Christiano Ronaldo

Here in Portugal, every youngster aspires to be him and looks up to him...he is by far the most popular person in the country and could probably run for president and win..

If only Scotland had someone for the youth of its country To be a role model for them

Ps, have you watched Maradona in Mexico on netflix?? Guys off his nut!!
How very dare you we huv Rab C Jack an Victor wee Janet Krankie and Walter Mcgonagle the scoatish deploriate laureate
Whit his Portugalas goat 🐐 mm

HH 😱

Absolutely on doubt in my mind, maradona was miles ahead of anyone I've ever seen play the game. He got zero protection from referees compared to nowadays. Every time he went out he got the shite kicked out of him and some of the pitches he played on, I've gathered spuds on better.
Yes he's a fuckin headcase, but they say there's a thin line between genius and lunatic. As georgie best proved also.
While Ronaldo and messi (who i rate second best) have more records, I've yet to see a player create as much excitement on the ball as maradona, plus some of the things he done with the ball was outrages. Add to that he scored a goal against England that wouldn't have been out of place in Croke park. What's not to love.

Absolutely on doubt in my mind, maradona was miles ahead of anyone I've ever seen play the game. He got zero protection from referees compared to nowadays. Every time he went out he got the shite kicked out of him and some of the pitches he played on, I've gathered spuds on better.
Yes he's a fuckin headcase, but they say there's a thin line between genius and lunatic. As georgie best proved also.
While Ronaldo and messi (who i rate second best) have more records, I've yet to see a player create as much excitement on the ball as maradona, plus some of the things he done with the ball was outrages. Add to that he scored a goal against England that wouldn't have been out of place in Croke park. What's not to love.
Seen Maradona at Hampden when he tore Scotland a new wan,think he was 18, he didnae get kicked though,nae fecker could get near enough! 🍺 🥳

Seen Maradona at Hampden when he tore Scotland a new wan,think he was 18, he didnae get kicked though,nae fecker could get near enough! 🍺 🥳
I haven't been lucky enough to see him play in the flesh md. I just think he was a bit like Mike Tyson in being very easily lead and surrounded himself with the wrong people. But think how good he could have been if he had to get good advice.
I read his book years ago, yo soy el Diego. He came from nothin like most South Americans. His mother would send him to the shop which was a mile from his home. He would take an orange leaving the house and would play keepie upi the whole way to shop, around the shop and the whole way home and the orange never hit the ground once. That was as a child. To me he was just a different level. I know he had drug problems and he played games coked up, but what would he have like without coke? Plus the Brits hate him, so I have to love him!

Maradona was a cheat, pure and simple, how many times did he got caught on the preforming enhancing drugs, 2-3 times, played most, if not all his career doped up, that’s why he played most his career in Italy, so much bribery and corruption goes on he could get away with it, so I totally rule him out, CR7 for me, wins games single handed with a poor team around him, Messi, needs a great team Around him to be effective, hence why Barcelona have been so poor and him wanting out

Maradona was a cheat, pure and simple, how many times did he got caught on the preforming enhancing drugs, 2-3 times, played most, if not all his career doped up, that’s why he played most his career in Italy, so much bribery and corruption goes on he could get away with it, so I totally rule him out, CR7 for me, wins games single handed with a poor team around him, Messi, needs a great team Around him to be effective, hence why Barcelona have been so poor and him wanting out
Man utd, Real Madrid and Juve are poor teams? 🍺 🥳

Cocaine aint performance enhancing BB and would you fuck with the Camorra?They owned him when he played for Napoli

Man utd, Real Madrid and Juve are poor teams? 🍺 🥳
It’s no secret that both man United and Real Madrid went into free fall when he left them and as for Juventus I couldn’t tell you another player in that team
Cocaine aint performance enhancing BB and would you fuck with the Camorra?They owned him when he played for Napoli
The feeling of intense euphoria, invincibility, stamina, it anit called Peruvian marching power for nothing, true, mafia “owned” him, and the also owned the drug testers, banned twice for 15 months each time, and the 3rd time while aged 36 playing for Bocca junior’s given a 3 year ban, which effectively ended his career, also found guilty of drug trafficking in Argentina got off lightly with a one year suspended sentence, because he’s a “hero” and still people defend him and look up to him, TOTAL waster, doesn’t deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of pele, CR7 Messi etc😡

What performance enhancing drugs was he caught on tell me? He was on coke which is a performance inhibitor. Read what Mike Tyson said about being off his head on coke. Buster Douglas slapped the fuckin head off him because he was off his head on coke. You might think you're invincible, but that's as near as you'll get to performance enhancing.
Returning to the original poster, who thought Ronaldo was the best, that's his opinion. But Ronaldo has flaws in his character too, and I know maradona was off his head on drugs, but I didn't know we were gonna judge people's footballing abilities on what they did off the field.
You say maradona shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as pele. Well I suggest you do your homework on pele, for he too was a complete coke head who was also fond of his hookers, but I'm not gonna judge him on that, because he was a good footballer. It's all about opinions.

Here in Portugal, every youngster aspires to be him and looks up to him...he is by far the most popular person in the country and could probably run for president and win..

If only Scotland had someone for the youth of its country To be a role model for them

Ps, have you watched Maradona in Mexico on netflix?? Guys off his nut!!
We have big Lindon

Ronaldo just lucky there aren't any other good players in Portugal :p

If im honest

if I had to pick an all time best 11 in 442

I dont think Ronaldo or Messi get a game very often

Had Eusebio been in this era with current balls and coaching I think he would be miles better than ronaldo

he has talent, just not the X factor

Neither does wee messi

they are more protected than older era quality players

defenders generally aren't very good in comparison

send Messi or Ronaldo back in time machine and let the body boys of athletics Madrid have some kung fu practise on them and if they can pass the test then ill be impressed

also give them the old style football and ordinary players as their supply and see how they get on

watch the old Maradona videos or pele

and see them regularly defy the laws of momentum with their movements balance and general quality.

Ronaldo for me aint even the best Man Utd player of all time for me

never mind greatest ever player

but its all opinions

and its hard to tell coz our current era is gash

worst football in my experience of game, this era

Maradona was a one man team but no matter what team he was in he played for team

I dont think the modern players are team players

everybody else must make them their focal point

Ronaldo is one of the best since 2000 maybe the best

but Im no even sure he is top 100 of all time, maybe

but stats aren't it for me

stats can be deceptive

depends on what your playing with and against

I cant imagine Ronaldo being good manager, he too busy looking at himself in mirror imo

he might get president coz thats way world is going

superficial headaches get the big jobs :p:p:p:p

It is impossible to compare footballers from different eras, but yet it really is so much fun. Pele was long considered to be the greatest yet when he was playing many Brazilian fans reminisced about better players before him.

De Stefano was often believed to be the best, then when I was a young lad the brilliant Dutch team were incredible (seeing Cruyff, Neeskins, etc in COLOUR at my Grandad's for the 1974 final was amazing).

Although Maradona was my era, I never really loved him but did love watching him play. Zidane was fanstastic, Ronaldo & Ronaldinho were brilliant but relatively short lived at their peaks.

Then the reigns of CR7 and Messi which have been so impressive for the longevity at such consistently high levels. Although our personal favourites are subjective and dependent on our biases, we will look back with pleasure at having seen these two brilliant artists/athletes push each other to new heights of achievement.

And the beauty about this kind of debate is that we all believe we are right and can never actually be proved wrong!

It is impossible to compare footballers from different eras, but yet it really is so much fun. Pele was long considered to be the greatest yet when he was playing many Brazilian fans reminisced about better players before him.

De Stefano was often believed to be the best, then when I was a young lad the brilliant Dutch team were incredible (seeing Cruyff, Neeskins, etc in COLOUR at my Grandad's for the 1974 final was amazing).

Although Maradona was my era, I never really loved him but did love watching him play. Zidane was fanstastic, Ronaldo & Ronaldinho were brilliant but relatively short lived at their peaks.

Then the reigns of CR7 and Messi which have been so impressive for the longevity at such consistently high levels. Although our personal favourites are subjective and dependent on our biases, we will look back with pleasure at having seen these two brilliant artists/athletes push each other to new heights of achievement.

And the beauty about this kind of debate is that we all believe we are right and can never actually be proved wrong!
I suspect Messi would have been an excellent bell ringer 700 years ago.

that bell ringer is really good who is it.

thats wee Messi was rotten at everything else but ringing bells he the man :p

Messi for me, much better team player overall (maybe not of late) scored so many goals when no right to whatsoever. More skillful than Ronaldo in my opinion but wouldn't have liked to play against either. Can't really make comparisons between now and olden days with how different the way the game has changed but Pele surely has to be the best ambassador for the game of all time

"Pelé’s electrifying play and penchant for scoring spectacular goals made him a star around the world. He led Brazil to three World Cup football (soccer) championships (1958, 1962, and 1970). He scored 12 goals in World Cup play and tallied more than 1,000 goals in first-class matches. "

Was forbidden by an act of the Brazilian government, forbidding him to sign for club outside of Brazil!

"Pelé’s electrifying play and penchant for scoring spectacular goals made him a star around the world. He led Brazil to three World Cup football (soccer) championships (1958, 1962, and 1970). He scored 12 goals in World Cup play and tallied more than 1,000 goals in first-class matches. "

Was forbidden by an act of the Brazilian government, forbidding him to sign for club outside of Brazil!
Never knew that as it would have been great to see how he would have done against some of them butchers on a shit heap of a pitch were grass was a luxury

Back