Celtic v Uefa Next Tuesday Afternoon!

Brimcbhoy

So, Ive just read the reason for this crazy time is because of the COP26 thing happening in Glasgow next week. It still seems mental to me, a lot of people will be at work on a Tues afternoon so I expect a low attendance. This will cost the club money. Surely a better date or time could have been found?

Edit.. Its not till the end of the month (Cop26) so I'm even more puzzled?

Last edited:
So, Ive just read the reason for this crazy time is because of the COP26 thing happening in Glasgow next week. It still seems mental to me, a lot of people will be at work on a Tues afternoon so I expect a low attendance. This will cost the club money. Surely a better date or time could have been found?

☝️Not UEFA's call Brimcbhoy...it's Police Scotland, stewarding companies and other match day service providers who have requested the game be moved.

Strange, Cop26 starts on the 31st.
I thought the early kick off was to do with not clashing with champions league games

Its utterly ridiculous have the SFA or club not said anything about it? Celtic park on European nights is special and we need that atmosphere against a decent side 3.30 ko for a game in the group stages in the UK? Might as well play it the day before or it's a lose /lose for money, for the team for the atmosphere at one of Europe's biggest football stadiums. Ferencvaros will be laughing their arses aff though total own goal. Play the game the day before weve seen UEFA do this many times before this is one of those times, the ideas to make money from European competition? That needs bums on seats. 🤬

Think it’s because sevco play Bronby at 8pm Thursday at home so the only available time not to clash with champs leg fixtures was the Tuesday kick off time

Think it’s because sevco play Bronby at 8pm Thursday at home so the only available time not to clash with champs leg fixtures was the Tuesday kick off time
Weve had less turnaround times before be it European or international games. Theres no reason for the 3.30 ko it can ko later in the day this Is bs of the highest order.

We were originally meant to be playing Ferencvaros away next week (Thursday) and at home a fortnight later (4th Nov). That would have clashed with COP26 and our wonderfully efficient Police Scotland cant handle that so no midweek games in Glasgow during the conference. UEFA switched the home and away games around so we now play Ferencvaros at home next week instead of away. Because the Zombies are already at home to Brondby next Thursday the police won't allow both teams to play at home on the same night so the game is moved to Tuesday. The reason its 3.30pm is because UEFA ban all other games on TV whilst CL ties are being played, so as there's two 5.45pm CL games scheduled for Tuesday we need to be finished before they start.

Everyone attending on Tuesday needs to provide proof of double vaccination if asked in order to be allowed in.

Back