Close season so its time for a transfer thread......

One good game against the huns and that was it
Could he improve if we had a better coaching set up?

Remember thinking after that game even Bolingoli gets pass marks ..but overall this guy has no idea of how to defend and his positional sense of what's coming in behind him continually draws our centre half out to his flank ..his distribution is also poor ...I could go on. I don't think coaching is the problem here ..more to do with ability.

Watched him against Lazio mate and that was enough for me ,let their fullback get in behind him every time ,how hard is it to track the runner?You shouldnt need coaching for that ,the guys awareness is non existant.
I know TS, but you look at how the squad was formed, Taylor suited for the 4 at the back, boli more so if you go 3 with the wing backs.
Fine in theory, but a lack of tactical awareness from lenny and JK will hardly get the best out of players.
The full back roles were truly appalling last season and another area I would expect big improvements in, hopefully with new players.

Its compulsory for BBC North Britain Sports- ye can only work them if ye have cheated Scottish football and the taxman.
The current EBT Hun presenter nearly killed John McGinn (St Mirren days) when he speared him with a spiked pole. Came within 1cm of McGinns femoral artery.

Its compulsory for BBC North Britain Sports- ye can only work them if ye have cheated Scottish football and the taxman.
The current EBT Hun presenter nearly killed John McGinn (St Mirren days) when he speared him with a spiked pole. Came within 1cm of McGinns femoral artery.
Is that not just a wee bit of banter, Richy?

Na BB- It really happened. Stephen Thompson threw a spiked pole. The ones for dribbling in and out of during training. Thompson threw one and it accidentally speared John McGinn in the thigh. I read an interview with McGinn in the Guardian last week. He said it shocked him when he was told he came within a cm of possibly bleeding to death if it had pierced his artery. This was at St Mirren.

Last edited:
Na BB- It really happened. Stephen Thompson threw a spiked pole. The ones for dribbling in and out of during training. Thompson threw one and it accidentally speared John McGinn in the thigh. I read an interview with McGinn in the Guardian last week. He said it shocked him when he was told he came within a cm of possibly bleeding to death if it had pierced his artery. This was at St Mirren.
Didnae know they sold the guardian in Dundee 😆

"Ange Postecoglou's Celtic revolution is well and truly underway and it seems he could have his eyes fixed on the Portuguese market in the shape of Alberth Elis."

AG we have already been linked with nearly every player that's laced up a pair of football boots and that includes a few women at this stage

Pre Season training starts today, no new signings, manager stuck in a hotel room for another week, no word on his backroom team, no word on Sporting Director, Head of Recruitment or what our B team will look like (Lowland League starts in 3 weeks). Meanwhile the board have gone into full blackmail mode with season ticket renewals.

Of the players linked so far only the 2 Aussies (Mat Ryan and Aaron Mooy) look like they would come in and immediately improve us, and neither signing likely due to wage demands.
The Japanese boys we've been linked with are interesting but would need time to adapt and settle, Sviatchenko just shows we have no scouting set up.
The rumoured interest in Charlie Wyke you would pray is a load of crap put into the press by an agent, if its true then we are truly fecked.

Going for the scatter gun approach ,,,,feck who am i kidding there's no urgency ,no communication apart from gimme yer money, this just goes to show the one person stepping down had full control of every area of the club

Either that or everyones stoned and still thinks it's april

Could he improve if we had a better coaching set up?
I dont think he has it in him.
Goes all the way back to his hilights when we were all saying "can he defend?" Wasnt one tackle in his reel. Mibi one...
He is able to run like a man possessed, dribbling and having a go. Looks good one in ten times. The other 9 its simple closing of angles or pushing him out a bit and he doesnt have the brain to make the right call. Taylor just shites a brick and squares it or passes back.

If i remember right BR and the scouting had eyes on a lb from italy for about 9m and it wasnt backed.
Boli was the punt.

boli/taylor Both cant cross. Both didnt have a consistent left winger infront of them either. We seemed fixated on LAM and RAMs to do the job. Always want to drift in. Never going to stretch teams that way. With pish fullbacks. We didnt.

For the covid breach. Sorry but this lad set the tone. Whittled the cane we were to be thrashed with for the whole season. He put a target on our backs that we simply couldnt shift.

Dont really care if he is a scapegoat.
He literally had to have a motm performance to get pass marks. Never the type of player to put in consistent 6 or 7s out of 10 if you use that system.

If he cant do that then he isnt first 11.

From what is reported the guy is on 15k a week. Thats higher than a fair chunk of our squad.

Has he ever been better than most of our squad? No.

Terminate his contract.

Pre Season training starts today, no new signings, manager stuck in a hotel room for another week, no word on his backroom team, no word on Sporting Director, Head of Recruitment or what our B team will look like (Lowland League starts in 3 weeks). Meanwhile the board have gone into full blackmail mode with season ticket renewals.

Of the players linked so far only the 2 Aussies (Mat Ryan and Aaron Mooy) look like they would come in and immediately improve us, and neither signing likely due to wage demands.
The Japanese boys we've been linked with are interesting but would need time to adapt and settle, Sviatchenko just shows we have no scouting set up.
The rumoured interest in Charlie Wyke you would pray is a load of crap put into the press by an agent, if its true then we are truly fecked.
Ange is just in. Howe to my knowledge had a raft of frees that were going to follow him up. Probably had a list of recommendations. Id say he probably had a budget.
My fear is Ange, given his position and the circumstances of his hire wont have access to the same funds. Pulled from the city group so he is already in the network PL and his boy thrived in.

Need to start seeing a bit of dough flying. Markers have to put down quickly.
Any well drilled team will cause us nightmares in qualifying unless we make swift moves to lift the squad and support

He's also had a bad injury so maybe that's why he's on his way back?
We would of taken less than 1m for him. Him moving there, injury or not was us getting him off the wage bill.
Even player thats injured and recovering, that had something about them you would roll the dice if the fee was buttons. Boli, for them wasnt worth it. Not deemed good enough as a squad player id go as far as suggesting. No surprises

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back