Champions League Qualifier - FC Midtjylland

Who will progress to the next round of the Champions League

• Celtic

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • Midtjylland

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
Went into tonight's game without knowing what to really expect and ended up disappointed that we never got the winning result that we truly deserved.
When you think we still had 3 players who are nowhere good enough to wear the Jersey, Taylor even though his workrate remains impressive, his quality in the final third is still badly lacking, and 2 want aways even with Christie being magnificent.
That now is well over half a team short of where Ange would like us to be.
It also puts into context just how fantastic, many of the other players were.
In with a great opportunity still to progress, hopefully with a few changes for next week.
With the new players to still come in, and a wonderful example Murray has set now by taking an opportunity when the situation arises, the future is looking very rosie indeed.
Everything from last season wasn't going to be fixed overnight, but tonight showed we are well and truly back on the right road again with big improvements still required in certain positions.
Think Christie showed enough to warrant a hefty new contract also, question now is weather he wants that or not?
Cant see any result John but a victory in Denmark,I thought the 6 Bhoys who turned up tonight were tremendous.
Barkas,Taylor,Ralston and French Eddy for me need replacing asap.
I would pull Christie in first thing tomorrow and ask him to sign a 4 year contract.
I would also get Murray in and extend his contact,this Bhoy could be a diamond in the rough 18 years old and nothing fazed him,what will he be like in 2 years time ??. I wonder if Van Dyke was as good as him at 18.. the rest of the Bhoys subs included put in great shifts,might not have played to their potential but put the effort in,,maybe Eddy should watch the video and see what it takes to be a team player..

HH

Cant see any result John but a victory in Denmark,I thought the 6 Bhoys who turned up tonight were tremendous.
I would pull Christie in first thing tomorrow and ask him to sign a 4 year contract.
I would also get Murray in and extend his contact,this Bhoy could be a diamond in the rough 18 years old and nothing fazed him,what will he be like in 2 years time ??. I wonder if Van Dyke was as good as him at 18.. the rest of the Bhoys subs included put in great shifts,might not have played to their potential but put the effort in,,maybe Eddy should watch the video and see what it takes to be a team player..

HH
In an ideal world if we could sign a couple of CHs then we could extend Murray and Hjelde's contract to 4 years, find them a loan club that both could play together for this season and tell them they will be back challenging next summer.
Failing that keep one of them in the squad and loan out the other until January, then switch them. Gives them 4 months with the first team squad and 4 months playing regularly.

HH
I still wouldn't put Taylor in the get rid of bracket myself GS just yet and still think eddy offers far more than Ajeti still.
At a guess I would say there is still plenty going on in the background regarding the eddy situation. Can't see us bringing in his replacement until he is actually sold, and still not convinced it is going to happen this window as much as I hope it does.
He did work harder than usual last night but his lack of desire towards us still seems missing to me.
Young Murray and Leo have to be tied down with long term deals and would be terrible on the clubs behalf if they couldn't manage to do so, or worse still never made them the offer in the first place.

I still wouldn't put Taylor in the get rid of bracket myself GS just yet and still think eddy offers far more than Ajeti still.
At a guess I would say there is still plenty going on in the background regarding the eddy situation. Can't see us bringing in his replacement until he is actually sold, and still not convinced it is going to happen this window as much as I hope it does.
He did work harder than usual last night but his lack of desire towards us still seems missing to me.
Young Murray and Leo have to be tied down with long term deals and would be terrible on the clubs behalf if they couldn't manage to do so, or worse still never made them the offer in the first place.
Got to ask yourself John, what exactly did Eddy offer last night? Hold up play? Finishing? Playing others in instead of trying to dance your way past 4 defenders? At least Ajeti is playing for his jersey whilst Eddy is a waste of one in my opinion.

Got to ask yourself John, what exactly did Eddy offer last night? Hold up play? Finishing? Playing others in instead of trying to dance your way past 4 defenders? At least Ajeti is playing for his jersey whilst Eddy is a waste of one in my opinion.
Was starting to get involved with Christie and abada until Bitton moment of madness.
We all know playing eddy in a lone strickers role won't get the best out of him, as he still thinks it gives him the right to try and do everything on his own, which rarely works.
When kyogo becomes available then I'm still hopeful Ajeti will come good and could yet be more valuable to us than eddy, and still reckon Ajeti would have buried the chance that was created for eddy

In an ideal world if we could sign a couple of CHs then we could extend Murray and Hjelde's contract to 4 years, find them a loan club that both could play together for this season and tell them they will be back challenging next summer.
Failing that keep one of them in the squad and loan out the other until January, then switch them. Gives them 4 months with the first team squad and 4 months playing regularly.
I'd try to make sure that any loanees are to other Scottish Premiership clubs as well. Get them used to the hustle and bustle of the SPFL rather than shoving them away in some lower league or foreign club where they get forgotten about and are not getting used to playing in our league.

Was starting to get involved with Christie and abada until Bitton moment of madness.
We all know playing eddy in a lone strickers role won't get the best out of him, as he still thinks it gives him the right to try and do everything on his own, which rarely works.
When kyogo becomes available then I'm still hopeful Ajeti will come good and could yet be more valuable to us than eddy, and still reckon Ajeti would have buried the chance that was created for eddy
I agree that Eddy is never a target man up front on his own. Was better behind a front man. Usually drifting in from the left.

I agree that Eddy is never a target man up front on his own. Was better behind a front man. Usually drifting in from the left.
Spot on stevie.
Not desputing eddy can be a huge talent in the future, but still much of his game needs improvement if he thinks he is going to cut it in the EPL.
Would still be disgusted if Ange was able to do so and he was able to leave for nothing.
Think big decision awaits after the return leg

One other thing John, all successful teams have, unglamorous, players, great teams are very seldom made up of 11 superstars. The Lisbon lions were a team not 11 superstars, although I can't really state which of the eleven wasn't a star, perhaps Craig, Clark, even Wallace, even so I cannot go through the team, without thinking I'm wrong, I just can't separate the players from the team, the finest
I will think of each and every one of The Lions as being a star until the day the reaper finally corners me. To be able to say I lived through that period is so precious . Their legacy is set in stone.

Last night's game was the first game I've seen since AP took over, hard tae judge where we're at just now really cos half of that team we put out would never be first picks and that Danish mob were dug meat but we were getting forward a lot quicker which was good.

It forced their midfield onto the back foot and allowed us to get in between and behind their back line which they struggled tae deal with, certainly better than that slow build up and endless passing around the opposition's 18 yard box shite of last season anyway. That said defensively we're still miles off it, we still need that bit of steel added to the midfield and we need tae be more clinical up top. Priority is a keeper though as Barkas is proving every bit the dud I thought he was, why we signed this guy in the first place remains a mystery to me!

First impressions....decent enough considering but we're still quite a bit off or more tae the point 5 players short of being a solid capable team.

I'm not the best fan of Frensh Eddie as most know, but if we have to keep him then I think he would be a much better team member playing as a left winger (the opposite in what was done with Henry at Arsenal). Eddie is terrible at holding the ball up, but he showed glimps of great play when he started coming in from the left last night.
Playing Eddie, Ajeti (who is a penatly box striker) and Abada/Forest as a front 3 would be unstoppable in my view.

I will think of each and every one of The Lions as being a star until the day the reaper finally corners me. To be able to say I lived through that period is so precious . Their legacy is set in stone.
A legacy that will never be matched or even getting close to Frank.
A shame that a players worth can be determined by shirt sales and there name upon them.
A different era alright and just imagine what there worth would have been in today's market?

I'm not the best fan of Frensh Eddie as most know, but if we have to keep him then I think he would be a much better team member playing as a left winger (the opposite in what was done with Henry at Arsenal). Eddie is terrible at holding the ball up, but he showed glimps of great play when he started coming in from the left last night.
Playing Eddie, Ajeti (who is a penatly box striker) and Abada/Forest as a front 3 would be unstoppable in my view.
What about kyogo CR?

I don't know about you good folk, but I wasn't exactly optimistic going into last night's game. Lack of decent preparation, lack of meaningful signings, having to play players who seem to be hellbent on leaving for pastures new. Hardly the stuff to inspire confidence. But, Hallelujah, something returned to our depleted squad. Something which had been missing for most of last season. They turned up and gave it their best ! I think they must've read Spherical Planet's identity post on The Noise !

I feel we still have a decent chance to get to the next round of qualifying games. However, although it's brilliant to see our players actually having a pride in wearing The Hoops, I also have to say I still
feel we're a few decent signings short of being able to compete at a higher level.

Overall though, it's good to see and feel the support warming to AP. it was also terrific to see our two young central defenders acquit themselves so well. Much work still to be done, no question about that. But progress has been made in a short time. It's there for us all to see. HH.

Back