Celtic v theRangers - Saturday 17 October, kick-off 12.30pm, all comments here

Jump between different formations?

The only change we've seen to the 3-5-2 formation so far is that sometimes instead of playing 2 out and out strikers we play an extra midfielder just slightly behind a lone striker, so in essence it's a 3-5-1-1......sorry WC but that's hardly 'jumping between formations' it's more of a slight tweak to an existing one.

A slight tweak that I'd argue does very little to improve our overall performances, completely ignores the flaws elsewhere in the set-up and one that in actual fact robs us of that extra striker to stretch defences.

Agree with you on Barkas, seen nothing so far that points to him being good enough to be our No.1, in fact I think Bain may be the better keeper of the 2. My preferred choice of (rumoured) targets was Robin Olsen of Roma who looked the better option by a mile, think he ended up going to Everton on loan. Fucked up there me thinks!
Big games calls upon Big players and all of ours at the moment have gone on the missing list. I can accept a poor preformance but on this scale? No I can't. A Celtic team without passion, I thought I would never ever say that

Ive managed to be able to see my thumbs on a phone again.

The second i seen us play a 3cm block i knew it wasnt going to happen.

They cunts play a busy diamond so we would be static against it. And no surprises we were.

Anyway. Is what it is. If we dont start playing a AM properly then this season is dust.
1/3 through it now. Plenty of points on the board but its been shit to watch.

Dont think they were great but

@Bigian65
Dont be a cunt and pick up and snipe comments. Seems to be a pattern mate.
How about you stick your neck out and say something about anything and see how its recieved?
In the guise of a post?
Nae harm in having a laugh. No war wanted on my part either.
It was just something i noticed.
Try posting an opinion instead of a reply.

Im a bit edgy after that shit show so take my attitude with a pinch of salt

Have you just retunred from Mars on a shopping tolly. I agree that it should matter, but its Celtic we re talkig about. We hve no power at ll. We need to do what we lwys hve, hope thy see what every other cunt can.

In essence the Support most definitely has the power.....to take the Support for granted leads to only one thing as has been seen historically.....a legitimately collective and disgruntled Support leads to significant anger and conflict.....conflict ultimately leads to reduced income.....reduced income affects the bottom line.....so to say the Support has no power, is imo simply not right.

If you are suggesting that Celtic, Neil Lennon, et al, will simply ignore what most of us can see and are venting on, where the problems lie.....then we are indeed in real trouble.....I would direct you to the views above should that be the case...

Read that reply to verdict imatim but i dont fully get the point .The support has power yes. If we dont support then the club doesnt continue. So there is an element of blind faith. The reaction your talking about wont happen.
Look at the huns. They have been lied to and diluted share wise, shite tops, dodgy owners ...they cunts keep at it.
We keep at it as well. When it comes to us or them the only thing thats guaranteed is support.
They know we arent happy but they know we are mentally ill when it comes to our devotion to the club...tricky one

@Bigian65
How about you stick your neck out and say something about anything and see how its recieved?
In the guise of a post?

Don’t be a big prick wiz only huv in a laff but hey you an and yer bunnet can go to to the right funny places 🙈🙈 sad as fuck you got something tae say say it Lenny 😂😂😂

@Bigian65
In the guise of a post?

And if yea think am a cunt say it ya big prick a think your a big snowflake or were yea talkin tae yer mate and it slip out 😂😂 fanny

Are we really surprised about today’s performance?. Apart from the Hibs game we have not played well. And it’s the tactics and team selection that are causing it. And there is only one person, plus his support team, to blame. Lennon, Kennedy and Strachan go now, before it gets even more embarrassing. Even when this team is winning, the performances have been shocking.

Jump between different formations?

The only change we've seen to the 3-5-2 formation so far is that sometimes instead of playing 2 out and out strikers we play an extra midfielder just slightly behind a lone striker, so in essence it's a 3-5-1-1......sorry WC but that's hardly 'jumping between formations' it's more of a slight tweak to an existing one.

A slight tweak that I'd argue does very little to improve our overall performances, completely ignores the flaws elsewhere in the set-up and one that in actual fact robs us of that extra striker to stretch defences.

Agree with you on Barkas, seen nothing so far that points to him being good enough to be our No.1, in fact I think Bain may be the better keeper of the 2. My preferred choice of (rumoured) targets was Robin Olsen of Roma who looked the better option by a mile, think he ended up going to Everton on loan. Fucked up there me thinks!
TBF. We started the season against Hamilton, Killie, Reykjavik, Dundee utd , Ferencvaros and Mothwerwell 4-2-3-1 and splitting to a 4-3-3 during the games.
Against County - after signing Duffy - we went 3-4-1-2, then St Mirren and Livi 3-5-2.
Against Riga we played 4-2-3-1 and 3-5-2 in a hybrid, then back to 3-5-2 against Hibs and Sarajevo before going 3-4-1-2 aganst St Johnstone and back to a 3-5-2 today.
That's without splitting hairs as to when we played 3-5-1-1 which we did in practice on occasion, and I think was the original plan for today to strangle the midfield, except we lost some vital players. In fact i think the PSG friendly formation of 5-4-1 or (4-5-1)might have surfaced today ahead of some of our european games. I'd expect that against AC Milan based on what we practiced in France pre-season.
The worst jumping however has probably been the personnel.

TBF. We started the season against Hamilton, Killie, Reykjavik, Dundee utd , Ferencvaros and Mothwerwell 4-2-3-1 and splitting to a 4-3-3 during the games.
Against County - after signing Duffy - we went 3-4-1-2, then St Mirren and Livi 3-5-2.
Against Riga we played 4-2-3-1 and 3-5-2 in a hybrid, then back to 3-5-2 against Hibs and Sarajevo before going 3-4-1-2 aganst St Johnstone and back to a 3-5-2 today.
That's without splitting hairs as to when we played 3-5-1-1 which we did in practice on occasion, and I think was the original plan for today to strangle the midfield, except we lost some vital players. In fact i think the PSG friendly formation of 5-4-1 or (4-5-1)might have surfaced today ahead of some of our european games. I'd expect that against AC Milan based on what we practiced in France pre-season.
The worst jumping however has probably been the personnel.

Well I must've just been imagining us playing 3 at the back with Frimpong and Taylor playing as WB's for most of the season then!

Big games calls upon Big players and all of ours at the moment have gone on the missing list. I can accept a poor preformance but on this scale? No I can't. A Celtic team without passion, I thought I would never ever say that
John no unfortunately I think ye need a good core of Celtic men in the team to realise what is at stake when ye pull on the hooped shirt. I think some times these young foreign lads need time to realise what's expected of them.
Anyhow im disillusioned after that today
t'is hard to know how to rectify it.
Hopefully a home win to AC will do the trick. After all Shamrock Rovers gave them a game.

Members online

Latest posts

Back