Celts for change

Let's have it right first of all. We should never have found ourselves in the position we are currently in this season, next season, or multiple seasons after that.

Regardless of how much 'other peepo's money' that lot have spent - they should still be nowhere near us in terms of performances and results on the park.

I'm pretty much a pragmatist when it comes to football. I fully understand that sport can be unpredictable. I also appreciate that there is no divine right to win football matches and trophies. However - over the entirety of a season, there is no justifiable reason to explain why Celtic shouldn't win the league.

I think Peter Lawwell is arrogant, ignorant, insulting, smug, condescending and patronising. I think he is narcissistic, egotistical and motivated by greed. I think he has made an incredible amount of poor decisions regarding appointments and the sale/purchase of assets. I think he failed the club in the failure to pursue Resolution 11/12.

But as it currently stands, I don't see any viable options to replace him.

Dermot gets an easier ride than he probably should. Most of us accept that he knows as much about football as we do about venture capitalism. Would I rather have someone who is fully invested in the club? Of course I would, but if anyone can find the centillionaire or billionaire who is prepared to throw bucketloads of cash into the bottomless pit that is investing in a football club, then please point him in the general direction of Celtic Park.

I believe there is a limit as to how long one person can stay in the roles that Desmond and Lawwell currently occupy. I feel that they have exceeded their limit, but there's a big part of me that lives by the mantra of "careful what you wish for".

We stood still last season. We've slipped backwards this season. The value of having a big squad has worked against us. Players are content to pick up a decent wage for little effort and the egos have landed for some of our wee social media darlings who fancy themselves as a 'brand'.

Changes are needed, but always remember to be careful what you wish for.
Agreed SP....it will become part of our history

Sat next to and inevitably had shouting matches with a few of them STG.
the worst used to be my faither
fuck me he was as negative as you could get, i refuse to watch any game with him nowadays
he had me spewwing at the team line up's, this is wrong, that's wrong
as mild mannered a man as you'll ever meet, but when it comes to celtic, whooooaaa
it gets to him, i think it means more cos he works with a ton of them
theres nout worse than a bad result and facing they cretins
he's been quite mild of late though, for the last ooh......... 9 years

Let's have it right first of all. We should never have found ourselves in the position we are currently in this season, next season, or multiple seasons after that.

Regardless of how much 'other peepo's money' that lot have spent - they should still be nowhere near us in terms of performances and results on the park.

I'm pretty much a pragmatist when it comes to football. I fully understand that sport can be unpredictable. I also appreciate that there is no divine right to win football matches and trophies. However - over the entirety of a season, there is no justifiable reason to explain why Celtic shouldn't win the league.

I think Peter Lawwell is arrogant, ignorant, insulting, smug, condescending and patronising. I think he is narcissistic, egotistical and motivated by greed. I think he has made an incredible amount of poor decisions regarding appointments and the sale/purchase of assets. I think he failed the club in the failure to pursue Resolution 11/12.

Dermot gets an easier ride than he probably should. Most of us accept that he knows as much about football as we do about venture capitalism. Would I rather have someone who is fully invested in the club? Of course I would, but if anyone can find the centillionaire or billionaire who is prepared to throw bucketloads of cash into the bottomless pit that is investing in a football club, then please point him in the general direction of Celtic Park.

I believe there is a limit as to how long one person can stay in the roles that Desmond and Lawwell currently occupy. I feel that they have exceeded their limit, but there's a big part of me that lives by the mantra of "careful what you wish for".

We stood still last season. We've slipped backwards this season. The value of having a big squad has worked against us. Players are content to pick up a decent wage for little effort and the egos have landed for some of our wee social media darlings who fancy themselves as a 'brand'.

Can't argue with any of that SP apart from there being viable options to replace Lawell......the man's an arrogant, manipulative, self-serving glorified bean counter with control issues, stroll down any financial district and you'll be tripping over guys like him!

🙌
i'd go further than that, i think we were on slide in the snakes last year in charge, dropped a lot of points but they were shit which helped
similar last year, looked fair game till they bottled it
credit to our lads, they've won everything, but we've went backwards and they for now have improved massively, but its early yet
their best start to a season in 50 years, we're struggling but still only 5 points
if i wasn't half pished i'd like to compare the snakes first 15 games of season 2/3 and this season. i think you'd find we're around the same marker, but they were pish and the snake walked on water

i know that such is life, the sunny period will turn dark, however briefly, they'll win something :sick:possibly a league, its what happens. i'll spew in my mouth, swallow and portray a man that isn't bothered, congratulations, you deserved it, it's only a game, while chewing on vomit over and over
but thats the life i chose
i'll be grateful for this time, look forward to the next
but the one thing i won't do is villify my own

Can't argue with any of that SP apart from there being viable options to replace Lawell......the man's an arrogant, manipulative, self-serving glorified bean counter with control issues, stroll down any financial district and you'll be tripping over guys like him!
again, no one likes him, but he has done the job asked of him
he's made huge mistakes
but if we were 5 points ahead he'd be on easy street
resolution 12/11 and our ambitions is where i want his head

the worst used to be my faither
fuck me he was as negative as you could get, i refuse to watch any game with him nowadays
he had me spewwing at the team line up's, this is wrong, that's wrong
as mild mannered a man as you'll ever meet, but when it comes to celtic, whooooaaa
it gets to him, i think it means more cos he works with a ton of them
theres nout worse than a bad result and facing they cretins
he's been quite mild of late though, for the last ooh......... 9 years

Aye but he's been around long enough to live through the truly bad times STG so if anybody's got a bit of leeway to have a moan and groan it's guys like yer Da.

Plus I know whit it's like tae work with a load of huns, the thought of having tae face them after a defeat would have any Tim fretting.

🙌
i'd go further than that, i think we were on slide in the snakes last year in charge, dropped a lot of points but they were shit which helped
similar last year, looked fair game till they bottled it
credit to our lads, they've won everything, but we've went backwards and they for now have improved massively, but its early yet
their best start to a season in 50 years, we're struggling but still only 5 points
if i wasn't half pished i'd like to compare the snakes first 15 games of season 2/3 and this season. i think you'd find we're around the same marker, but they were pish and the snake walked on water

i know that such is life, the sunny period will turn dark, however briefly, they'll win something :sick:possibly a league, its what happens. i'll spew in my mouth, swallow and portray a man that isn't bothered, congratulations, you deserved it, it's only a game, while chewing on vomit over and over
but thats the life i chose
i'll be grateful for this time, look forward to the next
but the one thing i won't do is villify my own
It has to be said, for all his faults and shady political ties - I don't think anyone can question his Tim credentials, mate.

There are plenty of Celtic fans who are rather conservative and not exactly progressive.........might not be my cup of Joe, but it doesn't make them any less of a Celtic fan.

Aye but he's been around long enough to live through the truly bad times STG so if anybody's got a bit of leeway to have a moan and groan it's guys like yer Da.

Plus I know whit it's like tae work with a load of huns, the thought of having tae face them after a defeat would have any Tim fretting.
i remember having a mild panic attack at Ibrokes and we were 3-0 up with 10 minutes to go
it does that to you, couldn't breath cos they crossed the halfway line for the first time in the match

again, no one likes him, but he has done the job asked of him
he's made huge mistakes
but if we were 5 points ahead he'd be on easy street
resolution 12/11 and our ambitions is where i want his head

Trouble with Lawell is he sticks his beak in where it's no needed and where he's not qualified to be making the decisions and tries to do everybody else's job to STG.

5pts ahead, 5pts behind matters not to my opinion of the man mate, he's a drag on this club and always has been as far as I'm concerned.

Trouble with Lawell is he sticks his beak in where it's no needed and where he's not qualified to be making the decisions and tries to do everybody else's job to STG.

5pts ahead, 5pts behind matters not to my opinion of the man mate, he's a drag on this club and always has been as far as I'm concerned.
Peter Piper pipes a pickle... fuck knows, he plays to DD's tune, picks up more than any other person at the Club and can sleep at night. Don't blame him, just dislike it

Back