Cluj v Celtic - Europa League Thursday 12 December, kick-off 17.55

Hi, guys! Congratulations! What means "the huns" and where I can see photos of your Cluj trip or at least where is the trip thread? Thx

PS. The stadium in Cluj Napoca has 23,500 seats, not 10k. It was expanded about 10 years ago.
Welcome. It is usually the next day before the first photos get posted. As the Administrator was at the game this may take longer for him to do it. 🍀

Huns = filthy animals
Your stadium was less than half full for a huge match
How cold is it there?
Dan Petrescu is a top manager
This isn't true, our fans just don't stay at the "peluza". We don't have so many ultras fans compared to the rival. Our fans when the stadium isn't full are at the grand stand 1 and 2. Unfortunately we don't have 4 tiers but we do have a great "panorama". We wouldn't have needed anyway. And our arena is on a hill.

You know, there is also another team in the town. And Universitatea Cluj Napoca is the most supported (it plays on a 31k-seater).

cluj-arena-u-cluj.jpg

About 3-5 degrees, we will have -1 this night.

Dan Petrescu is in the category of Mircea Lucescu, Cosmin Olaroiu (was close to the UEFA Cup final in 2006 with Steaua), Laurentiu Reghecampf (beat Chelsea CL reigning champions and eventual 2012 Europa League winners, also kicked Ajax of Eriksen and more). Probably 5th one who goes with them is Ladislau Boloni of Antwerp (beat Portugal with Romania winning the qualification group with no loss - I think Figo, Rui Costa and others played, brought Standard Liege to the CL playoff and was close to kick there Liverpool of Rafa Benitez, plus he made known Antwerp from pure nobodies of the 2nd division in Belgium).

Petrescu is nicknamed "Bursucul" (The Badger). Really good coach, he won the title in Romania with Unirea Urziceni, made 8 points in Champions League with them beating Rangers 4-1 away and 1-0 Sevilla on home field. Won the title with only free agents, experienced players with some talent who gave 200% although before all of their career were at 50%. Plus he also launched some players there, Romanian and foreigners.

Then after Unirea, Petrescu signed in Russia. Took Kuban Krasnodar from 2nd division of Russia, brought them to 4th place, launched Lacina Traore brought from CFR Cluj with 6 million and sold with 15-16 or 22. Anyway, about 2-3 times big prices were paid for him and even played for a top Monaco. After he left, Kuban collapsed. He managed Dinamo Moscow after, fought for the title, after he left Dinamo Moscow were left as nobodies. They relegated if I am not wrong or fought for relegation. In China he didn't do so well as Olaroiu, and trained a way worse team. But it's China, Olaroiu in different countries of the Gulf was king, top 10 best paid managers in the world.

So Lucescu, Olaroiu, Reghecampf, Petrescu, these 4 in no order. Close to them Boloni. 6th is probably Sumudica who is training in Turkey (kicked twice West Ham with Astra Giurgiu and also kicked Lyon, qualified them in the European spring). 7th Lucescu JR, Razvan Lucescu who won the 1st title for PAOK Salonic after about 35 years or so, left them to win the Champions League just some weeks ago with Al Hilal. All these are all good coaches, but most of them went to Asia to earn 3-5 million euros per year - it's tough even to win millions in Asia, because only their giants pay so well, so you must be proven somehow. I think Olaroiu actually has 8 now, Lucescu Jr signed for 4-5, Reghecampf must have about 4 also. They are all top 30 best paid managers in the world, unfortunately they train in Asia. AND UNFORTUNATELY DAN PETRESCU TRAINS FOR 600K EUROS IN ROMANIA + BONUSES. CAN GO OVER 1 MILLION ANYWAY. Watch out also for Reghecampf, he is like Klopp, unbelievable coach, in my opinion he is our best coach.

Last edited:
CFR Cluj are not spectacular but efficient, tonight they could have scored another 2 goals clearly at least. FCSB (FC Steaua Bucharest) has a lot more technical players and in attack they are superior to CFR (greatest Romanian players are there, in my opinion superior to your Sccotish if you have seen Euro Under-21, but our NT is a total mess now ran by experimental coaches; Coman, Man, Tanase and Morutan, and Gnohere is highly superior to Omrani when he is fit). But yet again CFR Cluj has a great coach in Dan Petrescu and the others count more on the Romanians, and because this is policy they lack experience. Cluj has experienced players.

Anyway if you want my opinion, I hope some Scottish fans will not become delusional. In some editions of Europa League you can reach the top, although there is also difficult here. EUROPA LEAGUE AND CHAMPIONS LEAGUE ARE 2 DIFFERENT THINGS, 2 VERY DIFFERENT COMPETITIONS. Steaua Bucharest in 2006 had 3 world class players in Radoi, Goian and Ghionea, for the first 2 were rejected 15 million euro offers from Premier League and not only. They looked fantastic in the UEFA Cup, when they entered the CL groups for some times they didn't do well. I can only remember a 4-1 at Dinamo Kiev.

This is what the Scottish fans must understand, and also those from Romania should remember in 2007 or 2008 when CFR Cluj played for the 1st time in CL groups THAT THE TOWN HAD MUCH BETTER SQUAD. This squad is a lot UNDER that squad (they won there 2-1 at a better Roma than today, but failed kinda per line after with Chelsea, Roma and Bordeaux; 4 points, also snatched a home draw 0-0 against Chelsea).

So if you prepare for the Champions League, you are also a lot far. Both sides are increasing but somebody will wake them up. Still, we should enjoy these times. Celtic does better than in the previous years. But I know all want CL, the owners for the money. Just that I am sick of participations of nothing. This season has been all of England, Spain, Germany and Italy (plus Paris).

Scottish club fans , Celtic in particular, are not delusional at all, we realise just how much the game has changed since even our last European final appearance in 2003. We dont buy into the hype petrescu put out to the media about Celtic being contenders for winning the Europa. We are however a very well run club with some great talent past and present, and as such are a club that many players such as van djyck, larsson ,wanyama see our club as a ticket to the big 5 leagues like a conveyor belt. Celtic goes through phases of doing well in Europe and doing not well. The same is true for managers at celtic as it is players. We regularly punch above our weight in europe ,last season in knocking out RB Leipzig was the first time we had ko'd a big 5 league club from european competition, this season we have added another 2 in lazio and Rennes. What many people, football fans are unaware of is that celtic are always getting negative press from our own mainstream media who would rather see the rangers as champions than us, or even any club than us. Still we prove them wrong time and again constantly raising the bar and making new history for Scottish football. Our last 2 games in this group has been all about bringing through our youth , introducing them to the quality levels expected as a celtic player but all the scottish media would rather speak of is how the rangers came 2nd in their group and how they nearly beat celtic in the cup final. 2nd is last in Scotland and this is lost on our media. Celtic fans worldwide know that by comparison to most other clubs we are very wealthy but compared to the big 5 that wealth is meaningless. The champions league has become stale , I believe the Europa league is the better tournament as you dont have 4 clubs given auto entry just because of which country they play in. We celtic fans are very pragmatic and realistic. It's a pity that both Romanian and Scottish FAs dont try to ease fixture congestion to give our clubs a better chance. Then we may have seen the real celtic last night and against Rennes. Good luck to your side who have also punched above their weight. I hope we can both go deep into the tourney HH!!

CFR Cluj are not spectacular but efficient, tonight they could have scored another 2 goals clearly at least. FCSB (FC Steaua Bucharest) has a lot more technical players and in attack they are superior to CFR (greatest Romanian players are there, in my opinion superior to your Sccotish if you have seen Euro Under-21, but our NT is a total mess now ran by experimental coaches; Coman, Man, Tanase and Morutan, and Gnohere is highly superior to Omrani when he is fit). But yet again CFR Cluj has a great coach in Dan Petrescu and the others count more on the Romanians, and because this is policy they lack experience. Cluj has experienced players.

Anyway if you want my opinion, I hope some Scottish fans will not become delusional. In some editions of Europa League you can reach the top, although there is also difficult here. EUROPA LEAGUE AND CHAMPIONS LEAGUE ARE 2 DIFFERENT THINGS, 2 VERY DIFFERENT COMPETITIONS. Steaua Bucharest in 2006 had 3 world class players in Radoi, Goian and Ghionea, for the first 2 were rejected 15 million euro offers from Premier League and not only. They looked fantastic in the UEFA Cup, when they entered the CL groups for some times they didn't do well. I can only remember a 4-1 at Dinamo Kiev.

This is what the Scottish fans must understand, and also those from Romania should remember in 2007 or 2008 when CFR Cluj played for the 1st time in CL groups THAT THE TOWN HAD MUCH BETTER SQUAD. This squad is a lot UNDER that squad (they won there 2-1 at a better Roma than today, but failed kinda per line after with Chelsea, Roma and Bordeaux; 4 points, also snatched a home draw 0-0 against Chelsea).

So if you prepare for the Champions League, you are also a lot far. Both sides are increasing but somebody will wake them up. Still, we should enjoy these times. Celtic does better than in the previous years. But I know all want CL, the owners for the money. Just that I am sick of participations of nothing. This season has been all of England, Spain, Germany and Italy (plus Paris).
wallachian,that was a Celtic reserve team tonight, also players who have not played all season, cluj were expected to win, would rather they went through, than the fascists of nazio, i hope we meet cluj again, when our team is at full strength!!!!!!

Scottish club fans , Celtic in particular, are not delusional at all, we realise just how much the game has changed since even our last European final appearance in 2003. We dont buy into the hype petrescu put out to the media about Celtic being contenders for winning the Europa. We are however a very well run club with some great talent past and present, and as such are a club that many players such as van djyck, larsson ,wanyama see our club as a ticket to the big 5 leagues like a conveyor belt. Celtic goes through phases of doing well in Europe and doing not well. The same is true for managers at celtic as it is players. We regularly punch above our weight in europe ,last season in knocking out RB Leipzig was the first time we had ko'd a big 5 league club from european competition, this season we have added another 2 in lazio and Rennes. What many people, football fans are unaware of is that celtic are always getting negative press from our own mainstream media who would rather see the rangers as champions than us, or even any club than us. Still we prove them wrong time and again constantly raising the bar and making new history for Scottish football. Our last 2 games in this group has been all about bringing through our youth , introducing them to the quality levels expected as a celtic player but all the scottish media would rather speak of is how the rangers came 2nd in their group and how they nearly beat celtic in the cup final. 2nd is last in Scotland and this is lost on our media. Celtic fans worldwide know that by comparison to most other clubs we are very wealthy but compared to the big 5 that wealth is meaningless. The champions league has become stale , I believe the Europa league is the better tournament as you dont have 4 clubs given auto entry just because of which country they play in. We celtic fans are very pragmatic and realistic. It's a pity that both Romanian and Scottish FAs dont try to ease fixture congestion to give our clubs a better chance. Then we may have seen the real celtic last night and against Rennes. Good luck to your side who have also punched above their weight. I hope we can both go deep into the tourney HH!!
Hail Hail Winter!

wallachian,that was a Celtic reserve team tonight, also players who have not played all season, cluj were expected to win, would rather they went through, than the fascists of nazio, i hope we meet cluj again, when our team is at full strength!!!!!!
Yep MD wallachian is talking about u21 internationals which is interesting though has nothing to do with this Europa league group. Scotland u17s (think is the age group) just won a European tournament but that means nothing in regards to this. We played an 18yr old and a 16 year old in that game. Why? We have more important games coming up than cluj in our own domestic game. He talks of value of players from a decade and a half ago , not sure why. Celtic have proved to be the better side in this group with 2 games to spare. He has it backwards honestly. I would say Romanian fans should be realistic and not get delusional because they beat celtic kids and fringe players team. Had we needed the point(s) I've no doubts that Celtic would have gone there and got them again and that would still be meaningless to us but desperately ,massively important to cluj. The CL result was a freak result. Also this Romanian fan should remember if hes talking about the past then scottish clubs have been and I'd say still are superior especially in europe. The number of European finals contested by scottish clubs far and away outnumbers Romanian efforts. And this coming from a country with a population that is only 5 million compared to the 20 million in Romania, underachievers if anything. Still cluj did well to finish behind us but to try and say that steaua this and steau that etc would be like us claiming glory on the back of another scottish clubs success. We are celtic and have no need for such piggybacking on other clubs fortunes. The celtic that lost to cluj at Celtic park are a very different team to today's celtic, not even close. We were still in that transitional period. Now we are much stronger that only Seville qualified before us. So I congratulate him and his team for qualifying but would remind him/her that they came behind Celtic.💚🏆

This isn't true, our fans just don't stay at the "peluza". We don't have so many ultras fans compared to the rival. Our fans when the stadium isn't full are at the grand stand 1 and 2. Unfortunately we don't have 4 tiers but we do have a great "panorama". We wouldn't have needed anyway. And our arena is on a hill.

You know, there is also another team in the town. And Universitatea Cluj Napoca is the most supported (it plays on a 31k-seater).

View attachment 5779

About 3-5 degrees, we will have -1 this night.

Dan Petrescu is in the category of Mircea Lucescu, Cosmin Olaroiu (was close to the UEFA Cup final in 2006 with Steaua), Laurentiu Reghecampf (beat Chelsea CL reigning champions and eventual 2012 Europa League winners, also kicked Ajax of Eriksen and more). Probably 5th one who goes with them is Ladislau Boloni of Antwerp (beat Portugal with Romania winning the qualification group with no loss - I think Figo, Rui Costa and others played, brought Standard Liege to the CL playoff and was close to kick there Liverpool of Rafa Benitez, plus he made known Antwerp from pure nobodies of the 2nd division in Belgium).

Petrescu is nicknamed "Bursucul" (The Badger). Really good coach, he won the title in Romania with Unirea Urziceni, made 8 points in Champions League with them beating Rangers 4-1 away and 1-0 Sevilla on home field. Won the title with only free agents, experienced players with some talent who gave 200% although before all of their career were at 50%. Plus he also launched some players there, Romanian and foreigners.

Then after Unirea, Petrescu signed in Russia. Took Kuban Krasnodar from 2nd division of Russia, brought them to 4th place, launched Lacina Traore brought from CFR Cluj with 6 million and sold with 15-16 or 22. Anyway, about 2-3 times big prices were paid for him and even played for a top Monaco. After he left, Kuban collapsed. He managed Dinamo Moscow after, fought for the title, after he left Dinamo Moscow were left as nobodies. They relegated if I am not wrong or fought for relegation. In China he didn't do so well as Olaroiu, and trained a way worse team. But it's China, Olaroiu in different countries of the Gulf was king, top 10 best paid managers in the world.

So Lucescu, Olaroiu, Reghecampf, Petrescu, these 4 in no order. Close to them Boloni. 6th is probably Sumudica who is training in Turkey (kicked twice West Ham with Astra Giurgiu and also kicked Lyon, qualified them in the European spring). 7th Lucescu JR, Razvan Lucescu who won the 1st title for PAOK Salonic after about 35 years or so, left them to win the Champions League just some weeks ago with Al Hilal. All these are all good coaches, but most of them went to Asia to earn 3-5 million euros per year - it's tough even to win millions in Asia, because only their giants pay so well, so you must be proven somehow. I think Olaroiu actually has 8 now, Lucescu Jr signed for 4-5, Reghecampf must have about 4 also. They are all top 30 best paid managers in the world, unfortunately they train in Asia. AND UNFORTUNATELY DAN PETRESCU TRAINS FOR 600K EUROS IN ROMANIA + BONUSES. CAN GO OVER 1 MILLION ANYWAY. Watch out also for Reghecampf, he is like Klopp, unbelievable coach, in my opinion he is our best coach.
Great post. Welcome to Celtic Noise brother !! 👍👍😁😁

Last post tonite. First 45 I was well pleased with the team. Makeshift side but I felt we were containing Cluj quite comfortably. Second half I thought big Kristoffer had a nervy 10 minutes and we lost our defensive shape.I have to be lenient to Boli Bayo and Sincy for lack of match sharpness and hopefully the game time will help. Griff, Niro , Mikey and Bauer look up to speed ,Robertson might be the next breakthrough. Wee tad disappointed with the result but no doubt Lenny did the right thing. :):):)

Last post tonite. First 45 I was well pleased with the team. Makeshift side but I felt we were containing Cluj quite comfortably. Second half I thought big Kristoffer had a nervy 10 minutes and we lost our defensive shape.I have to be lenient to Boli Bayo and Sincy for lack of match sharpness and hopefully the game time will help. Griff, Niro , Mikey and Bauer look up to speed ,Robertson might be the next breakthrough. Wee tad disappointed with the result but no doubt Lenny did the right thing. :):):)
Fuckin £20 on Griff score anytime was paying £135 and there was a throwback epidemic of Snake-illogical passbackitus in the 2nd half. That and anytime Griff got in a good position the man on the ball must have suspected he had shagged their girlfriend, cousin, sister whatever.

Members online

Latest posts

Back