Cesar’s Statue 🍀

It was supposed to be unveiled on the 7th aug, but I can’t see any information on it, the Facebook page for it won’t let me in, because I’ve not got a fb account, just keeps asking me to register or login 🤷‍♂️
Can someone with a Facebook account have a look and see what the latest is…,thanks

It was supposed to be unveiled on the 7th aug, but I can’t see any information on it, the Facebook page for it won’t let me in, because I’ve not got a fb account, just keeps asking me to register or login 🤷‍♂️
Can someone with a Facebook account have a look and see what the latest is…,thanks

No

Edit : coz am no oan it 🙂

I looked and no posts for a couple of years. The last post on websites, Facebook or Twitter I can find is the Celtic Star article from February 2022 posted above saying the opening is Sunday 7th August. I'm assuming there must be some delays if there are no recent posts.

Drove passed Bellshill cross on the way home, there’s nothing happening, if don’t know how long the logistics of statue erecting take, but as the proposed date is only 3 days away, I’d expect there to be at least a wee site fence around the plinth, I found an email address for the organising committee and have sent them a query regarding the date etc….as soon as I know I’ll let you all know 👍

Message ;
some bad news now I'm afraid regarding the statue unveiling. Some committee members had a meeting with our sculptor and he has informed us due to work and private circumstances he is behind schedule with the statue and it won't be ready for the 7th August. The committee has spent the today contacting everyone cancelling all the arrangements we have been working on since we announced the unveiling date. We are grateful everyone has been so understanding and it is circumstances beyond our control. We will now spend the next weeks working on a plan to get a new date announced as soon as possible. The committee are all very disappointed with this development as I'm sure everyone who has been a supporter will be but we will get there in the end.

Message ;
some bad news now I'm afraid regarding the statue unveiling. Some committee members had a meeting with our sculptor and he has informed us due to work and private circumstances he is behind schedule with the statue and it won't be ready for the 7th August. The committee has spent the today contacting everyone cancelling all the arrangements we have been working on since we announced the unveiling date. We are grateful everyone has been so understanding and it is circumstances beyond our control. We will now spend the next weeks working on a plan to get a new date announced as soon as possible. The committee are all very disappointed with this development as I'm sure everyone who has been a supporter will be but we will get there in the end.
A few months delay won't matter - it will be standing for a few hundred years.

Members online

Latest posts

Back