Celtic v West Ham, Saturday 24th July, Celtic Park

Why the fuck are supporters clapping that shite at the end. It’s cringeworthy. The board sitting there doing fuck all and getting off Scot free……
tactics are poor

What exactly do you think the board can do better?

Do you understand the problem is wages?

if you dont then have to ask why you dont understand that problem?

If you do understand then your booing the board wont make a blind bit of difference

Sky give west ham over 100 million each year

there players are on approx 60k each

some are 100k

they can afford that through sky

No board can make up the 100 million shortfall that sky have decided west ham deserve more than celtic

The only way you can fix that defence is tactics and better players

Ange tactics dont look good to me

going forward not so bad

winning ball back and holding shape

terrible

still got 30 to yards yards between our defenders most of game and most alamingly even when we are passing ball between defenders with pressing forwards closing out the huge hole.

No real attempt been made to fix defence

not through players but worse tactically inept defensive awareness and totally rash decision making

its. just so friggin easy to cut through our tactics

might score occassionally but feck its a game for both ends

To any wee Tims going to their first game today. My first was a 5-1 scudding off Arsenal at home pre-season, scarves on the touchline - still have one. Keep the faith.
Cesar won us the double that season... if you are however a young lad with access to Celtic Wiki ignore everything past Joe miller's '89 cup winner. Press fast forward til the wee Dutch guy with the perm gets the gig. Ta. 🍀

You've also got to mind that West Ham were in the top 6 in EPL for a good while......
even more reason to worry about the tactics employed against a styronger side than us both on paper and clearly on the pitch

passing between them was crisp clean and with purpose

toying positionally then exposing the errors

i think today worries me much more than i expected

started off looking no bad but couldnt keep up the press and the gaps between players grew and our passing got worse and just panic stations

and the tactics were dire

Vital but harsh lesson particularly for the younger players to see the standards they have to reach to make it in the game....not too dismayed given that we have two centre halves to come in and a striker....we still need 2 right backs, a left back and a striker....but Ange knows this

Vital but harsh lesson particularly for the younger players to see the standards they have to reach to make it in the game....not too dismayed given that we have two centre halves to come in and a striker....we still need 2 right backs, a left back and a striker....but Ange knows this
Correct Docco thats all it was a friendly,pick ourselves up dust ourselves down and move on.
We will be back.

HH.

Early doors....early doors....gie it time.....We will get there.....still more players coming to us, including the Japanese Bhoy.......Am no getting worried.....not yet anyway......I think we wont see the best of our team until at least 5 league games into the season....🍀

Early doors....early doors....gie it time.....We will get there.....still more players coming to us, including the Japanese Bhoy.......Am no getting worried.....not yet anyway......I think we wont see the best of our team until at least 5 league games into the season....🍀
Exactly losing 6 is bad but it's pre season as long as we are ready wen the league starts

Members online

Back