Celtic v theRangers - Saturday 17 October, kick-off 12.30pm, all comments here

Waited 5 hours before posting in order to not go with my knee jerk reaction.
The effect of 7 players missing cannot be understated but that doesn't excuse a gutless, pathetic performance that we were served up. Gerrard, or more accurately Beale, has our number. They have outplayed us three games in a row, they are a well organised, disciplined team who have players who can cause problems on the break. The most worrying thing is they now play the same way every game against us and our manager has failed to work out how to better their system three games in a row over the last 10 months. I thought the first half was pretty even with poor defending, and goalkeeping, at a set piece the difference. Tactically, well we don't seem to have any tactics or gameplan in these games anymore, we handed them the ascendancy by emptying the midfield. It seems to be how we now play, Brown just in front of the back three, the other two midfielders out wide behind the wing backs and a huge gap where the midfield should be in possession and dominating. Brown, McGregor, Ntcham doesn't work, we've seen that over the last couple of years so why persevere with them as a three. Ntcham was as bad a performance against them by a Celtic player as I've seen for a long time. Someone who looks like he doesn't want to be there and not even trying to hide it.
We have a good defender in Duffy who isn't very good in a back three, why did we sign him to play in a position he hasn't played in his career?
My knee jerk reaction was we won't win the league with Lennon this season, and still trying to find reasons to argue with myself. He was given what he wanted in the transfer window, we added first choice players and kept everyone we wanted to keep. This one isn't down to the board, although sticking with him will be.

John no unfortunately I think ye need a good core of Celtic men in the team to realise what is at stake when ye pull on the hooped shirt. I think some times these young foreign lads need time to realise what's expected of them.
Anyhow im disillusioned after that today
t'is hard to know how to rectify it.
Hopefully a home win to AC will do the trick. After all Shamrock Rovers gave them a game.
Couldn’t agree more about these young foreign lads. Don’t think they understand the importance of a game like this and what the fans expect. The shirts may not shrink to fit inferior players but unfortunately some of the players wearing those shirts are inferior and shouldn’t be shaming the hoops by wearing it. Where is the pride in pulling on that shirt and representing your team, there was none on display the day. Lucky it was played behind closed doors, I’d have left ma scarf on the pitch and booed them off and I don’t think I’d have been alone and it hurts me to say it

Waited 5 hours before posting in order to not go with my knee jerk reaction.
The effect of 7 players missing cannot be understated but that doesn't excuse a gutless, pathetic performance that we were served up. Gerrard, or more accurately Beale, has our number. They have outplayed us three games in a row, they are a well organised, disciplined team who have players who can cause problems on the break. The most worrying thing is they now play the same way every game against us and our manager has failed to work out how to better their system three games in a row over the last 10 months. I thought the first half was pretty even with poor defending, and goalkeeping, at a set piece the difference. Tactically, well we don't seem to have any tactics or gameplan in these games anymore, we handed them the ascendancy by emptying the midfield. It seems to be how we now play, Brown just in front of the back three, the other two midfielders out wide behind the wing backs and a huge gap where the midfield should be in possession and dominating. Brown, McGregor, Ntcham doesn't work, we've seen that over the last couple of years so why persevere with them as a three. Ntcham was as bad a performance against them by a Celtic player as I've seen for a long time. Someone who looks like he doesn't want to be there and not even trying to hide it.
We have a good defender in Duffy who isn't very good in a back three, why did we sign him to play in a position he hasn't played in his career?
My knee jerk reaction was we won't win the league with Lennon this season, and still trying to find reasons to argue with myself. He was given what he wanted in the transfer window, we added first choice players and kept everyone we wanted to keep. This one isn't down to the board, although sticking with him will be.
I thought Duffy looked like a big doo the day,how many times did he go long but never found a man?Ive gave Jullien a bit of stick but he wouldve been a far better option today .

What annoyed me most about today was that,despite us having better players , you could see the confidence oozing from them. Even limited players like tavernier looked confident breaking and crossing.
If you look at our midfield , they are nowhere near strong enough to dominate that mob. Too slow and not bullying enough . McGregor,makes the midfield tick but is not forceful enough to pressure and physically destroy this mob. Brown is the only strong midfielder but he is past his best. Are Soro and Turnbull better ? Don't know . Lenny wont start them

Couldn’t agree more about these young foreign lads. Don’t think they understand the importance of a game like this and what the fans expect. The shirts may not shrink to fit inferior players but unfortunately some of the players wearing those shirts are inferior and shouldn’t be shaming the hoops by wearing it. Where is the pride in pulling on that shirt and representing your team, there was none on display the day. Lucky it was played behind closed doors, I’d have left ma scarf on the pitch and booed them off and I don’t think I’d have been alone and it hurts me to say it
👏 👏👏👏

No talking about efter he left Celtic no interest of mine henrik eon a champions league efter he left Celtic couldnae give a fuck I’m a celtic supporter nae cunt else
I was simply replying to someone else's comment about O'Neill, but you failed to notice that. But at least we've got something in common, you couldn't give a fuck about what I said and I couldn't give two fucks about what you said. In fact I couldn't give a fuck about anything you say simply because you would need a degree in Egyptian hieroglyphics to decipher it.

Ah mind back in the day, ah knew a guy,that knew a thing or two aboot a thing or two,he said yeez are gonnae play scumco on the 17th of October 2020,in an empty stadium and yeez are gonnae win 3-1, a masonic prick will gie the scum a penalty, but yer namesake will score and so will Griff and Eddy,so ah said tae him, thanks Nostrodamus,who's round is it? yours he said,that guy knows stuff! 🍺 🥳
The thing about this tale is, we believe M D really had drinks with the guy

A positive, if a small one, was Laxalt who at least looked as if he cared in the second half when the rest had chucked it.
just wait till he told to abandon the left and play inside right along with another 6 players

Lenny you looking to strengthen team in January

Aye looking a bit weak up front so im gonna sign a few left backs who can play as attacking mid or the right

that way we can be first celtic team to have 11 inside rights all playing inside right waiting for someone to pass ball to them.

:p:p:p:p:p:p

I thought Duffy looked like a big doo the day,how many times did he go long but never found a man?Ive gave Jullien a bit of stick but he wouldve been a far better option today .
In Duffy's defence thats his fourth full game in 10 days with an extra time thrown in. He will play better no doubt but instead of being on the front foot in today's game we where mostly on the back foot. He will be a valuable asset this season but its a team game and the team where all at sea today.

I was simply replying to someone else's comment about O'Neill, but you failed to notice that. But at least we've got something in common, you couldn't give a fuck about what I said and I couldn't give two fucks about what you said. In fact I couldn't give a fuck about anything you say simply because you would need a degree in Egyptian hieroglyphics to decipher it.
Do we have have a raise on two fucks ?
3 fucks anyone ??
HH Bhoys, a sore one today, but at least we're not Huns

Do we have have a raise on two fucks ?
3 fucks anyone ??
HH Bhoys, a sore one today, but at least we're not Huns
Reminds me of playin a match years ago d. Under twelve I think. One lad on our team was fuckin and blinding so the ref stopped the game and said " Ive never heard as much bad language out of one persons mouth in all my life, never mind a twelve year old. Now that's the last of it I want to hear. Anymore and you're off".
The lad replied "I know ref, but sure for fuck sake".
Ref burst out laughin.

For all the negatives that I and all are rightly hammering out I'd just like to point out that we will be back of that theres no question so let the scum have their minute cos its all they're getting I could go into many things that I thought wrong today but I wont, take it on the chin and we'll be back with a fkn vengeance nothings won or lost in October but it's very disappointing but we are the kings of the comeback and we will win 10iar and 1 game cant change that HH

Reminds me of playin a match years ago d. Under twelve I think. One lad on our team was fuckin and blinding so the ref stopped the game and said " Ive never heard as much bad language out of one persons mouth in all my life, never mind a twelve year old. Now that's the last of it I want to hear. Anymore and you're off".
The lad replied "I know ref, but sure for fuck sake".
Ref burst out laughin.
Not sure if it was Kevin Keegan that had a conversation with the ref when he was playing
Keegan: "Hey ref, if I called you a fucking idiot, would you send me off ?"
Ref: "Without hesitation"
Keegan: "If I thought you were a fucking idiot, would you send me off ?"
Ref: "I have no control over your thoughts, so no"
Keegan: "Well, I think you're a fucking idiot"
HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back