Christiano Ronaldo

Winter

I've been blessed in my lifetime to have witnessed in the flesh some of the worlds greatest players to have ever played the game , either by way of seeing them play at CP, or working with the old rock steady that allowed me to be at the hampden champions league final to see 'that' zidane goal , Raul, ballack, pirlo, messi , xavi, iniesta, Larsson, del piero, neymar zlatan, joey Barton and many others thanks to Celtic, I'm sticking to non Celtic players bar Larsson or this will become a novel, however, of them all , and I know that it divides opinion on who's the best Chritiano Ronaldo is the one who stands above the rest for what hes achieved both domestically and internationally. And now at 35 years old and still doing it at juve I thought he deserves a mention on here to celebrate his latest incredible , unimaginable achievement. 100 goals for his country portugal 101 actually as he scored twice against a decent Sweden side. Ali daei of Iran being the only other player in the history of world football to have achieved it before he scored 109 I think it was. It's an unbelievable achievement and a true one at that as for me the number of balloon doors dont count that's others opinions. I put him above messi mainly because he has taken his national side and won a major honour with them and league titles in 3 of the best leagues in the world . Messi whist incredible also has done none of those 3 things , though granted hes done amazing things hes never won any league title outside of spain , Ronaldo has english Spanish and Italian messi has somewhere around 70 international goals , ronaldo 101, messi has no international winners medal and no sorry an olympic games gold medal,12 years ago cannot count. Ronaldo has won the euros with Portugal and both have numerous champions league winners medals and thats the reason why Ronaldo is tops for me and it was fantastic to see us beat him and his man utd buddies ar CP. Thanks to a certain wee Japanese guy who could score from 3 miles out but in all seriousness what a legend 2 the game

Last edited:
Best player ever to play the game IMO
I sometimes watch old dribbling videos and skill sets of famous old players.

I still rank Maradona as best player I ever seen on tv. Its hard to judge a players skill against another from different time/era.

I genuinely think the 70s football overall was much higher standard of passing and skills, perhaps the modern football (the actual ball I mean, the big giant bladder type that pre 70s players used must make skillset different) itself creates a different dimension.

I watched some of the pele videos but coz I never watched him in the moment I rate Maradona higher.

But if you watch some of the pele stuff

or the eusebio

or even puskas

then you see some awesome talent that if they played against modern players with modern equipment, I think they would give Ronaldo Messi good run for their money.

But my number 2 player is zidane

And some of the things Michael laudrup could do with most graceful elegance was right up there.

But even now when I watch old compilations the things Maradona could do with ball and so consistently I always get a funny wow feeling.

But the pele archives are pretty awesome too.

all these names and many more could do things with ball way beyond brilliant and often

for a few seasons he was unplayable, so fast, tricky, direct and balanced.

had he maintained his best level for longer I think he could well have been the all time best player.
Mourinho said he was the best player he'd worked with.Dont think ive ever seen a player so calm when one on one with a keeper ,few step overs and round the keeper every time.

I sometimes watch old dribbling videos and skill sets of famous old players.

I still rank Maradona as best player I ever seen on tv. Its hard to judge a players skill against another from different time/era.

I genuinely think the 70s football overall was much higher standard of passing and skills, perhaps the modern football (the actual ball I mean, the big giant bladder type that pre 70s players used must make skillset different) itself creates a different dimension.

I watched some of the pele videos but coz I never watched him in the moment I rate Maradona higher.

But if you watch some of the pele stuff

or the eusebio

or even puskas

then you see some awesome talent that if they played against modern players with modern equipment, I think they would give Ronaldo Messi good run for their money.

But my number 2 player is zidane

And some of the things Michael laudrup could do with most graceful elegance was right up there.

But even now when I watch old compilations the things Maradona could do with ball and so consistently I always get a funny wow feeling.

But the pele archives are pretty awesome too.

all these names and many more could do things with ball way beyond brilliant and often

Agree with all of that...the difference though with Ronaldo is that he has been on the top of his game for so long at the highest level and is consistent with nearly every game he plays

Agree with all of that...the difference though with Ronaldo is that he has been on the top of his game for so long at the highest level and is consistent with nearly every game he plays
I think Ronaldo is immense player

just doesn't make me wanna get round the back and try be him though

Im probably biased to Maradona cause I was right age for being impressed in 1986 world cup

against Belgium I think it was that I first really got the magic whenever he got ball.

had a Maradona been around now, I still think he would be better than all the rest.

He won stuff with Napoli, I liked that too, he was a one man team against some of the best players in world in italy

And he won stuff with napoli

World Cup was same

he wasn't in best Argentine side ever but he was that good he made the entire team much better.

messi and Ronaldo today have great teams around them

but Maradona could make even ordinary teams reach higher levels and most impressive he preferred the underdog sides

he might be a bit mental off pitch but on it he was my hero

:p

I think Ronaldo is immense player

just doesn't make me wanna get round the back and try be him though

Im probably biased to Maradona cause I was right age for being impressed in 1986 world cup

against Belgium I think it was that I first really got the magic whenever he got ball.

had a Maradona been around now, I still think he would be better than all the rest.

He won stuff with Napoli, I liked that too, he was a one man team against some of the best players in world in italy

And he won stuff with napoli

World Cup was same

he wasn't in best Argentine side ever but he was that good he made the entire team much better.

messi and Ronaldo today have great teams around them

but Maradona could make even ordinary teams reach higher levels and most impressive he preferred the underdog sides

he might be a bit mental off pitch but on it he was my hero

:p

Here in Portugal, every youngster aspires to be him and looks up to him...he is by far the most popular person in the country and could probably run for president and win..

If only Scotland had someone for the youth of its country To be a role model for them

Ps, have you watched Maradona in Mexico on netflix?? Guys off his nut!!

Members online

Latest posts

Back