Copenhagen v Celtic - Europa League (round of 32, 1st leg), Thursday 20 Feb - kick-off 17.55 - all comments here

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
CELTIC will travel to Copenhagen and can enjoy the chance to get away from the unique pressure that the players are under to deliver 9IAR. We are favourites for this tie and will be facing a team who are behind Erik Sviatchenko's FC Midtjylland in the league. They are also just back from a long winter break and lost in their first game against relegation threatened Esbjerg on Friday night. The Rangers thrashed the Danish league leaders earlier in the competition remember.

A couple of articles on this game today on The Celtic Star. The first one looks at their journey through the group stages and indicates how they will see things going if they are to see a way of getting past Celtic. Expect them to sit in and they'd be more than content taking a goalless draw to Celtic Park for the second leg.

Also the fact that Celtic have three players one booking away from suspension gave me an excuse to use some photos I took while out on a coastal walk at the start of January. Quite amazing really. Hope none of our three fall off on Thursday, especially French Eddie, even though his late miss a Pittodrie scuppered my 3-1 prediction at the start of the last match tread.

And Copenhagen's Swedish left-back Pierre Bengtsson has also been talking about the game and gives the impression that they are underdogs. We've all heard that kind of chat before though.

Jeremie Frimpong, perhaps wondering how he's going to get back into this Celtic team, and knowing that Greg Taylor is a doubt, reminded everyone - especially Neil Lennon, that he can play at left back or left wing back too. Might be an option but we all know Lenny is going to play Jonny Hayes, right?

The team? The formation? I think Lenny will go with four at the back.

Ajer, Jullien, Simunovic (if fit, if not Bitton), Hayes

Brown, McGregor

Christie, Ntcham, Forrest

Edouard (replaced by Griffiths after he gives us the lead).

The score. Few goals in this one. Copenhagen 0 Celtic 1 - goalscorer Odsonne Edouard.

All comments here...

CELTIC will travel to Copenhagen and can enjoy the chance to get away from the unique pressure that the players are under to deliver 9IAR. We are favourites for this tie and will be facing a team who are behind Erik Sviatchenko's FC Midtjylland in the league. They are also just back from a long winter break and lost in their first game against relegation threatened Esbjerg on Friday night. The Rangers thrashed the Danish league leaders earlier in the competition remember.

A couple of articles on this game today on The Celtic Star. The first one looks at their journey through the group stages and indicates how they will see things going if they are to see a way of getting past Celtic. Expect them to sit in and they'd be more than content taking a goalless draw to Celtic Park for the second leg.

Also the fact that Celtic have three players one booking away from suspension gave me an excuse to use some photos I took while out on a coastal walk at the start of January. Quite amazing really. Hope none of our three fall off on Thursday, especially French Eddie, even though his late miss a Pittodrie scuppered my 3-1 prediction at the start of the last match tread.

And Copenhagen's Swedish left-back Pierre Bengtsson has also been talking about the game and gives the impression that they are underdogs. We've all heard that kind of chat before though.

Jeremie Frimpong, perhaps wondering how he's going to get back into this Celtic team, and knowing that Greg Taylor is a doubt, reminded everyone - especially Neil Lennon, that he can play at left back or left wing back too. Might be an option but we all know Lenny is going to play Jonny Hayes, right?

The team? The formation? I think Lenny will go with four at the back.

Ajer, Jullien, Simunovic (if fit, if not Bitton), Hayes

Brown, McGregor

Christie, Ntcham, Forrest

Edouard (replaced by Griffiths after he gives us the lead).

The score. Few goals in this one. Copenhagen 0 Celtic 1 - goalscorer Odsonne Edouard.

All comments here...
Sounds good to me my worry is how our defence copes with the multitude of wide crosses and I'm even expecting an aerial bombardment from anywhere but the crosses and set plays do concern me. If we go with the same attitude that's got us to this point I think we can win comfortably and I say that not tongue in cheek. We were dreadful our last visit there and I'd like to see that put right. I dont think its asking much from the most exciting Celtic side for years I've seen. Aberdeen game was a good warm up for this fixture. Full confidence in our ability to navigate this tie COYBIG HH

Was listening on 90 minute cynic to a copenhagen fan they had on (he does a podcast in Denmark) Sounds like they'll play with two central defensive midfielders and their creativity will come from their wingers. The sold a striker but apparently he wasn't liked by their fans and more of a sub of late. They have an older striker who he said was immense in the air and wins a lot of duels. My heart skipped a beat at that point. The copenhagen lad said they'll play a counter attacking 4-4-2.
One other thing that worried me a wee bit was he said in the qualifying group they had so many injuries and a small squad that they played the lesser lights in the group games and focussed on the league. As such they went with damage limitation but still progressed.
He did however say they might have to do something similar in the first leg as they've dropped seven points behind in the league again and may not risk all the big players. He also said their fans were quite glad to get Celtic and that he saw the overall tie as 60/40 in Celtic's favour

That's what worries me Niall, cross balls,the Wa' does not come of his line,Ajer can't jump and Julie 's left to win everything,they don't convince me as a unit.
Definitely a concern. Forster is coming and punching a bit more now. I think he's been told to. The likes of Dykes and Cosgrove even that big Hamilton striker have caused us problems this season. More than they should be. Bit of a worry if this striker is similar

Dont know much about Copenhagen

Copenhagen, Denmark’s capital, sits on the coastal islands of Zealand and Amager. It’s linked to Malmo in southern Sweden by the Öresund Bridge. Indre By, the city's historic center, contains Frederiksstaden, an 18th-century rococo district, home to the royal family’s Amalienborg Palace. Nearby is Christiansborg Palace and the Renaissance-era Rosenborg Castle, surrounded by gardens and home to the crown jewels.

You're welcome 😼

Copenhagen, Denmark’s capital, sits on the coastal islands of Zealand and Amager. It’s linked to Malmo in southern Sweden by the Öresund Bridge. Indre By, the city's historic center, contains Frederiksstaden, an 18th-century rococo district, home to the royal family’s Amalienborg Palace. Nearby is Christiansborg Palace and the Renaissance-era Rosenborg Castle, surrounded by gardens and home to the crown jewels.

You're welcome 😼
:rolleyes:

That's what worries me Niall, cross balls,the Wa' does not come of his line,Ajer can't jump and Julie 's left to win everything,they don't convince me as a unit.
Couldn't agree more Michael, not convinced with ajer at times and foster doesn't command the six yard box enough for me.
Some of the goals we've lost at set pieces are nothing short of shocking. It's something that needs addressed or could end up costing us.

You're welcome 😼
whit times the buses

You're welcome 😼
Aye great and the score is

HH 🤡😂

Back