Chats Buzzin Tonight

What am I doing this weekend eh......

Well nothing much was planned until the phone went yesterday, now I'm off down to the Golden Jubilee today for a triple bypass operation on Friday, so I will most probably spend the weekend in intensive care, for months now I've been waiting and wondering when, and also what Celtic games I would miss, but with perfect timing our wonderful NHS have me in on an international weekend, love it.
Mate ano it’s easy for everyone on here to say it’ll be ok and easy an stuff it’s all heartfelt(no pun intended) good intentions,,but bypass surgery is amazing nowadays,,a only know you from your chat but sound like a good guy so all the best,,ma da had It done 30yrs ago changed him no end,running about like a new puppy way a ball and stuff...only downside was he would lick his balls in front of the neighbours!,!!!!!mibee that’s a bonus??

Mate ano it’s easy for everyone on here to say it’ll be ok and easy an stuff it’s all heartfelt(no pun intended) good intentions,,but bypass surgery is amazing nowadays,,a only know you from your chat but sound like a good guy so all the best,,ma da had It done 30yrs ago changed him no end,running about like a new puppy way a ball and stuff...only downside was he would lick his balls in front of the neighbours!,!!!!!mibee that’s a bonus??
jubilee does great work,ah'm full of stents,well 3,ye'll be back before ye know it 50,Hail Hail!

Well nothing much was planned until the phone went yesterday, now I'm off down to the Golden Jubilee today for a triple bypass operation on Friday, so I will most probably spend the weekend in intensive care, for months now I've been waiting and wondering when, and also what Celtic games I would miss, but with perfect timing our wonderful NHS have me in on an international weekend, love it.
Best to you mate
I'm 2 years on from my bypass and the most important thing, is not to do too much with the exercise as you recover
8 months after mine, I was running hills near our house, felt great, but pushed myself too hard, did too much and came down with pneumonia, back in hosptal for a week, not a pleasant thing
You'll know your limits
3 days after my surgery I was asked to 'go for a walk' by the staff, I walked to the nurses station, with a little hlep, but it felt as if I'd run a marathon, next day, got a little farther, then 5 days later, it was home with my 'heart pillow' which you clutch whenever you cough, sneeze, whatever and I carried mine whenever I went out...it helps and you've got a lot of people on here, in your corner
Anyway, walking every day , within your limits helps, you do a little more, each day and make sure you get plenty of rest when you need it
You'll be on the mend and back to your self, in no time
New lease of life for you, hope you have a full & speedy reovery
HH

Last edited:

:) insane even thinking about games in your circumstances, but that's the way it is with Celtic.

Great luck with timing, good luck, get well soon.

Best to you mate
I'm 2 years on from my bypass and the most important thing, is not to do too much with the exercise as you recover
8 months after mine, I was running hills near our house, felt great, but pushed myself too hard, did too much and came down with pneumonia, back in hosptal for a week, not a pleasant thing
You'll know your limits
3 days after my surgery I was asked to 'go for a walk' by the staff, I walked to the nurses station, with a little hlep, but it felt as if I'd run a marathon, next day, got a little farther, then 5 days later, it was home with my 'heart pillow' whih you clutch whenever you cough, sneeze, whatever and I carried mine whenever I went out...it helps and you've got a ot of people on here, in your corner
Anyway, walking every day , within your limits helps, you do a little more, each day and make sure you get plenty of rest when you need it
You'll be on the mend and back to your self, in no time
New lease of life for you, hope you have a full & speedy reovery
HH
Fair play to you.
Difficult one exercise, you never can really know what's going on inside.
A Marathon runner in Cork who was obviously seriously fit on the face of it, in his forties found out his arteries were in a really terrible state, like that of a typical 70 year old. He was told it was bad luck and down to genetics, he only found out because both his parents had died of heart attacks fairly young and so he went for a check up.

I used to do heavy weight circuit training for boxing, have since a kid but seriously wonder how smart the extremes all was now, especially on the heart, some 'experts' suggest it strengthens others the opposite. Think weight training is still good for health but not heavy weights especially as you get older. Like you say the problem with any training is how much, keeping it up once you start and not being stupid.
Seems as you say and some studies suggest that just a quick enough daily walk is likely the most natural and beneficial. The really old in Japan are all gardeners and never done any other exercise, just eat lots of those blue spuds :).

Yourselves, How did you first find out yourself you had a problem, or what made you go check?

Last edited:

Big guy Triple bypass thoughts are with you and treble treble bypassing anything the Huns could ever hope to achieve forever chasing. HH
Untitled.jpg

Hope to hear good news from 50 Shades of Green after his 'grand opening'
I'm sure he'll be fine and back on his feet & among us, in no time
As for my weekend, wife, kids, granddaughter & lots of walks on the beach and parks with our dog
Next weekend, it'll be, up at stupit o' clock in the morning, to watch us hammer, Undead FC
Hope everyone has a great weekend
And best to 50SoG
HH

Attachments

• Liliana and papa.jpg
    Liliana and papa.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
:) insane even thinking about games in your circumstances, but that's the way it is with Celtic.

Great luck with timing, good luck, get well soon.

Fair play to you.
Difficult one exercise, you never can really know what's going on inside.
A Marathon runner in Cork who was obviously seriously fit on the face of it, in his forties found out his arteries were in a really terrible state, like that of a typical 70 year old. He was told it was bad luck and down to genetics, he only found out because both his parents had died of heart attacks fairly young and so he went for a check up.

I used to do heavy weight circuit training for boxing, have since a kid but seriously wonder how smart the extremes all was now, especially on the heart, some 'experts' suggest it strengthens others the opposite. Think weight training is still good for health but not heavy weights especially as you get older. Like you say the problem with any training is how much, keeping it up once you start and not being stupid.
Seems as you say and some studies suggest that just a quick enough daily walk is likely the most natural and beneficial. The really old in Japan are all gardeners and never done any other exercise, just eat lots of those blue spuds :).

Yourselves, How did you first find out yourself you had a problem, or what made you go check?

Best wishes and a small prayer

Dont think ill get that old hahahaha
Besides they will move the goalposts soon.
Get your pension when you reach 110 and bus pass if you collected enough bus ticktes while of working age all registered on the chip they put in our brain.

After brexit Scotland will be turned into a big Jail a bit like australia once was, hahahahahahahaha
TET
I uave two years from this august before I csn claim the OAP. Seems the previous year of birth guys are falling over while i am an overweight tanned looking coconut.
Wht would be the cry if s MP on losing his parliment job had to wait till he were 66+ .
Howls. ..... I spent 38 years away at sea in foriegn lands for my Merchant pension. In countries where you would be mugged for shoes. MP's would love to see them in stocks so I could throw cabbage, eggs and babbies nappies

Members online

Back