Coaching Staff

POD

Having been a major critic of our defensive coaching staff in the past, and John Kennedy in particular, I feel it is right to recognise and applaud the tremendous work now being done. Our defence has been excellent, and so much of this is down to the hard work done behind the scenes, and on the training ground. Well done John Kennedy and all. Take a well deserved bow. I am delighted you have proven me wrong. 👏 🍀 💚

Last edited:
Having been a major critic of our defensive coaching staff in the past, and John Kennedy in particular, I feel it is right to recognise and applaud the tremendous work now being done. Our defence has been excellent, and so much of this is down to the hard work done behind the scenes, and on the training ground. Well done John Kennedy and all. Take a well deserved bow. I am delighted you have proven me wrong. 👏 🍀 💚
I think he has benefited from Anges arrival as well as all the rest, its called Leadership.

Best defence in Scotia and we always target The same scapegoats the Manager picks the players he trains the players
You know the professional team Manager whits hiz name.
6 games running no one scores against us but the AndywalkerRacoonistas still have a problem with Starlord does he feck up yep
But to do a famous quote
Let he who huvny fucked up in this Celtic team Chuck the bucket of bile first.
I back All 16 players we use every week
Even the shoite ones like Starfelt
Moan the Hoops

HH ffs

Credit where credit is due but I think Ange has had to coach the backroom staff as well as the players.

Kennedy got his chance when Lenny went and set out his team in exactly the same awful way.

We should be eternally grateful to Ange no matter what the future brings because he's the one who gave us new life after the hideous 10iar clusterfuck.

Best defence in Scotia and we always target The same scapegoats the Manager picks the players he trains the players
You know the professional team Manager whits hiz name.
6 games running no one scores against us but the AndywalkerRacoonistas still have a problem with Starlord does he feck up yep
But to do a famous quote
Let he who huvny fucked up in this Celtic team Chuck the bucket of bile first.
I back All 16 players we use every week
Even the shoite ones like Starfelt
Moan the Hoops

HH ffs
I feel a bit sorry for Starfelt. His record for us is incredible. Carter-Vickers is clearly the senior man in their pairing but Karl contributes a lot as well.

Yes, he is infuriating when he has that odd brainfart but I would argue that he makes much less errors per game than either Kyogo, Maeda, Jota or Abada - and they are all (quite rightly) nearly universally loved by the Celtic support.

John Kennedy a potentially great Celtic player but had his playing career cut short, and way too early
It's easy to see big Age is good for the coaching staff and has terrific man management skills
JK is a good guy and knows his stuff, but the team and personnel have changed for the better, and he deserves credit for buying into Ange's philosophy, and becoming the coach he always had in him
YNWA

This appears to be one of the great benefits of Ange. Uniquely in football he doesn't take hos own staff to each new job. After my initial scepticism about Lawwell going cheap I believed it was Ange's choice to assess the resources already in place and my hope waa he would improve JK to such an extenet that he may be a genuinely viable candidate for manager when Ange does moves on.

Now we won't know if that is an option or if he has developed enough to become a successful manager in his own right until he gets a chance, but the likely of success has improved. Not that it is preference, but is maybe a throwback to the old Liverpool bootroom strategy of continuing success by promoting from within. Although the start Broony has enjoyed means he may become a serious candidate in the future, as many of us hoped he might be. But that day can wait for a few more seasons yet - please!

It’s been genuinely refreshing to see someone come in as manager and not immediately throw the baby oot wi the bath water. Everyone involved in the back room team deserves immense credit also for not being one of those wankers that can’t get along with the new guy. JK has been in with the bricks for a long time and could well have been the most likely to resist but he’s adaptable, working under a few different managers now. He’s certainly getting the education to become a top manager. Time will tell. HH

It’s been genuinely refreshing to see someone come in as manager and not immediately throw the baby oot wi the bath water. Everyone involved in the back room team deserves immense credit also for not being one of those wankers that can’t get along with the new guy. JK has been in with the bricks for a long time and could well have been the most likely to resist but he’s adaptable, working under a few different managers now. He’s certainly getting the education to become a top manager. Time will tell. HH
JK is getting a fantastic education in management at CP from top managers in BR, Ange and others.

He must have ambitions to manage the club one day but thats unlikely until he proves himself elsewhere unless it's a situation which saw him lead the club after lenny.

He must know that whilst his education here is top level the supporters will want him to do this like Broony has begun his managerial journey elsewhere.

He's been offered very decent positions already in management, not that I'm trying to shove him out the nest he'll go when he's ready.

JK is getting a fantastic education in management at CP from top managers in BR, Ange and others.

He must have ambitions to manage the club one day but thats unlikely until he proves himself elsewhere unless it's a situation which saw him lead the club after lenny.

He must know that whilst his education here is top level the supporters will want him to do this like Broony has begun his managerial journey elsewhere.

He's been offered very decent positions already in management, not that I'm trying to shove him out the nest he'll go when he's ready.
Quite possibly Winter. I did say a top manager. Not a top Celtic manager. 😀
All kidding aside you’re spot on. You can learn from others but probably the biggest opportunity to learn is when you take on those responsibilities. That he hasn’t, as you mentioned, may mean he’s no ambitions that way. Not everyone wants to / can be Queen 🐝.

John Kennedy is a very good coach (players and coaches who have left all say this) but that doesn't always make a good manager. His spell in charge after Lennon went showed he wasn't ready to step up to the manager's job. He did nothing different, made no difference to performances and failed his audition. The only way he will ever manage Celtic is to go away and be a successful manager elsewhere for a period of years. In saying that, it should be noted that in his 8 full seasons involvement with the first team as a coach/assistant we have won 7 titles, hopefully 8 from 9 come May.
The much maligned Gavin Strachan is apparently the man who coaches the set pieces, both for and against, and given the improvement we have seen in both boxes from corners and free kicks he should take a lot of credit for that (along with his laptop;))
Harry Newell seems to be the big difference maker this season. His work with the forwards in particular can't be underestimated. Both Ange and Maeda say his one on one work with Daizen is a major factor in his great form since WC break.

Quite possibly Winter. I did say a top manager. Not a top Celtic manager. 😀
All kidding aside you’re spot on. You can learn from others but probably the biggest opportunity to learn is when you take on those responsibilities. That he hasn’t, as you mentioned, may mean he’s no ambitions that way. Not everyone wants to / can be Queen 🐝.
He was offered the Aberdeen job not long ago and declined, perhaps showing great insight into the shambles up there right now.

The Aberdeen job would usually be considered a great first position I'd have thought but the goings on there under cormack recently haven't been great , he mightve dodged one there.

It shows that he's rated highly outside of Celtic though and he's still young.

Probably best he sticks around under Ange's tutelage for now.

He was offered the Aberdeen job not long ago and declined, perhaps showing great insight into the shambles up there right now.

The Aberdeen job would usually be considered a great first position I'd have thought but the goings on there under cormack recently haven't been great , he mightve dodged one there.

It shows that he's rated highly outside of Celtic though and he's still young.

Probably best he sticks around under Ange's tutelage for now.
I don't believe JK was actually offered the Aberdeen job. The rumours in the press was that he was being considered for it but I don't think it went any further than that. I may be wrong (and probably am) on this...

Credit where credit is due but I think Ange has had to coach the backroom staff as well as the players.

Kennedy got his chance when Lenny went and set out his team in exactly the same awful way.

We should be eternally grateful to Ange no matter what the future brings because he's the one who gave us new life after the hideous 10iar clusterfuck.
Spot on Shammy, it was a clusterfuck. Lennady had his chance and I never want to see him in the driving seat again.

Spot on Shammy, it was a clusterfuck. Lennady had his chance and I never want to see him in the driving seat again.
True mate, could have used it as his audition for the job, could have went 2 up top and went full on attacking Celtic football, go 3-0 up before they knew what’s hit them, at least he could say he had a go….but naw, just played Lennon’s team and tactics and expecting different results…..fecken idiot 🤷‍♂️

Members online

No members online now.

Back