Celts for change

Mate these guys spend everything they have to follow our club and have the right to say what they feel. EVERY GAME, HOME, AWAY AND EUROPE. How many of us do that? Like has been said, the board don't care what we think. The message has to get across that we won't put up with the shite we're watching this season. It's called freedom of speech. I hope Lenny is aware of it as without the "hard core" backing he's screwed. He needs to walk and if not be pushed for the good of our club.
They are a large part of what is good about our club, deserve credit for a lot of what they bring to Celtic Park, what they do for charity, the atmosphere the create, but they've hung one of their own out to dry today

Mate these guys spend everything they have to follow our club and have the right to say what they feel. EVERY GAME, HOME, AWAY AND EUROPE. How many of us do that? Like has been said, the board don't care what we think. The message has to get across that we won't put up with the shite we're watching this season. It's called freedom of speech. I hope Lenny is aware of it as without the "hard core" backing he's screwed. He needs to walk and if not be pushed for the good of our club.
Everyone's entitled to their opinions and freedom of speech. I spend more than I can on Celtic always have done so, in the same manner as do a large number of supporters and always that's been the case. Where Celtic go Celtic supporters will be there green brigade or not. The banner is wrong and no way to treat anyone let alone Neil Lennon theres ways and means and this way suggests that the Celtic supporters are all of this opinion , for the less educated in our support structure, and as far I know it's not, not even on here. That's the thing about freedom of speech steviebhoy, the green brigade would be screwed if the majority turned on them or the club, just as you say lenny is screwed without the hard core backing. Are the green brigade the most important element of the Celtic support now ? I missed that then , I thought that they are ultras who do good but still a small minority of the mainstream support who without them the whole club would be screwed. Green brigade are entitled to their opinions and often the majority doesnt agree with them sometimes they do. Theyve delivered a damaging message that will cause harm before any good its embarrassed me and others as I feel like I've been tarred with that banner, had I known of it I might even have gone along in support of lenny or in protest against the protest if you know what I mean. Lenny is not mowbray or barnes and deserves better. I'm not saying that something doesnt have to change I know it does but not humiliating ourselves in front of our own stadium

Everyone's entitled to their opinions and freedom of speech. I spend more than I can on Celtic always have done so, in the same manner as do a large number of supporters and always that's been the case. Where Celtic go Celtic supporters will be there green brigade or not. The banner is wrong and no way to treat anyone let alone Neil Lennon theres ways and means and this way suggests that the Celtic supporters are all of this opinion , for the less educated in our support structure, and as far I know it's not, not even on here. That's the thing about freedom of speech steviebhoy, the green brigade would be screwed if the majority turned on them or the club, just as you say lenny is screwed without the hard core backing. Are the green brigade the most important element of the Celtic support now ? I missed that then , I thought that they are ultras who do good but still a small minority of the mainstream support who without them the whole club would be screwed. Green brigade are entitled to their opinions and often the majority doesnt agree with them sometimes they do. Theyve delivered a damaging message that will cause harm before any good its embarrassed me and others as I feel like I've been tarred with that banner, had I known of it I might even have gone along in support of lenny or in protest against the protest if you know what I mean. Lenny is not mowbray or barnes and deserves better. I'm not saying that something doesnt have to change I know it does but not humiliating ourselves in front of our own stadium
It aint personal ,everybody likes Neil but sorry im not too confident he can get the ten over the line.

If you waited on the bus parade that got cancelled last summer youd know that the majority never wanted him back.Done well to come in and finish the season on a high but have to say i thought we would've brought someone of the same xalibre as Rodgers .

They are a large part of what is good about our club, deserve credit for a lot of what they bring to Celtic Park, what they do for charity, the atmosphere the create, but they've hung one of their own out to dry today
No ones bigger than the club,if youre no cuttin it then cheerio.Get away with it at smaller teams but we go out to win every game.Rodgers as much as he was a wee snakey bastard brought a different mentality and the players bought into it,right now i dont see that belief.

Theres ways to make public statements steviebhoy but I'd draw the line at attacking the manager on the doorsteps of the stadium. If we were out of the title race maybye there would be a case for a protest but were not.
Winter like you my heart is with our club. The fury i feel after so many poor performances is eating at me more and more. We all know what the problem is. What's wrong with being pro-active? Shall we all tow the Lenny line till it becomes mathematically impossible to catch them or do we try to fix it?

No ones bigger than the club,if youre no cuttin it then cheerio.Get away with it at smaller teams but we go out to win every game.Rodgers as much as he was a wee snakey bastard brought a different mentality and the players bought into it,right now i dont see that belief.
I agree 100% TS, i'm not a Lenny apologist and if you offered me a new manager I would happily go along with it. The Board don't listen to us supporters, so only they will make the decision, until they do, criticise on here, in private, but not like that. Thats where I draw the line.
For the first time in heaven knows how long, my phone lit up all day, the dark forces are loving this all.
Our manager and captain had to prepare for a game today at a press conference and they were forced to talk about banners and whether players have faith in NL.
Hopefully there's the right reaction from them becasue results will lift this gloom

I agree 100% TS, i'm not a Lenny apologist and if you offered me a new manager I would happily go along with it. The Board don't listen to us supporters, so only they will make the decision, until they do, criticise on here, in private, but not like that. Thats where I draw the line.
For the first time in heaven knows how long, my phone lit up all day, the dark forces are loving this all.
Our manager and captain had to prepare for a game today at a press conference and they were forced to talk about banners and whether players have faith in NL.
Hopefully there's the right reaction from them becasue results will lift this gloom
The Green Brigade made sure the board and Neil cannot cannot ignore us by doing what they did.
How else do you propose we push for a change? Send emails?

The Green Brigade made sure the board and Neil cannot cannot ignore us by doing what they did.
How else do you propose we push for a change? Send emails?
The Green Brigade don't speak for every supporter, far from it
The problem with communication is a long standing issue, the Board don't listen and there's not a chance they are going to take any note of that banner, other than to further entrench their view on the Green Brigade.

Winter like you my heart is with our club. The fury i feel after so many poor performances is eating at me more and more. We all know what the problem is. What's wrong with being pro-active? Shall we all tow the Lenny line till it becomes mathematically impossible to catch them or do we try to fix it?
I also share the same views Steviebhoy2 but have learnt the very hard way that anger will solve nothing about decisions we have no control over.
Trust me when I say it is far easier to accept a very poor decision made by this board imo than to fight the impossible fight against a board for whom we have no control over.
We need to remember we are celtic supporters and no one can do that better than us and our unity can never be broken, and I just pray todays stunt doesn't lead to that

Fekn Lenny lover. Do the Green Brigade need our permission?🤣
Well they do not speak for 60000 who are waiting to get back and not all agree with some of their shite, so aye it might have been a good idea to see if folk want organised or if a majority rules. a wee poll insterad of the merchant city coffee brigade putting out ideas in folks heads on their wee snack bite sites.

Last edited:
Back