Cluj v Celtic - Europa League Thursday 12 December, kick-off 17.55

If we recognise more than half the team, I'll be worried. Got to play the 'reserves'. Too big a month to risk injuries to first-choicers. And never get a more perfect time to blood young players in a difficult Euro tie, plus knock out Lazio.

I expect Lawwell and Desmond at centre-back. I'll sit deep mid if Lennony calls me, and anybody else fancy a trip to Vampireville, get your boots and let him know.

UNLEASH "THE MUTHAFUKA*

Oh aye 3-1 🍀FOR GLASGOWS GREEN & WHITE🍀

Last edited:
So if we go for a 4-4-2 (or 4-2-3-1 by having Shved, Sinclair and Griffiths behind Bayo) I guess it is looking something like:

Gordon
Bauer, Bitton, Ajer, Taylor
Shved, Robertson, Ntcham, Sinclair
Bayo, Griffiths

If Bayo is on the bench then slot in Forrest instead. Young Dembele to replace Shved early in the second half, and possibly someone like Savoury or Oko-Flex to be brought on too, if the situation allows.

It is either Captain Muthafucka or Sinclair with the armband tonight.

By having such a young inexperienced team, they could be gallus and play wonderful uninhibited free flowing football. Or they could be overwhelmed and play naive football and let in a few goals on the counter attack.

Either way, as long as there aren't any injuries and no-one gets battered to shake their confidence, then it doesn't really matter - let's hope they get a lot of experience to help push them onto the next level of their development.

What a wonderful and unique position to be in at this stage of European group stages. MTH.

PRE-MATCH content on The Celtic Star folks...

It feels strange to have a free hit game in Europe, In a perfect world we will win tonight but as many on the thread have pointed out, the good that will come out of this dead rubber is for our young players coming through this gaining experience. Think I'll give the prediction a miss because I think it will be hard for Celtic tonight.
Really looking forward to seeing the youngsters perform in Europe, and I'm sure they'll do well.

Looking forward to seeing young Robertson n hopefully Karamoko too. Would play Bain in goal as Gordon is done at Celtic much like Sincy, both have had their time. Big game for Griff, he needs to show he still has it, we can't afford to have a striker who can't be relied on.

Celtic to bite the necks out the buggers with a bendy wan from Ollie doing the damage 1-0

COYBIG🍀

Members online

No members online now.

Back