Cluj v Celtic - Europa League Thursday 12 December, kick-off 17.55

Winter

If as lenny says then surely this is a game for griffiths to get 90 minutes under his belt? Morgan may work v hamilton and rennes but cluj is a different type game that we will want to win 100% and get 16/18 pts. So for me I'd like to see shved Griffiths bolingoli if fit start this game we know bauer will return but if ever there was a game for shved and Griffiths then this is surely it HH

Definitely give Griff a start. Boli needs game time too and Elyounoussi needs to get match fit. Bauer will start as Frimpong isn't registered. Will Bitton play midfield in place of the suspended Broony or as centre back to rest Jullien or Ajer? Ntcham should start to give CalMac a rest and Rogic in instead of Christie. Forrest needs a break too. Sinclair to come in from the cold? I wouldn't be surprised to see Gordon start as well.

Although it is a lot of changes at once, we would be bringing in very experienced international players who are hopefully hungry to prove themselves.

Brown suspended, Julien a card away from suspension in knock out rounds, Eddy’s injury being ‘managed’ and Forrest, Christie and McGregor needing a week off. Lack of central defenders (assume that Simunovic is still injured) will probably mean Ajer playing, although he could also be doing with a rest.
Gordon
Bauer Hendry Ajer Bolingoli
Bitton Ntcham
Johnston Rogic Elyounoussi
Griffiths

Subs - Bain, Taylor, Morgan, Sinclair, 3 youngsters

Brown suspended, Julien a card away from suspension in knock out rounds, Eddy’s injury being ‘managed’ and Forrest, Christie and McGregor needing a week off. Lack of central defenders (assume that Simunovic is still injured) will probably mean Ajer playing, although he could also be doing with a rest.
Gordon
Bitton Ntcham
Griffiths

Pretty similar team I'd choose, but sadly (for a certain Greek person) Hendry isn't registered in our squad.

Link to Celtic Squad

Gordon
Bitton Ntcham
Griffiths

I don't think Elyonoussi will play, he didn't look right yesterday, still carrying an injury I think. Play Scotty and The Griff for a wee change.
Did anyone notice maybe about 20 minutes to go yesterday, the camera was on Eddy when the play had stopped and he definitely had a bit of a limp, he didn't look comfortable.

Pretty similar team I'd choose, but sadly (for a certain Greek person) Hendry isn't registered in our squad.

Link to Celtic Squad
statue_cry_alexproimos_cc_flickr-300x200.jpg

Gordon
Bitton Ntcham
Griffiths

Jozo out for 3-4 months after knee op late September. Probably at least until after the winter break.

Maybe Morgans showing more in training?not looking good for Griff at the moment.
Lenny seems to be suggesting Griff will play versus Cluj and would have been on the bench yesterday if Eddy had started.

As so many of us said before the game, if Eddy wasn't fit enough to start and Griff was fit then Leigh should have started instead of Morgan, as he understands what is required from playing this position.

I don't think Elyonoussi will play, he didn't look right yesterday, still carrying an injury I think. Play Scotty and The Griff for a wee change.
Did anyone notice maybe about 20 minutes to go yesterday, the camera was on Eddy when the play had stopped and he definitely had a bit of a limp, he didn't look comfortable.
Nae wonder after that tackle on him having just come on turned out to be a mistake of massive proportions as we scored from the resulting free kick haha HH

Maybe Morgans showing more in training?not looking good for Griff at the moment.
I'd like to believe that but if I am to believe it then he can play anywhere up front ? Not buying it maybe Griffiths isn't fit enough or isn't putting in enough effort in training the latter seems more likely to me

Definitely give Griff a start. Boli needs game time too and Elyounoussi needs to get match fit. Bauer will start as Frimpong isn't registered. Will Bitton play midfield in place of the suspended Broony or as centre back to rest Jullien or Ajer? Ntcham should start to give CalMac a rest and Rogic in instead of Christie. Forrest needs a break too. Sinclair to come in from the cold? I wouldn't be surprised to see Gordon start as well.

Although it is a lot of changes at once, we would be bringing in very experienced international players who are hopefully hungry to prove themselves.

Why risk injury/suspension to important players in a meaningless dead rubber of a match for us when we have such a busy congested month to navigate

We've done what we needed to do to get to the position we're in and need to look after our top performers any way we can

HH🍀

This is not a game for youngsters Cluj r a very cynical team who try hard to bully leave there boot in and tackle just few seconds late would play my team Gordon. Bauer. Ajer Jullian Boli.
Shved. Christie. Bitton Hayes. Griff. Johnston
Solid at the back and can break with pace

This is not a game for youngsters Cluj r a very cynical team who try hard to bully leave there boot in and tackle just few seconds late would play my team Gordon. Bauer. Ajer Jullian Boli.
Shved. Christie. Bitton Hayes. Griff. Johnston
Solid at the back and can break with pace
I can't believe I forgot about Shved. I think Hayes is out injured so maybe play Sinclair or Mikey J instead. I'd go for Rogic instead of Christie too. I agree that they will put be very physical but have a couple of the younger ones on the bench for the experience and possible game time IF we are well ahead later on.

Gordon
Bauer Ajer Biton Boli
McGregor Ntcham
Morgan rogic Johnson
Griffith's

Or something like that
I like that team, it makes a lot of sense but how aboot giving McGregor a well deserved and much needed rest and give Luca Connell a chance? Also mibbe consider Lee O'Conner at centre half and Marian Shved on the wing if they are qualified / registered to play. I'd also like to see Jonathan Afolabi get a run oot.

Members online

Latest posts

Back