Christiano Ronaldo

"Pelé’s electrifying play and penchant for scoring spectacular goals made him a star around the world. He led Brazil to three World Cup football (soccer) championships (1958, 1962, and 1970). He scored 12 goals in World Cup play and tallied more than 1,000 goals in first-class matches. "

Was forbidden by an act of the Brazilian government, forbidding him to sign for club outside of Brazil!
but the government also gave him the highest wage in football ever paid up to that era.

he wanted to stay

they wanted him to stay

they made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

And the horse head wasn't even needed :p

Never knew that as it would have been great to see how he would have done against some of them butchers on a shit heap of a pitch were grass was a luxury
He played on shit pitches John, wi' yon heavy auld bladder baws,his balance was so good he could ride a tackle,seen him at Hampden,1-1 draw (Stevie Chalmers scored for Scotland), Billy Bremner set the template,how to deal with Pele,he booted him all over the pitch.
He was injured going into the 66 world cup,and was carried off after, ah think, Brazil's second game, and Brazil's hopes of winning a third successive world cup went with him,however in 1970 he was back with a bang,the final was one of the most memorable ever,
humping a fine Italian team 4-1 and Pele was sublime! 🍺 🥳

Yeah even Roy Keane praised last night
He’s a genius
We all know RK speaks his mind
Don’t know if this is true my mate swears
by it, when Ashley Young signed for
Man Utd he said something like
The only way he should be weaning a
Man Utd tap was to go n fking
buy one..😀

Back to Ronaldo he came across
Like a ok guy in an interview with
Piers Morgan,
when they show him unseen footage
of his dad 27 minute n he was looking for a
women called Edna who gave him n his wee
Pals left over burgers fae McDonald’s
13 minutes. Google it.. how things change
HH

He played on shit pitches John, wi' yon heavy auld bladder baws,his balance was so good he could ride a tackle,seen him at Hampden,1-1 draw (Stevie Chalmers scored for Scotland), Billy Bremner set the template,how to deal with Pele,he booted him all over the pitch.
He was injured going into the 66 world cup,and was carried off after, ah think, Brazil's second game, and Brazil's hopes of winning a third successive world cup went with him,however in 1970 he was back with a bang,the final was one of the most memorable ever,
humping a fine Italian team 4-1 and Pele was sublime! 🍺 🥳
Remember seeing the highlights shame that dummy on the keeper never went in pure class

Ronaldinho for me.
Didn't give a fuck about the fame. It was just football. Drifted in and out of superstar criteria. Simply put... He just didn't have the ego to drive him.
Let's not fuck about here. Watch this guys hilights and he simply is one of the best of all time if not the best.
As a full brand leader then CR gets it.
As a a guy that had to carry a club ...split hairs between Messi and the above.
Messi had to deal with the fall and retirement of the juiced up cycle bank Spanish players retiring more than ronaldo did with his galactio stream.
It's still one of the biggest under the carpet football scams of all time. Too big to strip WC and leauge titles.
Is what it is.

Both of them were part of it and that period of dominance.
We all watched some great football.

As far as instinctive blind play the wee Argentinean gets it. As far as a tank of a pro ronaldo does.

Both were super duper doped.

Maradona was haha. Pele possibly

I will credit both those boys.
Tallent skill drive agro arrogance and everything else.
Legends I've been privileged to watch.

Best of all is those lads have, by natural selection havent, and consistently havent given our favourite petulant wee rat a sniff.

Neymar the little bitch, as he should be considered , they kept him well away from the ballon' d Or

Now the young lads coming through are better.

Lol. Fuck'im. Twat

Joey Barton 😂😂😂 and I take it you meant Italian instead of German....just pointing it out before someone else does. Ronaldinho for me though.
Aye I corrected the mistake haha and Barton was the best player Scotland has ever seen (he said before he arrived and then left humiliated) I was disappointed that he left for the joy of watching him getting the runaround from not just broony but all quarters was great so in that sense of great hes in 😂😂

I think Ronaldo is immense player

just doesn't make me wanna get round the back and try be him though

Im probably biased to Maradona cause I was right age for being impressed in 1986 world cup

against Belgium I think it was that I first really got the magic whenever he got ball.

had a Maradona been around now, I still think he would be better than all the rest.

He won stuff with Napoli, I liked that too, he was a one man team against some of the best players in world in italy

And he won stuff with napoli

World Cup was same

he wasn't in best Argentine side ever but he was that good he made the entire team much better.

messi and Ronaldo today have great teams around them

but Maradona could make even ordinary teams reach higher levels and most impressive he preferred the underdog sides

he might be a bit mental off pitch but on it he was my hero

:p
Maradona was also my fitba hero growing up and there was the added intense tension of the whole Argentine/british war that made him even more the superstar and the hand of God moment all added to his aura. His solo effort against England for me like you just the right age to adulate and adore was just simply breathtaking to watch this wee solid stocky guy dribble past practically the whole England side (and they were some side also) and the ball was bobbling up and down on the uneven turf seemingly glued to his feet , I'd never seen anything like that and it was the whole world willing him on also due no doubts to the Falklands war he made great players look amateurish as he strolled past , it has to be one of fitba's greatest moments, transcending the game because it was against England, spectacular.

Seen Maradona at Hampden when he tore Scotland a new wan,think he was 18, he didnae get kicked though,nae fecker could get near enough! 🍺 🥳
I remember the second time he was at hampden as manager of Argentina and how disappointed I was not to have made it to the game a plucky Scotland were given the runaround and butcher was a brass neck , wouldnt congratulate him at the end still sick as a parrot and still is 😂

I should add that this wasnt me saying that Ronaldo is the greatest player of all time though hes one of them without doubt. My point was to acknowledge the achievements of Ronaldo. I've always believed that you cannot name a best of all time player because of different era's and how the game has changed so much even in just the last 2 decades the conditions arent equal and it's unfair to players with the changes in the game technological advances also dont permit a fair comparison for say Maradona to messi the conditions are so very different. I remember thinking as I watched Raul score his 50th champions league goal in the mid noughties that perhaps his achievements would never be equalled and this was before spain emerged onto the big time truly as before that spain always under achieved. How ironic and fitting that when Raul left Madrid it was Ronaldo, world record signing who took his place and wow to follow up Raul and better the honours was amazing itself. I wish messi had played for more than just Barcelona so we could have seen him out with that squad and seen how he got on. Ronaldo ticks that box for achieving in different countries although he failed at CP with man utd lol☘I recall Larsson a few years ago saying Ronaldinho was the best player he had ever played with and thought high praise indeed , Ronaldinho lit up the stadium when he played with that smile, those teeth , he was laughing and dancing as he ran riot over the opposition and always brought a smile to my face. Brazilian Ronaldo breaking the Fontaine world cup scoring record and klose then breaking it again were also great moments. I would say klose is nowhere near the best ever player list but he just couldn't stop scoring. If I'm forced to pick one its Maradona purely for the 'awe' factor that he brought and Ronaldo has that about him as well both took pretty average national sides and dragged them into legendary status, messi and pele were surrounded by other incredible players for teammates who didnt require inspiration as they were already inspirational themselves top 3 I'll go
1. Maradona
2. Ronaldinho
3. Ronaldo ( the Portuguese one the Brazilian one was something else too and I've only mentioned zidane twice now and that's why I think you cant pick fairly 'the best '

"Theres only some Joey Bartons"
I'm gony go up to Scotland and show everyone in the country just how good I am, I'll be the best player in the division by a mile just watch me go ............and comeback a leg-end but dont anybody underestimate just how gifted teams like Hamilton Academical are, especially when I'm playing against them

Last edited:
Back