Celts for change

Stevie , you are wrong mate , they don’t originate from the old jungle , most of the GB were not born when it was the old Celtic park and the jungle , the GB are all young guys 18/ 25 , the jungle did not exist for them
It's their parents i mostly referred to. Like some others on here i have some friends who are members of the GB and i stand by my comment earlier.

Been mentioned before. It's about opinions and as for "up to their knees in it", are you implying anybody who disagrees with you are huns? Choose your words more carefully pal.
Yes it is about opinions, agree/disagree its the purpose of this forum and everyone is free to air
It's now becoming about words here and there though and it seems the basis for who get's pulled up about a word or a phrase depends on who you are
I'm new to this, so fair game, but i can take it
I've got a pair so i if i mean something I would just come out and say it
As for the charge 'implying anybody who disagrees with me is a hun',
Would never dream of calling a Celtic fan with a differeing opinion to me that
These bloggers who think it's going to far with NL have been stoking it and wading in it for weeks, so yes they are up to their knees in it
I'm fine with my words on this occasion

Hail hail to the green brigade!!.. a peaceful protest to let the board know how most of the season ticket holders feel about Neil Lennon.

Don't stop protesting till Lennon has gone GB.. because he's already fucked ten in a row.

Maybe some of you oan here should have a wee whip roon and see if you's can get enough money to send Peter lawwell a wee bunch of flowers and a fkn boax of chocolates and ask him kindly for a new manager.

Peter's fortunate there's the pandemic right now or they'd be outside Celtic park in their thousands.

I predict Celtic to get humped by 4 or 5 tonight..i hope they do because it will then be Neil Lennon's last game..HAIL HAIL FOR THE GREEN BRIGADE.

They actually do proclaim to the be the voice of the support, by standing in front of Celtic Park with that banner, but as I said, they do not speak for me, or many like me
What happened to the big turnout of supporters on the Celtic Way ?
Was it started on FF, and they decided to show up and get some press coverage ?
Only to look like fools, as only them, and MSM turned up
Your points on how much they have raised as opposed to much they have cost the club, and the players (who back the manager 100%) doesn't wash
Have opinions, make them heard, but that today, was an embarrassment, at a time when Neil and the club, need our support the most
Not forgetting all the stuff Neil Lennon's been through and the pressure he's been under in the past with mental health issues etc
Bandwagons are not my thing, but to each their own
HH
I'm not so sure the players are 100% behind Lennon. There's more evidence to prove the opposite. They might say it, but how about proving it.
The saddest and most disturbing thing for me in all of this, is Lennon thinks there's fuck all wrong. Results aside, the team are in complete disarray and he thinks everything is fine and dandy. They've probably played well in one match this season and if I can rmember correctly they only played for one half. He hasn't even a settled team or formation this season and it's nearly Christmas. That's what's buggin me the most, not what a crowd of young lads do outside Celtic park. Who I'm I to tell anyone to protest or not to protest. If you feel the need then knock yourself out regardless of whether I agree with you or I don't.
Read what Simon ferry had to say about the training they're doing. It's all very worrying.

They bring a lot to the party but

Well said, the thing is the actual well written and though out message was lost because of the banner. Id be surprised if the message was even a footnote anywhere today. I’m avoiding the media today.
I’ve always felt proud of being a celtic supporter. Back in the days when we were humiliatingly shite, we never got on team or managers back. Don’t remember banners in my time for tommy burns or billy McNeil when they were struggling. Been all over Europe and watched celtic fans look out for celtic fans. One steps out of line and another reminds him that the top he wears represents something. we don’t disrespect others people and their cities.
if your a celtic supporter that doesn’t go to games then you’ve as much right to voice as someone who doesn’t miss a game. Some people can’t afford it. This idea that you never miss a game so you have more rights than others is not what we are about. It doesn’t justify trashing our manager and our club yesterday.
Who would have thought that Neil Lennon and the Green Brigade, 2 symbols of celtic could have divided us in this manner
👋👋👋👋👋🍀🍀🍀

This is clearly a highly emotive subject and we all have our opinions on this matter and I'm glad that we are all able to express them so far without it degenerating into a slagging match. My own take on it is that I thought the statement was very well thought out and presented. I think if it had come out as a stand alone document then many people would have agreed with a lot of what they wrote, and even those who want to continue to give Lennon as much time as he needs to turn it around would have still understood the sentiments behind the statement even if they disagreed with the conclusion.

However, by doing this at the same time as this attention-seeking media stunt means that the statement was a tiny footnote that will be quickly forgotten about by most people who were even aware of its existence. I think if they'd issued it and it had been ignored by the club then by all means then have a follow-up banner display a week later (but I personally would still have been very uneasy about doing it in this manner).

My own feelings echo a lot of people on here in that the GB do some amazing work and help to create one of the greatest stadium atmospheres anywhere in Europe. But IMO I feel they can occasionally over-step the mark and cause more grief to our club than is necessary. I would prefer it if they toned down some of their actions and rhetoric sometimes, but then again I am a crabbit middle-aged "widden Tim" and I feel that they are more entitled to have their say than I am (note: I am not saying their words are more important than the rest of you on here, just me personally).

Let's continue to keep civil in our disagreements, and hopefully we will look back at this in May and laugh at how much many of us were getting our knickers in a twist as we look back our 10IAR season! MTH 🍀

Those banner wavers, cost the club money with their pyromania displays, when they were told not to
Anyone else cost the club thousands in their quest for attention ?
Yes, they've been good for the club at times, but giving the rest ammunition to heap more pressure on the club, have a word with yourselves
Want Neil Lennon out ? fair enough, I personally believe the club with NL at the helm, can turn this around
No banner, no hysterics, just standing together through good and bad
Over and over, we will follow you

Everyone has their own opinions

We are Celtic supporters and this is the time we need to show solidarity, not division
That's my opinion

HH
👋👋👋👋🍀🍀🍀

This is clearly a highly emotive subject and we all have our opinions on this matter and I'm glad that we are all able to express them so far without it degenerating into a slagging match. My own take on it is that I thought the statement was very well thought out and presented. I think if it had come out as a stand alone document then many people would have agreed with a lot of what they wrote, and even those who want to continue to give Lennon as much time as he needs to turn it around would have still understood the sentiments behind the statement even if they disagreed with the conclusion.

However, by doing this at the same time as this attention-seeking media stunt means that the statement was a tiny footnote that will be quickly forgotten about by most people who were even aware of its existence. I think if they'd issued it and it had been ignored by the club then by all means then have a follow-up banner display a week later (but I personally would still have been very uneasy about doing it in this manner).

My own feelings echo a lot of people on here in that the GB do some amazing work and help to create one of the greatest stadium atmospheres anywhere in Europe. But IMO I feel they can occasionally over-step the mark and cause more grief to our club than is necessary. I would prefer it if they toned down some of their actions and rhetoric sometimes, but then again I am a crabbit middle-aged "widden Tim" and I feel that they are more entitled to have their say than I am (note: I am not saying their words are more important than the rest of you on here, just me personally).

Let's continue to keep civil in our disagreements, and hopefully we will look back at this in May and laugh at how much many of us were getting our knickers in a twist as we look back our 10IAR season! MTH 🍀
(y)(y)(y)🍀

Lennono, how did we get from that to this? 🙁
Rose, my niece's fella has just turned 30. Huge Celtic fan, but he didn't become a Celtic fan in the traditional way that the majority of us do. He made a conscious choice when he was a young lad and followed his heart.

As a consequence, he's supported Celtic through almost two decades of success excluding that period during the 'cheating hun bastard years'.

Success is not anticipated or expected anymore - success is now demanded.

I met my cousin in town yesterday for a wee blether and there was only one topic of conversation. Forget family, work or the pandemic........what aboot the Celtic? My niece's fella happened along and the conversation turned into a three-way. Being older, my cousin and I have a view on the right way and wrong way to do things, but the young fella has a different perspective on the subject.

When Lenny got the gig first time around, he was welcomed by the majority of support as one of their own. He did manage to bring back the thunder and over the next four seasons he pretty much had universal backing. Even when he announced his departure, he still had the support of the fans, it might have been the right time to go, but it also appeared that he was being hamstrung by the board financially and there were wee hints in his statements to back that theory.

It's no secret that there is a fairly big separation of ideals in the perspectives of those in the North Curve compared to those expressed in the boardroom. I think it's fair to say that the GB are not necessarily the biggest cheerleaders for the board, but it's also fair to say that the board aren't exactly doe-eyed over the GB either.

So this is where the conversation started to get a wee bit animated.

My cousin believed that Lenny being offered the temporary post to replace the snake was a soft sell to the fans. There might have been some mumblings of discontent, but it was a practical short-term solution that wouldn't cause mass chaos or revolt. He thinks the supporters acceptance was conditional though. The condition being that Celtic would appoint a permanent manager in the close season who would be high-profile and given the benefit of significant funding.

My niece's man had a slightly different take on it. He felt that Lenny would be the supporters representative and put up a solid resistance to the board, especially when they were threatening the GB with expulsion and slating them for their displays. They appreciated that this might not be evident during the temporary period, but once Lenny had been re-appointed in a full-time capacity, the younger fans believed that they might have had a supportive voice in the corridors of Celtic Park. It would seem that many of them have been disappointed that Lenny appears to have been domesticated and is nothing more than a lapdog for the board.

So there's a real irony in these two different slants.

My cousin was a bit ho-hum about Lenny's appointment initially, but now thinks the club should back him. My niece's man was enthusiastic about his appointment, but now thinks the club should sack him.

Personally, I don't think Lenny is solely responsible for where we are. I think there are a number of factors involved, but the buck generally stops with the manager and that's where the arrows are being pointed right now; however - it also appears that Lenny has also become the rope in a tug-of-war between the board and what seems to be a majority of the fans for the soul of the club.

I don't know any of the board. Don't really wish to know them. They don't strike me as being my kind of folk, but as long as they do their jobs correctly, then I'm fine with that.

I don't know any of the GB. It seems like their hearts are in the right place and they appear to have good intentions for the best part; however there are plenty of enemies outwith and within the club they could be targeting at the moment and they might have been better served giving that banner a wide berth for a week or two.

The truth is, I have a thousand and one questions, but I don't have any of the answers. Unfortunately - I think there's far more folk that are as confused as I am than there are those folk with a clear and viable vision for the immediate future.

Thank you so much SP for taking the time to reply in a way that helps me understand the differences between the younger generation of supporters and the more general age groups of supporters and the differences in approach to the appointment of NL and how people can change.
Recently being confused about what’s happening at Celtic I have been thinking a lot about how Pat would have reconciled what is going on right now. I miss the way he would think things over and calmly dealt with the consequences and with few words, always a man of integrity and reason he would come to his conclusions and then tell me what his thinking was. And he was my guide in all things Celtic in admiration for his knowledge of the team of that day.

all I’ve done on this forum over the last few weeks/days is ask questions and I thought to myself this morning that this will be getting on people’s nerves, but I genuinely did not have a clue as to what is going on with Celtic and the way we are struggling to get on a run of wins to make sure we get in front for getting the 10 and how things have been a struggle and we are now on the back foot so to speak.

I felt really sorry for NL yesterday though when I seen the banner, I just thought that wasn’t the way to do it. I don’t like people getting ganged up on. But I can understand the GB and I like the way they take on the fight for causes and give their voice of support, but not that banner. I don’t know the GB either but I’ve heard of all the great fund raising they do and that’s great and we can be proud of that.

I don’t know the Celtic Board but I look at Celtic Park and I see a well run club financially and the ground upkeep is exemplary. But I don’t know about the culture only what I’ve gleaned from this forum that PL calls the shots and that he failed to fight for Res 12 which I believe is a serious error of judgement on his part. I believe the Res12 was a golden opportunity to get honesty back into Scottish football, well at least to show and prove that cheating had taken place.

About our manager I was resigned when he got appointed and thought well he’s a Celtic man so that would be enough for him to fight the battles ahead. But I was a bit disappointed that we didn’t get one of the top managers whose names were thrown into the mix at the time (canny remember names) so if things don’t change fast then I will be more than disappointed. The other thing is I know the buck stops with the manager but it will really be the Celtic Board fault and specifically PL’s fault if we lose this league because they have the money to pay for a top manager imho. Not that I’m demanding anything but we really need this league because I couldn’t live with onslaught of pish from well you all know where.

I

Thank you so much SP for taking the time to reply in a way that helps me understand the differences between the younger generation of supporters and the more general age groups of supporters and the differences in approach to the appointment of NL and how people can change.
Recently being confused about what’s happening at Celtic I have been thinking a lot about how Pat would have reconciled what is going on right now. I miss the way he would think things over and calmly dealt with the consequences and with few words, always a man of integrity and reason he would come to his conclusions and then tell me what his thinking was. And he was my guide in all things Celtic in admiration for his knowledge of the team of that day.

all I’ve done on this forum over the last few weeks/days is ask questions and I thought to myself this morning that this will be getting on people’s nerves, but I genuinely did not have a clue as to what is going on with Celtic and the way we are struggling to get on a run of wins to make sure we get in front for getting the 10 and how things have been a struggle and we are now on the back foot so to speak.

I felt really sorry for NL yesterday though when I seen the banner, I just thought that wasn’t the way to do it. I don’t like people getting ganged up on. But I can understand the GB and I like the way they take on the fight for causes and give their voice of support, but not that banner. I don’t know the GB either but I’ve heard of all the great fund raising they do and that’s great and we can be proud of that.

I don’t know the Celtic Board but I look at Celtic Park and I see a well run club financially and the ground upkeep is exemplary. But I don’t know about the culture only what I’ve gleaned from this forum that PL calls the shots and that he failed to fight for Res 12 which I believe is a serious error of judgement on his part. I believe the Res12 was a golden opportunity to get honesty back into Scottish football, well at least to show and prove that cheating had taken place.

About our manager I was resigned when he got appointed and thought well he’s a Celtic man so that would be enough for him to fight the battles ahead. But I was a bit disappointed that we didn’t get one of the top managers whose names were thrown into the mix at the time (canny remember names) so if things don’t change fast then I will be more than disappointed. The other thing is I know the buck stops with the manager but it will really be the Celtic Board fault and specifically PL’s fault if we lose this league because they have the money to pay for a top manager imho. Not that I’m demanding anything but we really need this league because I couldn’t live with onslaught of pish from well you all know where.

I
CR once it was established Campbell Ogilvie was the guy who put the registrations through re the res 12, there was no turning back, the SFA were complicit and CO not only was a Rangers of old director, and Hearts Director, but was also an EBT recipent which he shifted to his wife when all hell was breaking loose with wee Craigy, the SFA have never been fit for purpose, it seems if you want a job with them then you need to have some dirt on you that they can use as hush or we tell on you. Thats the deal some call it riding the goat..
Craig White was running rings round them as he knew their secrets,

CR once it was established Campbell Ogilvie was the guy who put the registrayions through re the res 12, there was no turning back, the SFA were complicit and CO not only was a Rangers of old director, but was also an EBT recipent which he shifted to his wife when all hell was breaking loose with wee Craigy, the SFA g=have neb=ver been fit for purpose, it seems if you want a job with them then you need to have some dirt on you that they can use as hush or we tell on you. Thats the deal some call it riding the goat..
Following which he was fit and proper for a job at the cousins

Back