Close season so its time for a transfer thread......

Reading there seems plenty of interest in Leo hjelde this morning and it's an area now that is of great concern as a club going forward and needs to be addressed imo.
Now Leo, with the likes of hazard, Henderson, Luca, Dembele etc etc still may be short for making the 1st team squad this season still, so how are we meant to keep there interest with such a lack of game time available?
Lowland league, my arse, as for many I believe, this would be like a form of demotion.
No reserve league available as to many clubs still struggle just to form one squad, no chance of forming 2.
Use the loan system for clubs to get these players for nothing why we pay them, they benefit, then quite happily vote against us if any plans are trying to be put in place to help expand Scottish football for the better with us playing a 2nd team within the league.
Think time has come to tell the Scottish FA to fuck off and apply to the English FA and see if its possible for us to join the u23 league.
Without putting something in place leaves all our potential young talent to be poached as the Scottish league offers them fuck all in terms of development, a shocking and disgusting state of affairs in the modern era of football.
Depriving a youngsters a proper chance to succeed is the shame and disgrace of the Scottish FA and its about time we made a stand against such a shower of bastards and the diddy clubs that support them.
It still remains a very proud tradition within our club, that is slowly been taken away from us and will continue to do so, unless we start making a stand against the shower of shite.
Rant over, now over to you DOM

I'm surprised we were not linked with another Israeli player. Their bald headed right back (can't remember his name) impressed me in all those games against Scotland the last couple of years. He'd probably be very affordable to us as well.

Reading there seems plenty of interest in Leo hjelde this morning and it's an area now that is of great concern as a club going forward and needs to be addressed imo.
Now Leo, with the likes of hazard, Henderson, Luca, Dembele etc etc still may be short for making the 1st team squad this season still, so how are we meant to keep there interest with such a lack of game time available?
Lowland league, my arse, as for many I believe, this would be like a form of demotion.
No reserve league available as to many clubs still struggle just to form one squad, no chance of forming 2.
Use the loan system for clubs to get these players for nothing why we pay them, they benefit, then quite happily vote against us if any plans are trying to be put in place to help expand Scottish football for the better with us playing a 2nd team within the league.
Think time has come to tell the Scottish FA to fuck off and apply to the English FA and see if its possible for us to join the u23 league.
Without putting something in place leaves all our potential young talent to be poached as the Scottish league offers them fuck all in terms of development, a shocking and disgusting state of affairs in the modern era of football.
Depriving a youngsters a proper chance to succeed is the shame and disgrace of the Scottish FA and its about time we made a stand against such a shower of bastards and the diddy clubs that support them.
It still remains a very proud tradition within our club, that is slowly been taken away from us and will continue to do so, unless we start making a stand against the shower of shite.
Rant over, now over to you DOM
Watching the game this morning and heard "Oko-Flex...and it's a goal !!"
I didn't realise he'd gone to West Ham :rolleyes:
He's showing what he's capable of, playing for a Premier League team, someone has to stop the raid of our young talent

He's showing what he's capable of, playing for a Premier League team, someone has to stop the raid of our young talent
Signing Okoflex was a big thing for us as he was so highly thought of at Arsenal but sadly like so many others he was wasted and never given a chance. It is disgraceful how we mucked about with so many of these types of players! It was Lennon and then Kennedy's big failing (apart from chucking 10IAR without a fight) in my eyes.

Last edited:
It comes down to avaliable opportunities DILLIGAF to progress and develop, in Scotland there is none whatsoever.
We have to use a loan system to gain them game time and match practice, and at a far lower level than we expect them to play at for us.
With no 2nd team playing in the manner the 1st team does, then we might as well say we have got no development whatsoever, which is just scandalous and has to be addressed.
As things stand, younger players will not be bothered to sign in future as there development will not materialise in a way where we can benifit, so no end of money is going to have to be found each season for players, putting at risk the whole Scottish league.
The game in Scotland needs to be restructured to give younger players a better chance within the game, a fact that the Scottish FA continues to ignore with the help of diddy club's who are good for fuck all.

Signing Okoflex was a big thing for us as he was so highly thought of at Arsenal but sadly like do many others he was wasted snd never given a chance. It is disgraceful how we mucked about with so many of these types of players! It was Lennon and then Kennedy's big failing (apart from chucking 10IAR without a fight) in my eyes.
Would say its nearly impossible to keep a youngster focused and enjoying his trade with such a lack of matches to play in BB

I just wonder if he has the pace to play the fast pressing game Ange wants the team to play...
Know what yours saying imatim but what does our ange want? Keeper , full back , central defender and forwards 🙈🙈🙈 I didn’t think there was a massive job to get us right now TBH fuckin shitting masell

It comes down to avaliable opportunities DILLIGAF to progress and develop, in Scotland there is none whatsoever.
We have to use a loan system to gain them game time and match practice, and at a far lower level than we expect them to play at for us.
With no 2nd team playing in the manner the 1st team does, then we might as well say we have got no development whatsoever, which is just scandalous and has to be addressed.
As things stand, younger players will not be bothered to sign in future as there development will not materialise in a way where we can benifit, so no end of money is going to have to be found each season for players, putting at risk the whole Scottish league.
The game in Scotland needs to be restructured to give younger players a better chance within the game, a fact that the Scottish FA continues to ignore with the help of diddy club's who are good for fuck all.
I know how it works mate

The thing that rankles me is, why would any young talent want to come and sit on the bench, or play in the 'B' league, with the chance that they 'might' get a game, if they could get a shot at another club with their first team, on a regular basis
I get that wearing the hoops is the big prize for many, but if your 'dream' is to make the big show as a professional footballer, you go where the real opportunities are
It's a business now, run by the suits and big money investors, and players are a means to an end for the money men

Here's hoping we get a result next Wednesday in Denmark

HH

To late the best of them have gone and it'll be harder holding onto the one's left the only saving grace is the b-teams playing in the lowland league and a manager who wants to encourage youths

Can see the arse falling out that plan when the support get restless at results not going our way

According to Belgian media we have bid €2.5m for Royal Antwerp's Portuguese left back Aurelio Buta, Antwerp are wanting €3.5m.
Also linked, again, with Aaron Boupenza, striker with Hatayspor in Turkey. The Gabonese striker scored 22 goals in Turkish league last season.
Been wondering about this bid for Buta Gary, if true why the messing about when the money is more than available?

Members online

Latest posts

Back