Cluj v Celtic - Europa League Thursday 12 December, kick-off 17.55

At least this game with nothing at stake shows us who we can get shot of .bauer sincy Morgan bayo can be bulleted and not missed in the slightest. Gordon's no chance of displacing the wa if we can get him signed so thanks for the service and cheerio. Griffs gotta be given a shot at being a partner for eddy or at least second choice. For me johnstone s still a bit lightweight and needs to to take a leaf out of Christie's book and bulk up a bit to complement his undoubted skill and ability. Robertson might be one for well down the line and young dembele, s time will come soon enough. No problem with the result tonight, it was a run out for a few . Thought griff and bitton played well enough, bolingoli had a much needed runout and no injuries or suspensions is a result in itself.HH

Missed the first half, second half was fairly pish, don't think The Griff did himself any harm though, 90 minutes, looked fit, some good movement, I'd play him at centre forward at the weekend over Morgan no worries at all.
I'd be surprised if we see Sinclair play for us again which is a shame but he didn't look very interested tonight. 😿

A lacklustre performance.....outmuscled.....no urgency.....no dig.....the 90 mins will do Griff the world of good.....the difference between him and Morgan is night and day up top.....I’d take their big guy Traora? No 90 up front in a heartbeat.....a game I’d rather forget
Which game was that? Somebody telt me the hoops were playing the night I watched the game but I didn't see the hoops playing. A little concerning as that's 2 games iar weve no turned up. That side were good enough talent wise but the games no played oan paper

Robertson and Ntcham did well, getting Jullien off before he got booked another bonus. Lewis Morgan poor performance from him, Scotty Sinclair a shadow of his former self. Bauer isn't going to be needed after his loan spell is up, Bayo has plenty to do to show he's Celtic quality. In goals Gordon did okay but isn't The Wall - who is? Young Dembele becomes the youngest ever Celt to play in Europe but he'll not be happy at being on the losing side. The old co-efficient remains advantage Czech Republic as Scotland chases down a second Champions League spot. Some might just prefer the one anyway!

Griff Robertson and Johnston only ones with pass marks...the rest utter pish

Hey ho, no further injuries or suspensions

If we get through the next round, so will Cluj...and we will draw them again...gauranteed

At least this game with nothing at stake shows us who we can get shot of .bauer sincy Morgan bayo can be bulleted and not missed in the slightest. Gordon's no chance of displacing the wa if we can get him signed so thanks for the service and cheerio. Griffs gotta be given a shot at being a partner for eddy or at least second choice. For me johnstone s still a bit lightweight and needs to to take a leaf out of Christie's book and bulk up a bit to complement his undoubted skill and ability. Robertson might be one for well down the line and young dembele, s time will come soon enough. No problem with the result tonight, it was a run out for a few . Thought griff and bitton played well enough, bolingoli had a much needed runout and no injuries or suspensions is a result in itself.HH
I wouldn't rule bayo out on tonight's game , he was coming onto a game before his last injury and is still young, also takes time to adjust to being a player at a giant club like ours. Hes been unlucky but I still have faith in him to produce the goods HH

I’d take their big guy Traora? No 90 up front in a heartbeat.
I was thinking the same about Traore. He's 29 years old, avershes better than 1 goal in every 3 games. But seems to have struggled elsewhere so returned to Cluj. At 6' 8" he gives you a different option.

Bayo doesn't look good enough I'm afraid. We need a decent striker due to Eddy & Griff's injury records.

Robertson and Ntcham did well, getting Jullien off before he got booked another bonus. Lewis Morgan poor performance from him, Scotty Sinclair a shadow of his former self. Bauer isn't going to be needed after his loan spell is up, Bayo has plenty to do to show he's Celtic quality. In goals Gordon did okay but isn't The Wall - who is? Young Dembele becomes the youngest ever Celt to play in Europe but he'll not be happy at being on the losing side. The old co-efficient remains advantage Czech Republic as Scotland chases down a second Champions League spot. Some might just prefer the one anyway!
Aye the good folk of Manchester to start

I was thinking the same about Traore. He's 29 years old, avershes better than 1 goal in every 3 games. But seems to have struggled elsewhere so returned to Cluj. At 6' 8" he gives you a different option.

Bayo doesn't look good enough I'm afraid. We need a decent striker due to Eddy & Griff's injury records.
Aye but weve not had the opportunity to see what bayo can do yet not for long enough anyway. So I'm not judging him on a few sub appearances he needs a run in the team not easy with our set up but against spl sides bayo and griff/eddy 2 up front just have to wait and see. I remember the same treatment for eddy at first and look at him now

Aye but weve not had the opportunity to see what bayo can do yet not for long enough anyway. So I'm not judging him on a few sub appearances he needs a run in the team not easy with our set up but against spl sides bayo and griff/eddy 2 up front just have to wait and see. I remember the same treatment for eddy at first and look at him now
I hope you are right, but with Eddy it was clear he had excellent technical skills. I don't think you could say the same about Bayo. Too often his second touch is a stramash. I'd be delighted if he proved me wrong.

I had a few disagreements on here earlier in the year as I was arguing a hard-working battling Hayes was better for the team than a disinterested and/or under-performing Sinclair. I wish I had been wrong about Sincy but I think I called it correct.
Ye did BB

I had a few disagreements on here earlier in the year as I was arguing a hard-working battling Hayes was better for the team than a disinterested and/or under-performing Sinclair. I wish I had been wrong about Sincy but I think I called it correct.
Is that you sayin i told you so?😹. As many said the records speak for itself regarding Sinclairs contribution to our club. For 3 years he scored plenty for a wide player. A good investment. Hayes also has been a good investment. A huge heart and although not technically gifted as some doesn't get enough credit for his positional sense never mind his heart of a lion.

Is that you sayin i told you so?😹. As many said the records speak for itself regarding Sinclairs contribution to our club. For 3 years he scored plenty for a wide player. A good investment. Hayes also has been a good investment. A huge heart and although not technically gifted as some doesn't get enough credit for his positional sense never mind his heart of a lion.
Ha ha! Yes, I guess it is me saying I told you so. Sorry!

As I pointed out after boxing day up to the end of the season he went over 14 hours against the other top 6 teams and European opposition without scoring or assisting a single goal which was an awful return for one of our highest paid most experienced players.

I thought he could gave helped out this season against lower teams but if he isn't prepared to fight then he is no use against these teams either.

He was sensational in our invincible season so he will always be a hero and can see him return often to Parkhead after he retires.

Back