Chris Sutton

Lubos left peg

Is anyone else getting a bit fed up with big Sutton? He was seen as the voice of reason for non-zombies as he spoke the truth about Warburton and brother Pedro as the rest of the MSM were singing their praises. He was also right to criticise ronny to some extent, but he was only saying what every other "reporter" were gleefully saying at the time...but now it seems that everything he says about Celtic is a negative. He critises Brendan and our team at every opportunity...I feel even when it's not called for. Even on BT sports where every positive comment he makes is quickly followed by a put down. "Great tackle by Boyata....but for me he shouldn't be near the team"...."Great win for Celtic...but they have had a poor start to the season"...Now he's even writing negative articles about Celtic on feelings he has...not cold hard facts....not unlike fat Boyd...I hope he's not taking the route that some of our ex players have taken...attack Celtic and stay in your media job..

Is anyone else getting a bit fed up with big Sutton? He was seen as the voice of reason for non-zombies as he spoke the truth about Warburton and brother Pedro as the rest of the MSM were singing their praises. He was also right to criticise ronny to some extent, but he was only saying what every other "reporter" were gleefully saying at the time...but now it seems that everything he says about Celtic is a negative. He critises Brendan and our team at every opportunity...I feel even when it's not called for. Even on BT sports where every positive comment he makes is quickly followed by a put down. "Great tackle by Boyata....but for me he shouldn't be near the team"...."Great win for Celtic...but they have had a poor start to the season"...Now he's even writing negative articles about Celtic on feelings he has...not cold hard facts....not unlike fat Boyd...I hope he's not taking the route that some of our ex players have taken...attack Celtic and stay in your media job..
Everyones entitled to an opinion but if the opinion is to be contravesial to earn a crust then its intentional and not on, if he is merely paid to be his own man with his own thoughts then fair enough like us he can fire away and express his opinions if thats what he believes, the rancid will print anything they feel will be negative, we are too long in the tooth for that. Good to know that the Rancid is relying on huns to keep them employed, nothing last forever.

Everyones entitled to an opinion but if the opinion is to be contravesial to earn a crust then its intentional and not on, if he is merely paid to be his own man with his own thoughts then fair enough like us he can fire away and express his opinions if thats what he believes, the rancid will print anything they feel will be negative, we are too long in the tooth for that. Good to know that the Rancid is relying on huns to keep them employed, nothing last forever.

I mostly agreed with his views before...even when he was critising ronny...but when he's writing articles saying he has a "gut feeling" Brendan isn't happy then that's just being negative for no reason...I don't want some BFDJ cheerleader praising everything about our club. But it seems, even when we do something good, he seems to look for a negative somewhere...we hammered St Johnstone 6-0...there seems to be a wee bit of positivity around the club. Brendan says he happy constantly and Sutton comes out with that pish. It's straight from the book of journalism by Kris Boyd or Charlie Nicholarse.

I like him. Everybody loves it when he rips into the Huns, but criticise Celtic and he's trying to be controversial and needs to shut it. Not for me.... I think he has a genuine affection for the club, he sees things are wrong and he voices an opinion. One 6-0 pumping at St Johnstone may be the start of the good times coming back but it might not. Beat tomorrow and we'll all be being "controversial" tomorrow night.

sure am eh big man championed celtics cause at every chance he had , but since eh transfer window bollocks hes defo bn stirring eh pot

sure am eh big man championed celtics cause at every chance he had , but since eh transfer window bollocks hes defo bn stirring eh pot
Since the transfer window the club deserves criticism.....board AND manager......his opinion today that if Brendan fucks off Lennys the man is exactly that:an opinion. Some will agree with him, others won't (not sure I do) but I for one don't mind him having it.

Since the transfer window the club deserves criticism.....board AND manager......his opinion today that if Brendan fucks off Lennys the man is exactly that:an opinion. Some will agree with him, others won't (not sure I do) but I for one don't mind him having it.
ats correct everyones entitled to ther opinion but just got a feeling eh big mans digs lately have bn more destructive than constructive

I think Sutton tries too hard to come across as impartial. Because he slates Sevco and some refs (Craig Thomson in particular) he maybe feels he has to come oot and slate Celtic too. There is plenty to slate Sevco and corrupt, bigoted and cheating refs for. I think he comes oot with negative Celtic stories to try and avoid accusations of bias. When he comes oot with stories that are not stories at all and turn oot to be gut feelings then he has gone too far. Tell us facts Chris not "gut feelings". Every negative Sevco story does not need to be tempered with a negative Celtic story to show impartiality. Stop it Chris, there are more important issues in Scottish football just now that are real, not gut feelings.
Hail Hail
Rich

I think Sutton tries too hard to come across as impartial. Because he slates Sevco and some refs (Craig Thomson in particular) he maybe feels he has to come oot and slate Celtic too. There is plenty to slate Sevco and corrupt, bigoted and cheating refs for. I think he comes oot with negative Celtic stories to try and avoid accusations of bias. When he comes oot with stories that are not stories at all and turn oot to be gut feelings then he has gone too far. Tell us facts Chris not "gut feelings". Every negative Sevco story does not need to be tempered with a negative Celtic story to show impartiality. Stop it Chris, there are more important issues in Scottish football just now that are real, not gut feelings.
Hail Hail
Rich
spot on but showing bias is the norm in scotlands media eh big man shd show his bias an keep championiong e hoops cause

Sutton is entitled to his opinion, and today's article was exactly that , an opinion piece.
If he has been critical at times recently then so what ? I don't know a Celtic fan who hasn't been critical of either the team, the board or the manager this season.
Chris certainly has Celtic at heart and has had some great put downs for the Huns over the years. The BFDJ ragdolling being just one example.
We're not permaraging Sevconians and surely we can take a bit of criticism occasionally. Very few Tims in the media and generally big Chris champions the club.
The way some people are reacting he is turning into a Nicholas or Walker.
Rodgers will eventually go. We all know that and Sutton was merely speculating that in his opinion Lennon would be the best option.
Hail hail

The gut feeling. He worded it like that imo to lessen the dig. He could of hit with a few quotes, few reactions of BR. Could of quoted MD quote BR made saying he wouldn't go unless there was a replacement...need I go on? I'll admit he isn't too chuffed at the current situation, neither am I. We dropped the ball. its taken BR a bit to dust himself down as well id say. Hopefully we are kicking back into gear now. I don't think there is a person on here that could say we have handled the last 4 months properly or at least without room for massive improvement so Sutton still gets pass marks from me

Still pass marks from me too, he works in the media so admittedly it’s very tricky trying to separate the sensationalism from the honest either wrong or right. I would say he knows his football. In terms of the game itself. So that’s one plus right away. I think he is a fan having player for us. He wasn’t always a Celtic fan like say Andy Walker, who was then took the blue pound. Moral of the story? Maybe it’s better to BECOME a Celtic fan of seeking a media role? Hartson, Sutton, fine. Walker, Provan (doubt he was a tim mind you), Nicholas, McNee.....

BHH

Never liked any of the talking heads that spout shite on the telly or through the papers, they all have the same fundamental agenda... get paid for spouting shite and continue to be paid for spouting shite! Why we need 3 guys to commentate on games is just a pisstake. Wish we had a red button to turn all commentary off so can just enjoy game with atmosphere!!! Love Big Sutty as a player, wonderful technique n was deadly in the box ?

It’s funny Maestro, you’re the third person in as many weeks I’ve heard say they would prefer no commentary during televised football. Its something I and many others agree on completely. It can’t happen unless you turn down the tv but you then lose the atmospherics of the game (is there a finer noise and sight in life than watching our fans jump and scream when a goal has been scored? Doubt it!).

What interests me about that is that years ago, as a boy watching tv football highlights, I loved the commentary. A sign that tv “journalism” is badly regressing.

My favourite retro commentary line “And something must be happening at Dens. Yes, certainly a goal has been conceded by Hearts”. Paraphrasing but thoroughly enjoyed that one.

BHH

lol Yeah, I still remember Arhur Montford n especially Weetabix heid Archie McPherson. Favourite being semi final in 88 against the tarts, "It's a tantalizing ball! It's there! The goal's been given! Andy Walker is getting the congratulations!" Even though it was Macca smashing in the winner from 1 yard in the 89th min He really didn't enjoy us winning that Muppet ?

Or how about “The Celtic support are asking Henry Smith to show them the ball!”. Again, Archie McCandyfloss assessment of us singing “Henry! Henry! Drop the ball, during a two each draw with the maroon baboons in the centenary season. He really was deaf and daft at times Archie. Incidentally, your namesakes (The Maestro) stunning last minute equaliser was followed by one of the most honest elation’s I’ve saw in a hoops player ever. Paul McStay. A complete saint! Haha!

BHH

I mostly agreed with his views before...even when he was critising ronny...but when he's writing articles saying he has a "gut feeling" Brendan isn't happy then that's just being negative for no reason...I don't want some BFDJ cheerleader praising everything about our club. But it seems, even when we do something good, he seems to look for a negative somewhere...we hammered St Johnstone 6-0...there seems to be a wee bit of positivity around the club. Brendan says he happy constantly and Sutton comes out with that pish. It's straight from the book of journalism by Kris Boyd or Charlie Nicholarse.

Brendan isn’t happy and why should he be? If anybody thinks he is, listen to his comment about standing still.

Chris is not a happy clapper, who refuse to see any criticism of Celtic. I think he has been bang on and it has to be said. What are we to do? See the utter shambles of the summer and claim there’s nothing to see?

This exerts pressure on the board to do the right thing, it’s true and Chris has every right to say it. He’s a Celtic man and us entitled to his view, especially when it’s on the money.

Brendan isn’t happy and why should he be? If anybody thinks he is, listen to his comment about standing still.

Chris is not a happy clapper, who refuse to see any criticism of Celtic. I think he has been bang on and it has to be said. What are we to do? See the utter shambles of the summer and claim there’s nothing to see?

This exerts pressure on the board to do the right thing, it’s true and Chris has every right to say it. He’s a Celtic man and us entitled to his view, especially when it’s on the money.

I understand what your saying and I know Sutton is Celtic through and through. But all he does at the moment is critise us. Let's not forget what bog roll he writes for. He's not daft. He knows what stories that paper wants put out...if he wants to write a story about Brendan not being happy at Celtic then show us the facts...don't say it's a gut feeling. That's writing a negative story for no reason at all. We all, as fans, know Brendan is pissed of at the board. We all are. We still love Celtic. Brendan has said, god knows how many times, that he loves being at Celtic. He loves the team. He loves the fans. Sutton doesn't say that. He has a "gut feeling" Brendan is unhappy at Celtic...I don't believe he is. I believe he is unhappy with the Board. Not unhappy being Celtic manager. A bit of balance from Sutton would be nice. Instead of pumping out constant negative shit. We have Boyd for that.

Last edited:
I understand what your saying and I know Sutton is Celtic through and through. But all he does at the moment is critise us. Let's not forget what bog roll he writes for. He's not daft. He knows what stories that paper wants put out...if he wants to write a story about Brendan not being happy at Celtic then show us the facts...don't say it's a gut feeling. That's writing a negative story for no reason at all. We all, as fans, know Brendan is pissed of at the board. We all are. We still love Celtic. Brendan has said, god knows how many times, that he loves been at Celtic. He loves the team. He loves the fans. Sutton doesn't say that. He has a "but feeling" Brendan is unhappy at Celtic...I don't believe he is. I believe he is unhappy with the Board. Not unhappy being Celtic manager. A bit of balance from Sutton would be nice. Instead of pumping out constant negative shit. We have Boyd for that.

Good post. Hus ability to be truly happy is dependent upon being supported. If he isn’t he’s off. That’s the bottom line the board face in January.

I think he's definitely becoming a bit boring now. He's almost manufacturing stuff to be controversial. It doesn't suit him at all!

He does come out with some cracker wee digs during games: 'Rangers are going to struggle to catch Livingstone ...' ?

Members online

Latest posts

Back