Celtic v West Ham, Saturday 24th July, Celtic Park

I dont feel any of the things have said are contrary to anything ive said

My points are my opinion

And none of my points are contrary to anything you have added.

The tactics for any given game must reflect the best option for victory first and flair second

I have no doubts there are good players out there for cheap

But its not gonna be easy to find them and even harder to get them tied up with sky tv arbitray shite

i see blame the defence
i see blame the board
i see blame the goallie
i see blame the coaches

but imo

its all relatiuve to the aerbirary raising of lesser viewed teams to bolster certain leagues

and the bolstering means even if you have 5 year contracts

you have unhappy players if your bloicking them from multiplying their wages by 5 or more in their time constrained careers

i dont saty there is much you can do about it

but te fact remains

imo

its our shite archaic tactics hubris and sky hand outs to lesser clubs that is the reason club are failing

and no changing of goalie or short term fix with good signings will turn that tide if every season your 100M less than worst epl side and probably just as much down. eery season on every other big contract tv deal

the question was why are we failingf

and imo

its arbitrary funding by sky which detracts from our ability to attract players good enough to play our style

and if we play our style with less than capable players for that style they dont get better at it they just fail to win

its no lawqewll

its no kennedy

its no lennon

its no rodgers

its no ange

they all have little control over signings without the cash to pay the players we need

and giving them cash they want will kill club stone dead

it doesnt make club stronger

it kills it without the income needed to sustain it

and if you need to sell your players who are good enough coz you cant afford their wages then your gonna struggle to replace them with anything close exiting player

coz if he is and he accepts your lesser wage and produces then you have same issue next season until you dont replace him with good enough

and every season the gap in income grows arbitrareily

and every season we get a littleweaker

not the boards fault

not kennedys fault

its the arbitrary payments to lesser clubs that are destabilising the football outside elite leagues which are elite cause they are funded by sky

because they generate more fans

but because they get that huge income they can corner market and that monoploy kills the competition which is everyteam out of their network

we have benefited while the system was unsaturated and the funding was capable of being breached

but its not possible going forward with past model

unless you have trust fund and desquised remuneration and tax evading bourggeoius and elite loopholes

question why are we going backwards

and thats my opinion

sack board and kennedy and replace with whoever you like

unless they solve the sky riddle or find loopholes the next bunch will not be better option

just like the next setof players will likely not be good enough to compete in europe playing the style we play
A style of play can be determined by the role of the full back's, with the addition of forward play and defensive duties more than any other players nowadays.
We still operate with 2 who aren't particularly good at either atm.
Leaves us wide open for the counter attack, if given cheap ball away.
Still looking to use them in a manner to play very high up the pitch without any real quality, much the same as last season at times, leaving to much space for CB to cover.
Still believe going with the 3 footballing CB would be an easier and simpler solution.
The use of a wing back to be able to double up with the likes of kyogo and abada who we hope feel very comfortable in wide roles and can come into the central roles also.
Can't see Welsh as a CB still but could do a job right of a 3 still, and maybe an easier role for the younger player to adapt to, with less space to actually worry about defending and Soro offering a foil for the breaking midfielder.
Of course these are the decisions for Ange to make and maybe yesterday has given him plenty of food for thought.
Not a fan of full back's playing so high up, and cost us very badly last season, and still infuriates me when seeing nothing done to fix the issues.

So if these are good players till they pull on the hoops what's the problem? It must lie with the coaching? That's Kennedy and Gavipad's department.
I'm surprised AP has not brought his own man with him.
He's not allowed to. He has been told he has to work with the coaches at the club.
That's what an aussie agent said in an interview. The club then came out denied it.
The facts are plain to see. Kennedy and Strachan are still in coaching/ assistant manager roles.
What manager anywhere doesn't bring In his own assistant manager?

He's not allowed to. He has been told he has to work with the coaches at the club.
That's what an aussie agent said in an interview. The club then came out denied it.
The facts are plain to see. Kennedy and Strachan are still in coaching/ assistant manager roles.
What manager anywhere doesn't bring In his own assistant manager?
A windy gee Kennedy the hoopy hound joab

Where to begin? How have we sunk so low? Ok, I know it was a friendly. I know AP is finding his feet, but we were torn apart. We're miles away from being a team to face the season ahead.
Obviously we will have to wait and see how we play in competitive League football. We need experienced players but we are taking gambles on unknowns, if they work out, great, but it's a big IF.
Why are we not looking at any proven performers from other Scottish (or even English) clubs? Have we sacked all our scouts? Exotic names from Japan and Scandinavia are all well and good but will they settle in Scotland?
Shved, Bayo, Klimala, Ajeti, Barkas??? Have we learned nothing from these buys?
It's early days and there are some encouraging signs but my fear is is mainly the GK and defence. I just don't think we have the personnel to play the way AP wants them to play.
So spot on. We complain how difficult it is to get players but insist on throwing the net world wide (during an international health crisis) when all we desperately need right now are some solid experienced players to start the league campaign with. How arrogant are we to not not even consider Scottish players or guys already performing in our league. " Not Celtic class" is what we hear when I mention people like Siegrist, Rooney, Doig, O'Donnell, Kerr, McCart, Mcann, Ferguson, Nisbet, Shankland, JET etc - would you not like some of those, having been bedded into our team about a month ago, fit and ready to play on Wednesday - and at Tynecastle next week ? The list Brimbbhoy gives above is so sobering. Like it or not (and we don't obvs) , the Rangers improved with some very run of the mill buys into their squad - Davis, Arfield, Kamara, Goldson, Defoe, Jack etc - just solid pros mostly with UK experience - and good coaching and a system. I hope we are not too blinded by our deep dislike of that club and all its stands for not to recognise a successful model on the park at least - and see if there is anything similar we might do.
"Dream Team " for Weds - Siegrist, O Donnell, Welsh, Kerr Doig, Ferguson, Turnbull, McGregor Abada, Nisbet, Edouard. Subs : Soro, Forrest Bain, Shankland, McCann, Murray, Taylor, Montgomery, :)

So spot on. We complain how difficult it is to get players but insist on throwing the net world wide (during an international health crisis) when all we desperately need right now are some solid experienced players to start the league campaign with. How arrogant are we to not not even consider Scottish players or guys already performing in our league. " Not Celtic class" is what we hear when I mention people like Siegrist, Rooney, Doig, O'Donnell, Kerr, McCart, Mcann, Ferguson, Nisbet, Shankland, JET etc - would you not like some of those, having been bedded into our team about a month ago, fit and ready to play on Wednesday - and at Tynecastle next week ? The list Brimbbhoy gives above is so sobering. Like it or not (and we don't obvs) , the Rangers improved with some very run of the mill buys into their squad - Davis, Arfield, Kamara, Goldson, Defoe, Jack etc - just solid pros mostly with UK experience - and good coaching and a system. I hope we are not too blinded by our deep dislike of that club and all its stands for not to recognise a successful model on the park at least - and see if there is anything similar we might do.
"Dream Team " for Weds - Siegrist, O Donnell, Welsh, Kerr Doig, Ferguson, Turnbull, McGregor Abada, Nisbet, Edouard. Subs : Soro, Forrest Bain, Shankland, McCann, Murray, Taylor, Montgomery, :)
You are correct RE: the solid pro's who Sevco have recruited, however I think it's more a case of them wanting to play for SG rather than theRangers. This was to be expected of course but he has Beale who does most of the coaching i'm led to believe.
I'm still puzzled where they get the money to pay them though.

Are you off your nut.
Siegrist is as good as Bain
ODonnell is poor
Kerr, just really lol
Doig is good and will only get better.
Ferguson is an alright player but I would play soro before him.
I would take Nisbet.

What we need to do is identify the players we want, ask the club what their price is and FUCKING pay it.
None of this what's your price and then putting an offer in well below it

A style of play can be determined by the role of the full back's, with the addition of forward play and defensive duties more than any other players nowadays.
We still operate with 2 who aren't particularly good at either atm.
Leaves us wide open for the counter attack, if given cheap ball away.
Still looking to use them in a manner to play very high up the pitch without any real quality, much the same as last season at times, leaving to much space for CB to cover.
Still believe going with the 3 footballing CB would be an easier and simpler solution.
The use of a wing back to be able to double up with the likes of kyogo and abada who we hope feel very comfortable in wide roles and can come into the central roles also.
Can't see Welsh as a CB still but could do a job right of a 3 still, and maybe an easier role for the younger player to adapt to, with less space to actually worry about defending and Soro offering a foil for the breaking midfielder.
Of course these are the decisions for Ange to make and maybe yesterday has given him plenty of food for thought.
Not a fan of full back's playing so high up, and cost us very badly last season, and still infuriates me when seeing nothing done to fix the issues.
its not the fullbacks thats the problem

its the midfield are not supporting the defence properly

the spread between our defenders is massive even under press and thery been told to find low ball out but have nooptions to midfield so they pass risky between each other hoping the centre mids pull low and give better options but they dont

problem is not defence per say

although they are pretty weakj defenders especially asked to play fast low tikka takka system

a number 10 who is suppose to be the link between defence and midfield then the link between the midfield and attack with short sharp inter tika taka passes coming from deep defence right into their box with short sharp passing all the way

we have long ball gaps between defence and nearest friendly player

so they get unconfortable on press and often make rash pass usually from full back to cb or cb to fb

simply because cm is posted missing

some teams cant play number 10 so have anchor instead

but if you play 10 or anchor system you still need 2 cms to support the build up at all stages of play

we playt with 2 number 10s who dont do any support role so really are deep strikers

we sometimes play with 1 cm who doesnt support the defence very well

and effectively the back 4 are being asked to play defence and midfield

with 40 yard gap between defence and attack

which is long ball tactics

but we try long ball tactics with low ball passing through hard press which is suicide

our wingers cant really defence

so our defence need to be ball winners and ball passers which usually costs 50 million each and 200k wages for a fully matured ballwinning head strong cool as cucumber ball passing centre back

and similar prices for a cool cucumber highly proficient full back who has dynamic ability and long short range accuracy in delivery and steel tackles

you cant ask we boys to learn that without having that already at your club

and that style of football mightbe ambitious but if you dont have the right players your commiting self harm

and you make it less and less likely any defender gonna sign up to being blamed for midfield lack of support

its opur midfield who cant win ball back or cover the channels properly

its cm thats most dysfunctional

but the defence are not very good either so the lack of support exposes them even worse

Are you off your nut.
Siegrist is as good as Bain
ODonnell is poor
Kerr, just really lol
Doig is good and will only get better.
Ferguson is an alright player but I would play soro before him.
I would take Nisbet.

What we need to do is identify the players we want, ask the club what their price is and FUCKING pay it.
None of this what's your price and then putting an offer in well below it
where are you getting your informtion from

where did celtic offer less than what they valued player

Yeah ange know what he needs and that the board to get the finger out and sign players
Seems we are looking for players in the max 5M category and prepared to sign a 5 year contract, and of the ability to handle CL group stages football next season.
Confident enough that the 3 we have bought so far will be up to the task, along with the 4 or 5 already here. Still a few more required and confident we will get them in the end.
Don't understand what all the panic is about, would we rather just sign shite that has been of no value to us whatsoever like the seasons gone past?

Members online

Latest posts

Back