I dont suppose any of this will come as a shock to any of us..
Has the wee man lost the dressing room ????.

HH
I am always suspicious of people ikn coming out after the event with insight. i knew there were problems when Lenny told the world some didn't want to be with us. So, this is a no shit Sherlock moment. Of course there are problems in the dressing room, the question is can Lenny fix them or not, not that they are there, a dug in the street who watched Lenny saying there were problems would suss it.

These guys aren't telling us anything we don't know.

Definitive needs authority, we have none, thts thepint. Im not saying we cant come to the correct answer, Im saying it doesnt change anything, defintive requires the authority to execute agreed conclusions, we are just shooting the breeze. Even if we are bang on.

Relevant opinions to me are generally made in the hope that those that are in a position to make the changes that are worthy of serious consideration and necessary.....see the obvious sense in what is being proposed and act accordingly.

When there’s a highly significant consensus of pertinent and intelligent views on a subject ignored.....and I believe there is.....there will be only one outcome imo if these views are ignored and that’s conflict and failure.

I therefore disagree that a rational, subjective and collective voice has no influence on those who determine how we as a Club strategise matters on and off the pitch.....It simply doesn’t make sense to me to disregard the obvious...

Relevant opinions to me are generally made in the hope that those that are in a position to make the changes that are worthy of serious consideration and necessary.....see the obvious sense in what is being proposed and act accordingly.

When there’s a highly significant consensus of pertinent and intelligent views on a subject ignored.....and I believe there is.....there will be only one outcome imo if these views are ignored and that’s conflict and failure.

I therefore disagree that a rational, subjective and collective voice has no influence on those who determine how we as a Club strategise matters on and off the pitch.....It simply doesn’t make sense to me to disregard the obvious...
Have you just retunred from Mars on a shopping tolly. I agree that it should matter, but its Celtic we re talkig about. We hve no power at ll. We need to do what we lwys hve, hope thy see what every other cunt can.

Disappointed to say the least,we were never in the game,then watched Swindon get beat with a worse Ref than Beaton yes beleave me he was,still on the plus side the wife bet two 16-1 winners still disappointed

Still there's always the next game

Last edited:
Still in a state of shock, never In my wildest dreams would I ever have thought I would have to sit through the nightmare we have all just witnessed.
We were fucking brutal in the first half and managed to be even worse in the 2nd. This is so alarming and needs to be addressed as a matter of urgency.
The facts speek for themselves and can't be hidden behind, no attempts on goal without even a fucking save to be made.
You can blame players missing which would be bullshit, this is a team that is rudderless, got no direction and all lost at sea.
Sorry that lays at the managers feet and down to him to make the changes if he is capable of doing so.
I have now moved into the camp of thinking lenny is not up to delivering what is required I'm sad to say. This has been going on for to long now with the standard of preformance and a serious lack of confidence between management and players. Our passing and movement still remains static, and lack of ideas to break teams down can't continue to keep going unnoticed. The next 2 games are huge for lenny and his future, can he turn it around, I'm sorry to say I have lost the confidence and faith in the thinking that he can

Have you just retunred from Mars on a shopping tolly. I agree that it should matter, but its Celtic we re talkig about. We hve no power at ll. We need to do what we lwys hve, hope thy see what every other cunt can.
I disagree. We do have power when they ask for season ticket renewals though i accept that threat doesn't exist as monies have already been paid for the season of all seasons. That said i get both your points.

I disagree. We do have power when they ask for season ticket renewals though i accept that threat doesn't exist as monies have already been paid for the season of all seasons. That said i get both your points.
thtas no a real threat is it though? Do you think they consider that? they will next season if they fuck this p, but by that time its too late. We have no power and need to hope they see what we see. Good luck with that Im thinking.

Rodgers has a set system that was to be followed throughout the club and regardless of the opposition. That resulted in some thrashings at the hands of PSG and Barcelona but regardless everyone knew the system and their jobs within it. Theses beatings had to be taken on the chin, as Mowbray would say, and that system produced an unbelievable run of success that actually continues to this day.

The games against them last December resulted in a call for 3-5-2 to counter their formation but we have never settled on a style and jump between different formations pretty much all the time. Today we should have started with a back four, Ntcham -McGregor-Brown in the midfield never impresses, and the goalkeeper at £5m is nowhere near as good as David Marshall who we could have got for free for a season then maybe picked up Fraser Forster next summer. I made this point to Lubo98 the other night watching the Scotland game.

For the first time really, Neil Lennon's position at the club is under real threat. There were mitigating factors today but none are going to wash with the support. Today theRangers looked like title winners. Celtic have to respond as a matter of urgency to that.

Jump between different formations?

The only change we've seen to the 3-5-2 formation so far is that sometimes instead of playing 2 out and out strikers we play an extra midfielder just slightly behind a lone striker, so in essence it's a 3-5-1-1......sorry WC but that's hardly 'jumping between formations' it's more of a slight tweak to an existing one.

A slight tweak that I'd argue does very little to improve our overall performances, completely ignores the flaws elsewhere in the set-up and one that in actual fact robs us of that extra striker to stretch defences.

Agree with you on Barkas, seen nothing so far that points to him being good enough to be our No.1, in fact I think Bain may be the better keeper of the 2. My preferred choice of (rumoured) targets was Robin Olsen of Roma who looked the better option by a mile, think he ended up going to Everton on loan. Fucked up there me thinks!

Back