Cluj v Celtic - Europa League Thursday 12 December, kick-off 17.55

This will be a test of the fringe players. We still want to put up a fight. I can't believe Shved hasn't been given a chance. He can't be worse than Morgan who I think needs to go out on loan as he is off the pace. I would like a win as solving the world's problems re Nazis is not our role.

The leaking of team selections is a problem that seems to have resurfaced again. Having Simon fecking Donnelly blabbing our cup final starting 11 more than a hour early gives an unnecessary edge to our opponents coaching staff. Cups are won snd lost by fine margins so this sort of crap is not needed.

I hope Elyounoussi gets some game time too as he was hopelessly short of match fitness on Sunday and we need to get him much sharper before we play Sevco again at Parkhead.

This will be a test of the fringe players. We still want to put up a fight. I can't believe Shved hasn't been given a chance. He can't be worse than Morgan who I think needs to go out on loan as he is off the pace. I would like a win as solving the world's problems re Nazis is not our role.
Morgan looked lost up front against the huns and so did Mickey last year ,we need these guys playing in there proper positions before judging them.

This is a new experience for Celtic. We are through and we've won the group. We can rest up some of our top stars and play some fringe players and even some youths. We have other fish to fry this month and that if means Lazio are upset when they see the Celtic team sheet then we can live with their disappointment. Merry Christmas ya Filthy Animals.

View attachment 5756

I've already mentioned the team for tomorrow on The Celtic Star this morning and gave a wee shout out to the Match thread on Celtic Noise - you have no idea how many Russian spammers try to sign up to this site every day - maybe we could get some extra Hoops fans to join what is a great wee Celtic forum? This from the article on The Celtic Star...

Talking of Thursday's team to play Cluj, how does this look to you?

Craig Gordon in goals. A back four of Bauer, Bitton, Ajer and Taylor. No Broony or Calmac, instead it's Ntcham and Robertson. The forward three are Shved, Rogic and Johnston. Leigh Griffiths starts up top. That's the leaked team news anyway and we're all expecting it to be along those lines.

Young Dembele and fit again Bayo to come off the bench perhaps with Lewis Morgan also getting some minutes. I've been predicting these Europa League games over on match threads on Celtic Noise and so far predicted 1-1 away to Rennes, 3-0 at home to Cluj (it finished 2-0), 2-1 at home to Lazio, 2-1 to Celtic away to Lazio and 3-1 at home to Rennes. Just the one goal out so far! So for tomorrow night, going for a draw, maybe 1-1 and bye, bye Lazio!

A Celtic victory and a win for Lazio in France would see the Italians progress. Cluj only need a draw and Celtic won't want to lose. Bad circumstances for the Bookies.

A shout out to the Fifteen members of the Tommy Gemmell Dunblane CSC (both myself and young Lub098 are members) are on their way to Cluj and will no doubt provide a substantial boost to the Romanian economy through beer sales. Enjoy yourselves and hopefully all your postal votes have been submitted. We are in a too close to call constituency with the sitting Tory Unionist in danger of losing to SNP. Tactical voting CSC here and everywhere else tomorrow please!

Here's the article on The Celtic Star.

All Cluj v Celtic comments here...two other treads merged in here btw.
Rennes have been very very underwhelming in this group, their best result matchday 1 v us let's hope they can at least match that result tomorrow v lazio and we win in Romania that or a victory for Rennes and Celtic would be super. Although given lazios form since the Celtic double header would make it seem unlikely. They just trashed juventus to go 3rd and 3pts behind them in serie A. I wonder if davie provan noticed that.

Still buzzing watching the YouTube highlights of the game , us at our worst since livi giving away a penalty, down to ten men yet still the mental strength and goliath in goal they could still be playing and not score. You just knew (I did anyway) that all those chances they missed would come back and bite them in the arse and it did. Moreorless bottled it at the penalty you could see the wheels turning in his skull at the thought of scoring against us, he was looking straight at big FF (mistake). He probably has one chance left at paradise before hes off in January but that will be a different Celtic animal on that day , ah canny wait HH

Think Boli,Bayo,Elyonoussi and Shved may not be up to speed so I'd maybe start with
Bain or Gordon
Bauer Ajer Julienne Taylor
Biton Robertson
N'Tcham
Forrest Griffith Sinclair.
Calum McGregor has it right.We are defending the badge and it would be a pity to fizzle toward the end of our group after doing so well. This'll be physical and we need guys who can stand up to it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back