Close season so its time for a transfer thread......

One good game against the huns and that was it
Even a broken clock.....
Remember thinking after that game even Bolingoli gets pass marks ..but overall this guy has no idea of how to defend and his positional sense of what's coming in behind him continually draws our centre half out to his flank ..his distribution is also poor ...I could go on. I don't think coaching is the problem here ..more to do with ability.
or lack of...

"Celtic have registered their interest In Brighton goalkeeper Mat Ryan, according to reports.

Australian outlet FTBL report that Celtic officially begun talks to sign Ryan this week and are willing to pay between £3-5 million for the goalkeeper.

The 29-year-old has just one year remaining on his contract and spent time on loan at Arsenal last term.

However, it is claimed Mikel Arteta is now looking at other options."

--- outsiders perspective, I think 3-5 million pounds can be spent elsewhere. I think Ange can bring the best out of Barkas and fulfil the role that Ange's goalkeepers usually perform.

"Celtic have registered their interest In Brighton goalkeeper Mat Ryan, according to reports.

Australian outlet FTBL report that Celtic officially begun talks to sign Ryan this week and are willing to pay between £3-5 million for the goalkeeper.

The 29-year-old has just one year remaining on his contract and spent time on loan at Arsenal last term.

However, it is claimed Mikel Arteta is now looking at other options."

--- outsiders perspective, I think 3-5 million pounds can be spent elsewhere. I think Ange can bring the best out of Barkas and fulfil the role that Ange's goalkeepers usually perform.
Sorry lad, i think we have seen the "best" of Barkas, we have seen enough. Nowhere near good enough and we cant afford another, trial and error period, to see if he improves. IMO.

"Celtic have made an enquiry about signing Riccieli Eduardo da Silva Junior from F.C. Famalicão, according to a report from Celtic Now and Forever. The report claims that the club have made contact with the price tag of £1m expected to interest Ange Postecoglou, who is looking for a number of defensive recruitments in this transfer window."

BRISTOL City are ready to pay Oxford United's asking price for Rob Atkinson amid potential competition from Celtic, according to reports.

The Sky Bet Championship side are thought to be willing to spend £1.6million to bring in the U's centre back, says The Sun on Sunday.

But the newspaper also claims Celtic are interested in the 22-year-old, with the Scottish giants in danger of losing defender Kristoffer Ajer.
Atkinson is thought to be one of City's top transfer targets after an impressive breakthrough campaign.

BRISTOL City are ready to pay Oxford United's asking price for Rob Atkinson amid potential competition from Celtic, according to reports.

The Sky Bet Championship side are thought to be willing to spend £1.6million to bring in the U's centre back, says The Sun on Sunday.

But the newspaper also claims Celtic are interested in the 22-year-old, with the Scottish giants in danger of losing defender Kristoffer Ajer.
Atkinson is thought to be one of City's top transfer targets after an impressive breakthrough campaign.
Just be nice to get in a signing at this stage Gary.
Always look forward to see what a new player can bring, even though we have been in short supply of late.
Any potential Asian imports needs to be done quickly to give them a fair chance to settle into new surroundings as they won't get to much time among our supporters with the demands expected

Ao Tanaka in 'overseas offer' as Celtic linked midfielder stays behind after Ange Postecoglou speculation

Then we'll be able to sing...
A...O... Let's go.
Oh shit naw we canny, slippy said that didn't he.
If he scored a goal we could do it as a piss take.

Anthony Ralston given one year contract extension🤬
Interesting development Gary.
Never realised Ralston was still only 22, even so with Jon Jo being so muck last season, I thought Ralston must be totally rank altogether or was it more likely JK wouldn't give him an opportunity?
Surprised he signed for an extra year with JK still in the ranks, so now if he can't make an impression under Ange, I don't believe he ever will for us.

Nesbit would cost £3m+, we'll not spend that on anyone this summer. Expecting a massive down sizing operation. Signings will be cheap punts, frees and loan
Let's hope we don't get any more Ntcham style 'buys', you know spend 4.5m then let them go for fuck all cos they down tools and have a year left on their contract, truly was a motherfukker him. The Edouard situation is coming close to that too.
Or how about signing a 2m 'loan' for a Duffy type deal, and pay his inflated EPL wages!
Aye, great business Mr Lawwell, you made sure you were Paidwell didn't you.
Dom needs to be wee bit more canny. Let
Ange pick his targets, then Dom does the deal.
How many other PL signings have lost money? Plenty.

Nesbit would cost £3m+, we'll not spend that on anyone this summer. Expecting a massive down sizing operation. Signings will be cheap punts, frees and loans.
Were still unsure on what type of system Ange will like to play yet Gary and still no idea as we still got no one in through the door yet.
Watching the euros, it seems the preferred option is a 5 at the back without the ball switching to the 3 with it.
Still believe it is our best option, especially with the current players we have.
Could Henderson right and say Luca /boli /Shaw/Monty /Taylor on the left, allowing Welsh, Jules and Bitton to tighten up and defend crosses better and not to be so open to the ball played into the channels with less space to pick out them passes.
That still allows us Forrest, Soro, calmac to provide cover for the defence and Forrest right, calmac left, Turnbull Centre to break quickly when in possession.
Of course a target man would be a must, who can actually hold up play and bring others into play, so still Ajeti, Bayo and maybe griff available to do such a job.
Work rate and speed of using the ball would be key, things we are led to believe Ange depends upon.
We still might have the bare bones of a system of play but a lack of cover remains a concern.
Would be very disappointed if we ever dip back into the loan market again as I still believed we used that policy to unsettle the changing room.
The modern game calls upon flexibility, something we never showed last season as we became so obvious in our play and never addressed our weeknesses.
Still think extra quality can be provided to give better completion for places, but until Ange has decided upon how we wants to play, we are still none the wiser on what players may suit him.
So this nonsense about being linked with every player under the sun is just that at the moment.
The acid test still remains unknown as to weather the players will buy into his ways, but with a more defined way of how he would like the team set up has to be a step in the right direction for once.

"Celtic have made an enquiry about signing Riccieli Eduardo da Silva Junior from F.C. Famalicão, according to a report from Celtic Now and Forever. The report claims that the club have made contact with the price tag of £1m expected to interest Ange Postecoglou, who is looking for a number of defensive recruitments in this transfer window."

they get more wrong than right

Interesting development Gary.
Never realised Ralston was still only 22, even so with Jon Jo being so muck last season, I thought Ralston must be totally rank altogether or was it more likely JK wouldn't give him an opportunity?
Surprised he signed for an extra year with JK still in the ranks, so now if he can't make an impression under Ange, I don't believe he ever will for us.
Wonder who is actualy handing out the contracts and targeting players i doubt in the time frame that the new fella has went round the bargain basements as quick

Ralstons had his chance he just dosen't have it even as back up theres so much lacking in his game and one good cross shouldn't earn you a contract

Let's hope we don't get any more Ntcham style 'buys', you know spend 4.5m then let them go for fuck all cos they down tools and have a year left on their contract, truly was a motherfukker him. The Edouard situation is coming close to that too.
Or how about signing a 2m 'loan' for a Duffy type deal, and pay his inflated EPL wages!
Aye, great business Mr Lawwell, you made sure you were Paidwell didn't you.
Dom needs to be wee bit more canny. Let
Ange pick his targets, then Dom does the deal.
How many other PL signings have lost money? Plenty.
anyone else think they're just going through old targets we looked at ,instead of like any real scouting

I dont think he has it in him.
Goes all the way back to his hilights when we were all saying "can he defend?" Wasnt one tackle in his reel. Mibi one...
He is able to run like a man possessed, dribbling and having a go. Looks good one in ten times. The other 9 its simple closing of angles or pushing him out a bit and he doesnt have the brain to make the right call. Taylor just shites a brick and squares it or passes back.

If i remember right BR and the scouting had eyes on a lb from italy for about 9m and it wasnt backed.
Boli was the punt.

boli/taylor Both cant cross. Both didnt have a consistent left winger infront of them either. We seemed fixated on LAM and RAMs to do the job. Always want to drift in. Never going to stretch teams that way. With pish fullbacks. We didnt.

For the covid breach. Sorry but this lad set the tone. Whittled the cane we were to be thrashed with for the whole season. He put a target on our backs that we simply couldnt shift.

Dont really care if he is a scapegoat.
He literally had to have a motm performance to get pass marks. Never the type of player to put in consistent 6 or 7s out of 10 if you use that system.

If he cant do that then he isnt first 11.

From what is reported the guy is on 15k a week. Thats higher than a fair chunk of our squad.

Has he ever been better than most of our squad? No.

Terminate his contract.
The guy from Italy was castange a cracking player that brendan took to Leicester he's been a cracking singing for them another one we didnae want to pay the dough for that actually was cheap a la toney🤬

Members online

No members online now.

Back