Celtic v West Ham, Saturday 24th July, Celtic Park

Seems we are looking for players in the max 5M category and prepared to sign a 5 year contract, and of the ability to handle CL group stages football next season.
Confident enough that the 3 we have bought so far will be up to the task, along with the 4 or 5 already here. Still a few more required and confident we will get them in the end.
Don't understand what all the panic is about, would we rather just sign shite that has been of no value to us whatsoever like the seasons gone past?
were they shite though or just ion jthe weird system we play?

and if its our system will next signings also be shite at playiing it?

Are you off your nut.
Siegrist is as good as Bain
ODonnell is poor
Kerr, just really lol
Doig is good and will only get better.
Ferguson is an alright player but I would play soro before him.
I would take Nisbet.

What we need to do is identify the players we want, ask the club what their price is and FUCKING pay it.
None of this what's your price and then putting an offer in well below it
So Doig,
Clark,
Ferguson,
Nisbet.

There's your solid spine.

So far this year we're 3.44m up on transfers after the Ayer deal.
Get it fucking spent.

Yeah ange know what he needs and that the board to get the finger out and sign players

I'm pretty sure they are..it's still July...just unfortunate he's so late into the job and the qualifiers so early...once the window shuts, then we can properly scrutinize IMO.... Personally I'm quite calm about things...Europa League football and progression will do for me this year

its not the fullbacks thats the problem

its the midfield are not supporting the defence properly

the spread between our defenders is massive even under press and thery been told to find low ball out but have nooptions to midfield so they pass risky between each other hoping the centre mids pull low and give better options but they dont

problem is not defence per say

although they are pretty weakj defenders especially asked to play fast low tikka takka system

a number 10 who is suppose to be the link between defence and midfield then the link between the midfield and attack with short sharp inter tika taka passes coming from deep defence right into their box with short sharp passing all the way

we have long ball gaps between defence and nearest friendly player

so they get unconfortable on press and often make rash pass usually from full back to cb or cb to fb

simply because cm is posted missing

some teams cant play number 10 so have anchor instead

but if you play 10 or anchor system you still need 2 cms to support the build up at all stages of play

we playt with 2 number 10s who dont do any support role so really are deep strikers

we sometimes play with 1 cm who doesnt support the defence very well

and effectively the back 4 are being asked to play defence and midfield

with 40 yard gap between defence and attack

which is long ball tactics

but we try long ball tactics with low ball passing through hard press which is suicide

our wingers cant really defence

so our defence need to be ball winners and ball passers which usually costs 50 million each and 200k wages for a fully matured ballwinning head strong cool as cucumber ball passing centre back

and similar prices for a cool cucumber highly proficient full back who has dynamic ability and long short range accuracy in delivery and steel tackles

you cant ask we boys to learn that without having that already at your club

and that style of football mightbe ambitious but if you dont have the right players your commiting self harm

and you make it less and less likely any defender gonna sign up to being blamed for midfield lack of support

its opur midfield who cant win ball back or cover the channels properly

its cm thats most dysfunctional

but the defence are not very good either so the lack of support exposes them even worse
Might be reading a little to much into the tactical side of things TET.

I'm pretty sure they are..it's still July...just unfortunate he's so late into the job and the qualifiers so early...once the window shuts, then we can properly scrutinize IMO.... Personally I'm quite calm about things...Europa League football and progression will do for me this year
The league still has to be a priority Docco, and we haven't even kicked a ball in in yet

were they shite though or just ion jthe weird system we play?

and if its our system will next signings also be shite at playiing it?
Dont care what system we play but Barkas and Ajeti have shown that they aren't up to much if any.
Systems and rigid formation are very much a thing of the past nowadays.
Teams are looking to be more flexible and hold on to the ball in a much better fashion, more things we have been pretty shite at and the players bought in over the last few years haven't been up to that standard.

no we play terrible tactics then blame scapegoats

we have no ball winning plan

its just hope the wee boys and barkas dont fold

oh no they folded again

they are pish
There is no longer the big tackles allowed in the game as the red card is branded to easy.
So the tend is to force the misplaced pass by closing down quickly and having the strength to knock them off the ball, but even that usually ends up in a free kick against you.
Our full back's are guilty of allowing crosses to get into our box to easily, an area we are hardly great in, so if they go tighter then they get done on the outside due to the lack of pace with them.

Dont care what system we play but Barkas and Ajeti have shown that they aren't up to much if any.
Systems and rigid formation are very much a thing of the past nowadays.
Teams are looking to be more flexible and hold on to the ball in a much better fashion, more things we have been pretty shite at and the players bought in over the last few years haven't been up to that standard.
our system is the most turgid rigid system of them all

it has no fluidity

our players arent capable of playing anytwhere on the park

our players arent even the best in their prefered roles on european level

i fully agree you need a fluid adaptable style

wqe dont though and thats the problem

we play 2 centre backs usually immature with no mature learning leader amongst them

we play full backs and ask them to be wbs which they arent very good at

we play 1 cm mid regularly and he gets no support from his 2 attacking cms and in turn doesnt support the 2 inexperienced defenders behind him

the 2 acm are usually anywhere but midfield and seldom link anything

the centre forward just stands still waiting for ball to feet never running into space

the wingers/inside forwards seldom get ball because the system behind them is dysfunctional

ajeti doesnt get that many games but scores in decent proportion of his gae time- no sure why he hated so much

give him ball to feet like eddy and he will hit target quite well

i bet your lifehibs would have him instead of nesbit if they could swap their wages

There is no longer the big tackles allowed in the game as the red card is branded to easy.
So the tend is to force the misplaced pass by closing down quickly and having the strength to knock them off the ball, but even that usually ends up in a free kick against you.
Our full back's are guilty of allowing crosses to get into our box to easily, an area we are hardly great in, so if they go tighter then they get done on the outside due to the lack of pace with them.
i didnt mention tackles im talking winning ball

which requires a pressing and organised closing down space system

we open up like butterand wait for wee boys to win ball then pass ball 40 yards along ground to feet and avoid all the opposition while the mids stand static waiting for ball to feet so they can control it then pass to another static dude who waiting like a subbuteo formation

we open up like butterand wait for wee boys to win ball then pass ball 40 yards along ground to feet and avoid all the opposition while the mids stand static waiting for ball to feet so they can control it then pass to another static dude who waiting like a subbuteo formation
So is this NL's, JK's or Anges style of play? I doubt it's Ange's, he's barely in the door.

Give it a chance to work, just going upon one game when in the middle of a European tie is hardly a basis to draw a conclusion

It’s all getting a bit much for some it seems
I’d be worried if we had starfelt and Julian as centre half’s yesterday and got beat 6-2
We didn’t
We had to expose a lad in Murray who ange has converted to a centre half and has played 1 game in that position
Welsh ain’t a world beater but he’s decent and young.
Was better than most last year
but Neither will be in starting 11
The manager up to 1st leg stated he had 1 training session with some of the players
That’s the internationals who were late back
So tactics were being taught to the kids who won’t play all season
Now we have Sign this one and that one FFS
I’d rather we just took our time and got it right and the manager got the players he wants.
not those nominated by that scouting shambles of previous seasons
I want us to win the champions league and the treble but I’m a realist
Panic buying now would be a fecking disaster fir the club going forward, the last thing we need
Anything we get out of Europe is a bonus
Beat middenland and psv will likely tear us a new one. Europa league group will do me for a season.
The board are a shambles, we know that, just need to take few deep breaths and let the new guys get as much as they can out of the next 6 weeks.

The league still has to be a priority Docco, and we haven't even kicked a ball in in yet

Of course it is but it will be a difficult ask in this year of transition...I just want to see us moving in the right direction and playing football that gets us all excited about watching Celtic again...if we do progress then leagues will follow as will another period of dominance

Give it a chance to work, just going upon one game when in the middle of a European tie is hardly a basis to draw a conclusion
again i havent suggested we do anything other than get bbetter organised

i dont slate our players or our coaches or our board

i have patience with team and club plan

i advocate patience and value added

Members online

No members online now.

Back