Celtic v theRangers - Saturday 17 October, kick-off 12.30pm, all comments here

Take it easy SP. When you're back to normal this has all been a nightmare. 😱
Ally, I'm still waiting for that 'Bobby Ewing' moment when he walks oot the shower and the last year was a dream sequence!

I'm still waiting for that 'Bobby Ewing' moment when I get to play fingery-tig wie Victoria Principle as well, although the only Pam I'm likely to make contact with is one with five fingers attached!

If I can try to explain where I’m coming from like this...

There’s a significant difference between our Support and the Hun Support, especially right now.

They will follow anyone that tells them what they want to hear. That won’t work with the Celtic Support. We are far too objective and aware in my view.

We have had to fight for anything we have. They reek of entitlement and an abhorrent sense of superiority. Mannerisms that are foreign and repugnant to most of us.

I make the above points as a way of explaining why I believe taking our Support for granted, by not properly addressing issues on and off the park that quite obviously need attention, will result in an extremely disgruntled and angry Support.

That will most definitely imo have an adverse affect on our Club in a variety of ways, which would include the emotional, the financial, and the commercial, et al.

I fear a perfect storm may be brewing.

Mistakes are being made across the board (no pun intended)

Our tactics and strategies on and off the park are wrong in important areas imo and need immediate attention.

We are now being consistently out thought and out played on the park by them. This cannot be allowed to continue and has to be addressed.

Our Board recently made a public statement at our AGM that it wasn’t in the best interests of the company to pursue Res 12. In spite of clear evidence to support that there has been corruption and fraud committed which has financially impacted and disadvantaged our Club to the tune of many millions of pounds. This is unconscionable.

It would appear the Club’s business plan is to be as risk averse as possible. This to ensure that regular dividends are paid to those who are in possession of preferential shares, and to ensure KPI’s are met, which in turn is obviously to the advantage of those who’s bonuses are dependent on said KPI’s being met.

There’s a conflict of interest at play between Peter Lawwell’s bonus system and how the football side is run. This has to be addressed and changed imo as it’s not working in the best interests of the team on the park, for obvious reasons.

This policy has to be re-evaluated and modified to include ways and means of addressing and fixing the obvious flaws in the current policy and seriously look at how our recruitment and forward strategic planning can be done much better than it currently is.

A long answer to what you were asking pal.

I’ve just highlighted where I was coming from and some of the reasons I think we are heading for stormy waters if we don’t change course and do it soon.

The Celtic Support are no mugs. Take them for granted and treat them with indifference or insignificance and they will react accordingly. Things need to change and be seen to have changed for the better sometime soon.

Failure of those concerned to react positively and soon, to the Support’s genuine concerns for the Club they love will see the bottom line take a dramatic hit. That I am convinced of....and that is where the real power ultimately lies.

I truly hope it doesn’t come to this...
As the Green Brigade put it,"Don't fall asleep at the wheel". Well at the moment we are driverless as Lenny doesn't seem to know the right direction to go. Change is absolutely vital.

There is also the fact we had to use 5 subs. If ever a clearer indication that Lenny picked the wrong team, its right there front and centre. The slow, useless play from midfield playingBroony and Ntcham together ws a car crash that everybody but Lenny seemed to forsee. He needs to catch up with the reality and stop being forgiving of players because of who they are, rather than how they are playing. The only good thing about yesterday, is that it has to be clear,even to Deny that its not working. A new combination midfield, using Tunrbull and Soro much more is now beyond doubt. I still firmly believe if he gets selection right and has a tactic other than hoping then we will still win it. However, that is not an odds on outcome because he has refused to see how bad we re playing, preferring to big us up when we have been dire. Slippy totally stifled his plan and in the middle there wasnt a cunt who changed the dynamic by beating a player and making a forward pass. I hate it when any manager of ours keeps going with selections and formations that don't work. Lenny looks totally rattled and he should, but, he has it within his power tomato the changes. Milan in midweek is as good a place s ny to make these changes. If we don't then another home handing of our arses is a cert.

Don't rate Christie, I think he plays for himself rather than the team, but we missed his drive and energy, and who wouldn't miss possibly our best defender Jullian, then Eddie even if we just put him on the bench that might have spooked the huns, so there you have it the spine of the team missing, no team would win withe players like that missing but I would expect is the ones to come in to perform better, it was, like a role reversal to the snakes teams against the huns, also am I the only one who maybe thinks bain is better than barkas?, he doesent come. for crosses and a don't think the team have confidence in him, I know he in a new country and all that, Ntcham offers nothing to the team going forward or defending, if we got offered 6 million I would sell him in a heart. beat, I see him in the team sheet and I despair, just like when ambrose kept getting picked all the fans new he was hopeless but when you see guys like this playing it breaks my heart, soon as I seen the team with brown Ntcham and mcgregor, my heart just sank

There is also the fact we had to use 5 subs. If ever a clearer indication that Lenny picked the wrong team, its right there front and centre. The slow, useless play from midfield playingBroony and Ntcham together ws a car crash that everybody but Lenny seemed to forsee. He needs to catch up with the reality and stop being forgiving of players because of who they are, rather than how they are playing. The only good thing about yesterday, is that it has to be clear,even to Deny that its not working. A new combination midfield, using Tunrbull and Soro much more is now beyond doubt. I still firmly believe if he gets selection right and has a tactic other than hoping then we will still win it. However, that is not an odds on outcome because he has refused to see how bad we re playing, preferring to big us up when we have been dire. Slippy totally stifled his plan and in the middle there wasnt a cunt who changed the dynamic by beating a player and making a forward pass. I hate it when any manager of ours keeps going with selections and formations that don't work. Lenny looks totally rattled and he should, but, he has it within his power tomato the changes. Milan in midweek is as good a place s ny to make these changes. If we don't then another home handing of our arses is a cert.
Yes the biggest worry is NL seems oblivious to our lack of form. He has played too many players in positions that don't suit that I am sure that now nobody knows who is off form, lacking in confidence or suffering from playing with a new partner or in a different system. We have been all over the place and I would say he has a maximum of 6 weeks to sort it out.

Yes the biggest worry is NL seems oblivious to our lack of form. He has played too many players in positions that don't suit that I am sure that now nobody knows who is off form, lacking in confidence or suffering from playing with a new partner or in a different system. We have been all over the place and I would say he has a maximum of 6 weeks to sort it out.
He has one week, if we play like that it wont be just sevco who make us look like a pub team.

Just on Barkas.

Slow to react at the first goal and poor to get two hands over it and still let it in, but there were at least six Celtic players in the box at the second and Goldson still got two bites.

The first goal was a joke from beginning to end. Ely plays a hospital pass. Ajer gets sucked in (again). Duffy doesn't manage the line and is nowhere near their main threat. Ely was picking up Goldson. Three central defenders and we leave it to a forward to pick him up.

Barkas is a symptom, not the cause. The defence don't play as a unit and they only have to look at the dumplings at the other end of the pitch to see what a bit of structure and organisation gets you.

Scott Bain might have done better with the first goal, but he still wouldn't be able to do anything with that defence yesterday. Big Shane was on his arse in the first minute and doesn't read danger, he reacts to it. He got done twice yesterday by not seeing the initial threat. Outcome - two preventable goals.

Just on Barkas.

Slow to react at the first goal and poor to get two hands over it and still let it in, but there were at least six Celtic players in the box at the second and Goldson still got two bites.

The first goal was a joke from beginning to end. Ely plays a hospital pass. Ajer gets sucked in (again). Duffy doesn't manage the line and is nowhere near their main threat. Ely was picking up Goldson. Three central defenders and we leave it to a forward to pick him up.

Barkas is a symptom, not the cause. The defence don't play as a unit and they only have to look at the dumplings at the other end of the pitch to see what a bit of structure and organisation gets you.

Scott Bain might have done better with the first goal, but he still wouldn't be able to do anything with that defence yesterday. Big Shane was on his arse in the first minute and doesn't read danger, he reacts to it. He got done twice yesterday by not seeing the initial threat. Outcome - two preventable goals.
Unfortunately Big Shane is starting to show that being about sixth pick at Brighton was realistic.

If I can try to explain where I’m coming from like this...

There’s a significant difference between our Support and the Hun Support, especially right now.

They will follow anyone that tells them what they want to hear. That won’t work with the Celtic Support. We are far too objective and aware in my view.

We have had to fight for anything we have. They reek of entitlement and an abhorrent sense of superiority. Mannerisms that are foreign and repugnant to most of us.

I make the above points as a way of explaining why I believe taking our Support for granted, by not properly addressing issues on and off the park that quite obviously need attention, will result in an extremely disgruntled and angry Support.

That will most definitely imo have an adverse affect on our Club in a variety of ways, which would include the emotional, the financial, and the commercial, et al.

I fear a perfect storm may be brewing.

Mistakes are being made across the board (no pun intended)

Our tactics and strategies on and off the park are wrong in important areas imo and need immediate attention.

We are now being consistently out thought and out played on the park by them. This cannot be allowed to continue and has to be addressed.

Our Board recently made a public statement at our AGM that it wasn’t in the best interests of the company to pursue Res 12. In spite of clear evidence to support that there has been corruption and fraud committed which has financially impacted and disadvantaged our Club to the tune of many millions of pounds. This is unconscionable.

It would appear the Club’s business plan is to be as risk averse as possible. This to ensure that regular dividends are paid to those who are in possession of preferential shares, and to ensure KPI’s are met, which in turn is obviously to the advantage of those who’s bonuses are dependent on said KPI’s being met.

There’s a conflict of interest at play between Peter Lawwell’s bonus system and how the football side is run. This has to be addressed and changed imo as it’s not working in the best interests of the team on the park, for obvious reasons.

This policy has to be re-evaluated and modified to include ways and means of addressing and fixing the obvious flaws in the current policy and seriously look at how our recruitment and forward strategic planning can be done much better than it currently is.

A long answer to what you were asking pal.

I’ve just highlighted where I was coming from and some of the reasons I think we are heading for stormy waters if we don’t change course and do it soon.

The Celtic Support are no mugs. Take them for granted and treat them with indifference or insignificance and they will react accordingly. Things need to change and be seen to have changed for the better sometime soon.

Failure of those concerned to react positively and soon, to the Support’s genuine concerns for the Club they love will see the bottom line take a dramatic hit. That I am convinced of....and that is where the real power ultimately lies.

I truly hope it doesn’t come to this...
You are so right we are not a football club any more we are being run as a business.Fans should be the first priority.And you are also right the Res 12 is an open sore and it is not going to go away so it needs dealt with or it will fester on until it explodes.
The fans dont ask much from this board just give us a decent team on the pitch and deal with the supports concerns. Not much to ask for receiving over £3,000,000 PER YEAR Peter.

Ntchams a shitebag yesterday should have proved it to lennon once and for all to all the doubters he's a first class shite bag , all season we've known it yet he's still on the team , we should have dumped this chancer along time ago

like most supporters i'm more angry at the total capitulation than i am of the defeat

Ntchams a shitebag yesterday should have proved it to lennon once and for all to all the doubters he's a first class shite bag , all season we've known it yet he's still on the team , we should have dumped this chancer along time ago

like most supporters i'm more angry at the total capitulation than i am of the defeat
You're right. The capitulation is the thing that takes away some hope that there will be a fight back in the next game. After all, when we went behind, there wasn't even a fight back in the next half.

Also, when the going gets tough, Ntcham doesn't get going.

Just on Barkas.

Elys hospital pass was caused by ajer launching a pass to him he had no chance of controling , barkas is pish

everything else :unsure: you may be right on

You are so right we are not a football club any more we are being run as a business.Fans should be the first priority.And you are also right the Res 12 is an open sore and it is not going to go away so it needs dealt with or it will fester on until it explodes.
The fans dont ask much from this board just give us a decent team on the pitch and deal with the supports concerns. Not much to ask for receiving over £3,000,000 PER YEAR Peter.
There does have to be a balance, DB.

If this pandemic has shown us anything, then it's shown us the importance of cutting your cloth accordingly.

Serious questions remain about how much value we get for PL's salary. I'm sure the accounts look good, but could another qualified person have balanced the books at a fraction of the cost.

Celtic have also bled money on poor signings and high salaries. Our auditors tend to overlook those losses in Champions League years or when we sell an asset, but they are still a cause for concern.

You're right. The capitulation is the thing that takes away some hope that there will be a fight back in the next game. After all, when we went behind, there wasn't even a fight back in the next half.

Also, when the going gets tough, Ntcham doesn't get going.
That was it they fought for nothing ,no urgency in there play it was like watching 11 strangers having a kick about

Hmm- I have not seen enough this season to know for sure but in what I have seen there seems to be a loss/lack of crucial partnerships. By that I mean no one seems to know where their go to, get out or attacking pass should go so we look ponderous on the ball. There are players who are new to the team and we have to hope they start showing us why we brought them but there are also enough there to know the importance of this season and have yet to show their mettle. I am not panicking yet and we all the title is a long haul but apart from our opening match and the game against hibs I have heard very few really positive reports on our form other than we got a result playing poor. Solutions are required and whatever it takes must be done.
I still strongly believe that we will get it together and having half our starting XI out was a big part in the disjointed display but they beat us last year and finished 13pts behind , I do not think they will implode like that again but the slog of our season will take its toll and that's when I believe we will excell HH

That was it they fought for nothing ,no urgency in there play it was like watching 11 strangers having a kick about

I posted simile on the St Johnstone thread a while back
There seems to be two Celtics of late
The 11 who turn up as a unit all know what they are doing and can take anyone one and win.
Then there's the 11 who've just met on the bus and are out for a kickabout.
Nobody seems to know what the next guy is supposed to be doing so they just pass it sideways.

That was the team yesterday looking at the stats we had the majority of possession ands passes.
Looking at the match you'd have to wonder where and how.

Some people get over results like this easier than others unfortunately for me I am one of the others I will suffer like a lot of us on here not any worse just a bit longer.
The minute they scored yesterday I turned the tv on to the Everton game I had the gut feeling our game was going to end bad for us and I did not want to see us being destroyed as I have been told is what happened..
This is not about how I feel or how any others feel,it is about Neil Lennon and how he feels.
He has his supporters and his critics yesterday,s result will not have helped his critics of which I am one.. since the day Lawwell told him the job was his..
When I look at Neil I see a man who has a lot on his mind,he wants to please too many people but no matter how hard he tries it is not happening for him,he told us when he left the Celtic managers job in I think 2013 to go to Bolton he thought he had taken Celtic as far as he could, maybe October 2020 would be a good time to repeat the same statement for both his club and his health..
We all know this was a cheap appointment on Lawwells behalf,he knew if he sweated Lenny out for a couple of weeks he would dive at any offer he would make to him.
like everybody else on this forum I have no problem with Lenny being a manager I just dont think he has the knowledge and capability to be Glasgow Celtic Manager.. that has been very obvious when we try to progress in Europe,we come up against weaker opposition who have better tactics and we know how it panned out,this is not good enough for Glasgow Celtic and defintely not good enough for our supporters..our supporters need and deserve a coach who has the knowledge and capability to take us that step further in Europe and maybe somebody who can attract players to Parkhead just by hearing his name,,right now this is not happening and if we remain status quo it wont happen anytime soon..

HH.

When asked about the leaked team Neil Lennon is quoted as saying "somebody within the club is doing us in" Sorry Neil but your team selection and tactics are doing us in.
Buck had a tendency to name the team a day before the game. I used to think that was genius, as it threw down the gauntlet.

It didn't matter about our personnel yesterday, slippy knew the likely formation and he was right. Whoever the bodies in the jerseys were didn't make much difference as it wouldn't change the fundamental problems in our approach to games. Too slow, too mechanical, too predictable.

They won't play an easier 90 minutes than they had yesterday. They didn't even go overboard with the celebrations because they expected to win.

How damning is that?

Members online

Latest posts

Back