CFR Cluj v Celtic - Champions League Qualifier 3rd Round 1st Leg - Wed 7 August

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
CELTIC will travel to Romania full of confidence after that 7-0 thrashing of St Johnstone and presumably Cluj would have had someone at Celtic Park at the weekend watching us. His report should strike fear into their hearts and they'll now know that coming to Celtic Park next week is going to be a tough shift. Celtic on this form should be good enough to win both legs.

I'll go for a 2-1 win on Wednesday. What do you think?

Tough one to predict WC, I haven't seen Cluj play for years. However for once I think it will be about how we play, we are at our best when attacking and most of us would be scared whitless at the thought of Celtic going there to defend. Think Neil might start with a 451 formation, if we turn up and play the way we can then I think 2 nothing to us is achievable.

Lets hope Premier sports get the finger out and we get to see it.

I don't really know much about them but apparently they are a very decent side. If we play without inhibitions and full of gallus confidence then no reason why we shouldn't win this game, but based on our experiences over previous seasons I suspect it will be a wee bit of a cagey affair and a struggle (hope I'm wrong).

So I'm thinking a 1-1 draw which means we have to play to our full potential at home where we will ease through with a couple of goals to spare.

Two good teams to negotiate. Hopefully we will bring in the players Lenny has been talking about in time to assist us. There can be no excuses in our fight to attain CL place. For me it will be down to how our defence knits from a charitable foundation to a stingy shower of cunts.

From mid to front we can be dynamite. We will need to carry that into these games and if we do we will score goals home and away leading us to the promised land. It’s in our own hands and it’s up to the board to determine how strong that hand is and if they want it as much as we do.

Time to step up to the plate.

Last edited:
I was going to ask what type of team we will be facing when we meet slavia Prague.....but I'll just wait for the scottish media to write article upon article about how amazing they are....and I look forward to reading quotes from ex players telling us how "celtic will be beaten".....and ofcourse that customary ex-hun who has some connection to them being wheeled out to tell us how crap Celtic are. All in a days work for the scottish media ??

I was going to ask what type of team we will be facing when we meet slavia Prague.....but I'll just wait for the scottish media to write article upon article about how amazing they are....and I look forward to reading quotes from ex players telling us how "celtic will be beaten".....and ofcourse that customary ex-hun who has some connection to them being wheeled out to tell us how crap Celtic are. All in a days work for the scottish media ??
The Czechs are always decent but a think we'll do them ?

Exciting times ahead ,remember well under the great JOCK STEIN,how we looked forward to these ‘big’games !,don’t see why we should be ‘scared’ for want of a better word ?we just need belief ,which we seem to have , not being presumptuous here but have a real feeling of some success here,at least it is nice to think of some success in CL,hh

Exciting times ahead ,remember well under the great JOCK STEIN,how we looked forward to these ‘big’games !,don’t see why we should be ‘scared’ for want of a better word ?we just need belief ,which we seem to have , not being presumptuous here but have a real feeling of some success here,at least it is nice to think of some success in CL,hh
Dont want to jinx us but i think we'll qualify this year ,as Doc said in another post we should be beating teams like that,no disrespect to them .

The Czechs are always decent but a think we'll do them ?
Aye they are probably going to be the most decent side we've encountered in the qualies. No fear of them though. They're a good technical side but can they stand up to the barrage of wave after wave of attack they'll face from us at CP? I doubt it. We look irresistible right now and hope elhamed is fit for cluj he is already looking a player whose been waiting for this move all his career very humble like all I've seen so far (what little that is) must say I'm a bit taken aback at the speed of the turnaround by the club just need a natural RB (sure I've heard that before) ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back