Close season so its time for a transfer thread......

Baldock and Mooy linked this morning.
Mooy would be a great signing, seen quite a lot of him at Huddersfield and always liked him.
Baldock on the other hand, not sure. Again seen a lot of him at Sheff Utd, he is a wingback rather than a full back, runs all day long but defensively not great and whilst he gets into good positions out wide in attack his final ball is erratic. Maybe improved in last couple of years as when I watched Sheff Utd they were League One and Championship. He is a massive upgrade on what we have and if we could bring in a young RB before window closes then that would make Baldock a decent short term (a couple of seasons) signing.
Potential good news Gary.
As much as I've enjoyed this window and already bought in players who I believe will be great additions to us along with some very promising youngsters coming through, I still have huge worries about ending up with far to big of a squad like last season.
We are still in transition period for which Ange did inherit, but we are still currently overloaded with players with still a few positions that need urgent attention.
For instance, goalkeeper.
Think we all would prefer to get a replacement in after Tuesday, yet what are we meant to do with the 3 we have currently on the books? Even hazard, lowland league is some come down from saving penalties for the quad treble. Barkas can go, but where to? With the current contract he's on.
Still the likes of boli and Ntcham around who I can't see having any future roles with us, yet we can't seem to get rid of them either.
For every new signing that arrives spells less of an opportunity available for the youngsters, so trying to keep them happy with only very limited opportunities of any real game time is also no easy task either.
Say Ange sticks with the 2CH, now we potentially have Welsh, starfelt, Jules, Murray, Leo, big O, without Bitton, who now needs to join the get out list imo.
I hope we still can bring in a couple of more, and believe with the cash surplus available there will be a demand from the supporters to do so, but in return we run the danger of still having way to many unhappy players around the club, who can cause nothing but hardship and yet we have to pay them all the same for nothing in return.
A very delicate situation arises and would feel more comfortable at this stage seeing some of the unwanted moved out more so than the desire to bring new in, yet time is against us for getting the new in.
Still a tricky balancing act is in play.

Potential good news Gary.
As much as I've enjoyed this window and already bought in players who I believe will be great additions to us along with some very promising youngsters coming through, I still have huge worries about ending up with far to big of a squad like last season.
We are still in transition period for which Ange did inherit, but we are still currently overloaded with players with still a few positions that need urgent attention.
For instance, goalkeeper.
Think we all would prefer to get a replacement in after Tuesday, yet what are we meant to do with the 3 we have currently on the books? Even hazard, lowland league is some come down from saving penalties for the quad treble. Barkas can go, but where to? With the current contract he's on.
Still the likes of boli and Ntcham around who I can't see having any future roles with us, yet we can't seem to get rid of them either.
For every new signing that arrives spells less of an opportunity available for the youngsters, so trying to keep them happy with only very limited opportunities of any real game time is also no easy task either.
Say Ange sticks with the 2CH, now we potentially have Welsh, starfelt, Jules, Murray, Leo, big O, without Bitton, who now needs to join the get out list imo.
I hope we still can bring in a couple of more, and believe with the cash surplus available there will be a demand from the supporters to do so, but in return we run the danger of still having way to many unhappy players around the club, who can cause nothing but hardship and yet we have to pay them all the same for nothing in return.
A very delicate situation arises and would feel more comfortable at this stage seeing some of the unwanted moved out more so than the desire to bring new in, yet time is against us for getting the new in.
Still a tricky balancing act is in play.
The truth is that if you have a player on the books for long enough then he'll end up being played at some point. This is a worry when they are downright duds.

Rumours were shopping in Russia for this guy

Vyacheslav Karavaev.

guy who was first with the Turnbull rumour quoting it £7m

It could be we’re going to spend a fair bit in the near future.....this will force Sevco to spend too....and we all know the laundry is working overtime there.....there may be a cunning plan afoot by Mr McKay...

Barkas is fucking history in my head. How he couldn't make the most basic save the other night was the final straw. I just hope AP doesn't go with some shared Greek heritage loyalty and gives him another shot. I'd have hazzard before him or Bain, who's distribution is woeful.
Ffs there must be someone out there wanting to make a name for himself.

It could be we’re going to spend a fair bit in the near future.....this will force Sevco to spend too....and we all know the laundry is working overtime there.....there may be a cunning plan afoot by Mr McKay...
Don't think there's many skid marks needing washed

Members online

Latest posts

Back