Celts successful in England

From all mad conquering and frimly battered to a pish defender all hail Tébily. Mind lads used to have him on those fantasy leagues subbed on CB with clean sheets. Made up for the piss soaked nightmares with us. The ballance of the universe and all that

And before anyone asks he had 83 caps (wiki) attached with glass and that a Hun goldmine

Bed
Bed
Bed
Pissed the bed
Sleep on the couch

and deal with it in a few days
Tip it 90
And I'll see you next week

Last edited:
I know they aint Scottish, but it must be a close call between Henrick and Virgil....One the best footballers in the world....went on to Man U and Barcelona...And, one the best defenders in the world...went on to the best team in the world ...at this moment in footballing time...

I was recently talking to a friend of mine from Hull. He mentioned Kenny Dalglish and although not a great football man (more into Rugby League) he said that he always admired Kenny at Liverpool. I told him that he was a hero to the Celtic support too. "Dalglish played with Celtic?" was his incredulous response. He couldn't believe it especially when I told him that he was there for 10 years, 5 as a regular (domestic, Europe and full international) and that when he finally did go to Liverpool it was the highest fee ever between two British clubs.

Anyway, being a little drunk, I started to talk about some of the Celtic players who then went on to play or manage (or both) in England over the years. Unfortunately I couldn't really think clearly at the time, but it did get me curious. So, I'd like to compile a list of players over the years who went on to fame and fortune over the border. I know ''famous' is very subjective, so as a yardstick, I suggest: Old 1st division or Premiershiip regulars or Full international caps or maybe cup winners. This can be in management or as a player. This criteria would rule out players like Frank McGarvie, simply because although he was signed by Liverpool, he was never a regular. So, over to you guys. could you make some suggestions and if possible some statistics as evidence?

Thank you.
I got told today off an old bhoy in work that he didnt think Dalglish was that great at Celtic ,there was far better Celtic players at the time!He must be the most negative Celtic supporter ive ever met because even when we win 4 or 5 nil he still slaughters the team 😂His first game was in 1963 so need to give him a bit of respect .

I got told today off an old bhoy in work that he didnt think Dalglish was that great at Celtic ,there was far better Celtic players at the time!He must be the most negative Celtic supporter ive ever met because even when we win 4 or 5 nil he still slaughters the team 😂His first game was in 1963 so need to give him a bit of respect .

Dalglish was world class at both Celtic and Liverpool, hence his transfer fee, which at the time, was a Scottish record....I was at his last game for Celtic....against Dunfermline...Always remember him stepping out the bus with Big Jock behind him....If only we had mob phone cameras at that time

Back