CELTIC vs. Red Bull Salzburg - All comments here

On a night when we needed to be on our 'A' game we brought our 'C' or possibly 'D' game. So many players looked out of sorts. If it hadn't bee for CG we could have been 3 down at halftime. Injuries to ML and RC didnt help. Ajer looked unfit and wasn't ready to play his intercepted backpass should have been a goal but for CG. He also missed a sitter from 1 yard near the end. Only Broonie looked hungry for the ball when he came on. Even KT looked leggy. In the end Rosenborg did us a massive favour. We need to do better. The only game we've looked like we were up for it was against RB Leipzig.

RB Salzburg, since the takeover, have invested shitloads in scouting young talent from around the world. Hence why they produced players like Sadio Mane and Naby Keita, as well as a host of others I can't currently remember off the top of my head. But they knew that playing in the Austrian league would never attract big names, so they invested their huge resources (and they *do* have huge resources due to the Red Bull set up, only an idiot would deny it) in scouting and youth development. And it has paid off nicely for them. Given they play in a very unattractive league.

I need a figure as shitloads is what I initially quoted. I’m sure I heard Sutton in the game in Salzburg say they spent over £100m but can find no evidence to back this up. The figures seem to suggest they built that team with next to fuck all which can’t be right.

We were given a lesson last night, however I believe with a few tweaks we could have had a very different display. Boyata was a huge miss, sorry Jozo you ain't making it here, Tom Rogic, awesome domestically pants in Europe watch how Ntcham does it, Sincy nowhere near the player that had everyone off their seats, sit and see Izzy brings both defence and attack the balance we need..perfect foil for KT. No passengers here, think this side would give Salzburg a tough night. Onwards and upwards bhoys....bring them on hoping for Inter Milan

Should get hung drawn and quartered and I'm against both corporal and capital punishment

I was at the match v Rapid Vienna in 1984 when some prick threw a plastic bottle on the pitch and a Vienna player did a Dying Swan act although the object went nowhere near him

UEFA made us replay a match which we had won comfortably and we lost 1-0 at Old Trafford

Rapid reached the final that season but Everton gubbed them

Cheaters Justice but we MUST identify last night's idiot and I don't mean Craig Gordon We already know who he is

HH?
Was in the jungle that night. It looked like a glass bottle. Missed the Vienna player by six feet, he was pushed to the ground by his physio and bandaged in double quick time. It was, and still is, a disgrace..

remember we drew 0-0 at the san siro against a.c milan, at parkhead big billy mcneill miscontrolled a pass, bang 0-1 oot! prati wiz the dude who scored, we've been shootin ourselves in the foot in europe for years!!! but hey, we've also had some beltin nights!!!!

the truth!!!! the daily phuqin rancid don't do truth, they can't handle the phuqin truth!!!! ffs.
Well mostly agree with that statement but the fact that someone was calling the press for writing a story about someone throwing an object at a Rbs player after there goal (which was shown live on BT sports) is sheer stupidity no matter what paper it was

COME ONNNNN

edit: we might have been pish today, but theirs is a very good team (18 out of 18 points ffs) and all in all we got two points more than Leipzig, so we should be proud. Not of the result today, but of having achieved our goal. This was a very tough group.
Well said Uztai.

Well mostly agree with that statement but the fact that someone was calling the press for writing a story about someone throwing an object at a Rbs player after there goal (which was shown live on BT sports) is sheer stupidity no matter what paper it was
jinxy the "fan" who hit the linesman at the livingston, sevco game was described as a "football fan" salzburg player struck by "object" thrown by celtic "fan" impartial reporting.....

The Sevco are now sicker than usual.

:giggle: Can you even imagine how sick they will feel watching their glee unravel inside a few minutes, ok they must be kind of used to it, but still funny as feck to think of them choking on their own last decent tooth.
Magic Jim just Magic thinking of the Huns PAIN. Ya Beezer

Back