Club Statement

As was said earlier , why has no one put their name to this statement ?
It should be from the Chairman ( God help us ! ) or the CEO ( Which one you ask ? PL or Dom ? )

When boiled down to its basics , as the more discerning among us have already stated , it says F*CK ALL !

WE are communicating with the supporters representatives by the end of next week . But what have you got to tell them - F*CK ALL !

And why is PL named with Dom as being in communication with supporters ? PL - F*CK OFF !

''We are highly motivated and aiming to do all we can to bring success back to the club '' which is why our efforts to find a new manager in the past three months have produced F*CK ALL !

HH

If an appointment is imminent then its a strange statement to have issued. It reads like it was cut and pasted from an email, particularly given the "kind regards" sign off and syntax errors. It makes me suspect that someone senior at Celtic cobbled this together to "shut the fans up" over the weekend. At least I hope it's just the weekend and not a sign that we've no idea when we'll have a new manager. Right now, the reasons given for the Howe delay make no sense, not to me anyway.

When Howe left Bournemouth it was reported as being by "mutual consent". He had a year left on his contract, which would presumably have expired sometime in summer 2021. It's likely that a Settlement Agreement of some kind would have been entered into by Howe at that time, as otherwise he'd have been open to a claim for breach of contract. I'm guessing that as part of any agreement he would be asked to grant an undertaking not to take another manager's job in football until the date his original deal was due to expire. Those clauses are tricky to enforce, so perhaps it was backed up by a financial penalty. Another club could approach Bournemouth and buy out the clause in order to appoint him during this period. Celtic, however, always pinch the pennies and may have offered Howe the job in principle, had him accept informally, but are waiting until the undertaking expires to formalise and announce it. Stories about backroom team etc. are then fed to mainstream puppet journos to deflect from truth.

Just theorising in the absence of any actual information. If true, it would mean a long wait for us fans, coupled with the risk Howe could change his mind at any time, leaving the club high and dry.

As a valued Celtic supporter, we wanted to provide you with an update on a few key subjects.
The Club is working hard to complete the appointment of the new Celtic Manager and relevant football staff and will be doing all we can to confirm this as soon as possible to our supporters.

Rightly there will always be a huge appetite for information from our supporters – unfortunately we are not able to make regular public comment on this matter, but we fully understand and appreciate the need to complete this process as soon as we can.

We also acknowledge and understand the frustration of our supporters during this process, but our objective of course is to ensure that we secure the best candidate possible to take the Club forward and this is our focus. We will update all our supporters through our Club communications channels as soon as we are able to.
We are now in a transitional period in respect of our Chief Executive handover. Peter Lawwell, our CEO is working closely with incoming CEO Dominic McKay on a successful handover to ensure that we are ready for next season across all aspects of the Club, with considerable planning and preparatory work already undertaken.
Importantly, Peter and Dom along with colleagues plan to have met with all our main supporters' groups by next week. Engagement and dialogue with all our supporters is crucial to everyone at the Club.

We recognise there are many challenges ahead, but we are all ready to tackle these together, with our aim as always, to give our supporters a Club they can be proud of based on the great Celtic values.
We also aim very shortly to make an announcement on Season Tickets. Clearly there are a number of issues concerning the return of supporters to matches and we hope to give our fans as much clarity as possible in terms of the proposals for next year.

Again we understand that supporters are wishing to make plans for next season so these details will be announced by the Club as soon as possible.

Ensuring that our fans can return to Celtic Park is a major priority and we are working closely with all the relevant authorities including the Scottish Government to be ready, when given the go ahead, to safely welcome our supporters back to the stadium.

Again, Celtic will always aim to be at the forefront of these discussions on behalf of our supporters. We want our fans back with us more than anything to create our special Celtic Park atmosphere and we want to do all we can to make this happen for you as soon as possible.
We have not been able to deliver the kind of season we have become so used to and after such a sustained period of success, we sincerely understand the disappointment and frustration of our supporters - now we make it our objective to return the Club to the top in the shortest possible timeframe.

This is the intention of us all at Celtic, as ever we are highly motivated and aiming to do all we can to bring success back to the Club and we are sure, working together with our supporters that this can be achieved.

We thank all our fans for your fantastic continued support.

We look forward to keeping you updated.

Kind regards
Celtic Football Club
This communication is a pile of shite, not one single piece of information in the entire missive. Basically it is a self-congratulatory pat on the back from the board telling us to get your wallets ready and don't be impertinent enough to question your betters. If dom thinks this kind of crap is engaging with the fans(customers), then he has another thing coming. This is the kind of statement that is regularly delivered by the likes of the SFA/SPFL, bollocks to appease the prols. It's the kind of statement that the huns put out when they mean to say "move along timmy nothing to see here". Now you maybe thinking that I'm a little bit unhappy with the club well no, what I am is pissed off and angry at a board that thinks my only purpose is to fill their wallets. Now what will they do to appease the ordinary fan like me, probably fuck all. We need to get shot of them all. HH

Peter and Dom along with colleagues plan to have met with all our main supporters' groups by next week.

Be interesting if this is the usual lawwell puppets in attendance ,the cheif letter writer will fill us in if that's the case
1620477442321.png

I'm not sure wit people wanted to hear they canny just say aye we're negotiating with Eddie howe or whoever just to satisfy all us....am sure i seen its 10 weeks till the euro qualifiers thats our guide I wid think surly no more than couple of weeks to announce new gaffer to get ready for them...everyone of us wid rather they appointed sumcunt last season we don't no the reason why if it is howe why the wait? But with DOM🤣 in the building maybe fan media can ask some probing questions of DOM to find wit actually happened after lennon and why the long tedious wait maybe DOM will be more forthcoming with info than cunt he
official Celtic Statement

There's those of us in the know that know

and those of you who don't know ,but wish to know

all we know is what we know ,you'll never know

if you really want to know

season tickets are on sale now gies yer money
Succinctly put k. Suuuperb

What’s the holdup with the Director of Football? If the board have (finally) made a decision about him, get him now.
If it is Howe, is EVERYTHING held up because of him deciding whether to come or not.
The club should pick the DOF not the manager.

It must be....I can't think of any other reason.....If its Howe...why aint they saying......Because there's a chance he is waiting on another job!!!!!!!.....Arsenal maybe
Cannot see Celtic putting up with a will he wont he decision, there is other candidates who would take the position and Celtic would go ahead despite the mumping and moaning as time and money forecasting for the season is crucial before a ball is kicked in anger.

A wee summer to cheer up the Edinburgh folk as Hibs are now in their second Scottish cup final without another 140 year wait. Well done Jack Ross.

Still up there with walk on after fucking the huns

1620493253515.png

Importantly, Peter and Dom along with colleagues plan to have met with all our main supporters' groups by next week. Engagement and dialogue with all our supporters is crucial to everyone at the Club.

Any update on whether 'Peter and Dom' have met with any supporters groups?

Back