Close season so its time for a transfer thread......

If Frimpong was worth 11million how much should we be asking for Ajer ???? Surely more than the miserly 8million Newcastle are supposedly offering.
I say the bidding should start at 15million. What day you bhoys and ghirls..........
Very hard to think about transfers weedocbhoy with the current shitshow surrounding a manager.
Looking at the Hendy situation today would make you think that players will be wanting out of the club as quickly as possible, and potentially with another 8M loss.
No doubt our players value have dropped alarming and our 2 main assets might only bring in 25M which would be scandalous, but worse might be if they stay and leave for nothing which could result in a huge signing on fee for themselves elsewhere and we get nothing.
Until this mess surrounding a manager gets resolved can't see any players feeling comfortable about wanting to join us

I think Ajer will stay....do a Petrov, sign a new deal and fuck off next summer

Signings??

How long is a piece of string?

Still there is light at the end of the tunnel, that orange tnuc Peter imperfect will be gone. HH

If Frimpong was worth 11million how much should we be asking for Ajer ???? Surely more than the miserly 8million Newcastle are supposedly offering.
I say the bidding should start at 15million. What day you bhoys and ghirls..........
Ajer should be looking for a better team than Newcastle. Seen a story that Bayer Leverkusen are interested in him, that would be a better move. He would be better staying with us another season, let his contract expire next summer and have a larger choice of clubs, and bigger money to him, as a free agent.
In terms of signings, who makes them? We need a dozen players, minimum, 20 days until pre season starts, 7 weeks until first CL qualifier.

Ajer should be looking for a better team than Newcastle. Seen a story that Bayer Leverkusen are interested in him, that would be a better move. He would be better staying with us another season, let his contract expire next summer and have a larger choice of clubs, and bigger money to him, as a free agent.
In terms of signings, who makes them? We need a dozen players, minimum, 20 days until pre season starts, 7 weeks until first CL qualifier.
Agreed Gary the situation with Ajer and eddy would be financially better for themselves and worse for us.
Could we also have another situation of players not giving too hoots about the club and only really interested in there own personal financial gain? Can't see the club investing properly if no real income from player sells aren't forthcoming, so could be a stand off situation where the player holding the stronger cards as there still young enough to do so

Bayer Leverkusen are reportedly leading the chase for the signature of Celtic defender Kristoffer Ajer this summer.
The Newcastle-based Northern Echo report that the Bundesliga side are “increasingly confident” of beating Steve Bruce’s side to the summer transfer of the Norwegian.
They note that Steve Bruce had hoped to conclude a deal for the Norwegian before other clubs could step up their interest.
Ajer is among the players who look set to leave Parkhead with just a year left on his current deal.

What about Wayne Hennessy as goalkeeper, a free from Palace and at 34 can't see wages being to high and still a Welsh international

No fecken way, NEVER a Thursday, always a Friday
I get my wee bams on a Friday till Sunday so my nights tonight
Im also avoiding being drunk tomorrow night watching the game
Might actually get into it a bit and start spouting about orange this n that 🙄
New Neighbours think I’m ok up to now
Slyly get the kids dressed for ‘Sunday mass’ even though we’re only on a mission tae steal hub caps 🙈

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Back