Coronavirus

I don't think it's as bad as it seems. I'm guessing but say 1000 over 75s get the virus, 100 will need to go to hospital. If 1000 50yr olds get its maybe "only" 10. As the big problem is overflowing hospitals, once older people are vaccinated it reduces the pressure on hospitals. That's why there is still hope for gradually going back to normal in a couple of months. Assuming they don't make a complete arse of the vaccination program like everything else so far.
Hi Andy just watched Sky news this morning and they’re in The Royal free in London and the Age they’re mainly dealing with is in the Late 50’s this new Variant seems to be targeting younger folks if you get the chance to see it it’s pretty Stark
And when you see Bob at the end it’s heartbreaking. Sorry his names Tony put ma dad’s name in miss him soz

HH 🙏

Last edited:
Aye, I'll put this here. I'm gonnie be taking a wee break fae things online just now.. My twin sister passed away suddenly last week it was a brain aneurism. So I'm a bit broken mentally, I talked to her on Tuesday & she sounded fine, Wedensday afternoon she died. So I'm gonnie be logging out.

I'll be back in a few months, if not sooner

I'll leave wae a big hug tae yee aw, Stay Safe

TT xx
Sorry to hear of your loss TT. I know there is a special bond between twins. Take time to grieve man. We will see ye soon man. Thoughts and prayers going out to you and yours. HH

Mrs Shades is a frontline worker with SLC ,Got her first course of the vaccine last Tuesday, they told her that for around 72hrs or so she might not be feeling 100%,Well she wasn't well, sore arm headaches ( before bedtime might I add 😜), Then on Friday she found out that one of the wee ladies she goes to had returned a positive test. So the council told her to go get tested, panic allround in our household, I've had a bypass and Shades jnr has asthma. Anyhow we got her an appointment on Friday night at the local Red Deer Centre, and down I went with her, I obviously waited outside till she came back out and as we were walking away from the centre she still had her mask on, this little ned decided to shout out Covid Covid, how I managed never to punch his bloody face in is beyond me, but I knew she was already up to high doh with worry.

Fortunately at 7am on Saturday morning we got a text saying she was negative, but I hope to one day meet that little git again.

Aye, I'll put this here. I'm gonnie be taking a wee break fae things online just now.. My twin sister passed away suddenly last week it was a brain aneurism. So I'm a bit broken mentally, I talked to her on Tuesday & she sounded fine, Wedensday afternoon she died. So I'm gonnie be logging out.

TT xx
So sorry to hear of your very sad loss TT.
Best wishes for you and your family at this sad time

TT xx
So sorry for your loss

Just a wee update aboot ma son and daughter.....Liam's eye is healing good.....still a wee bit blurred but gettin better........My daughters hubby has also tested positive.....The whole family(2 grand daughters and grandson) all now tested pos with Covid......Linda says she has a head cold, and a wee bit pressure on her chest.....She has no underlying health probs....Kaitlin had it first in the family....she had the same symptons as her mum has.....she said lasts for 5 days....then started feeling better .....
Here's hoping they get well soon my nephew just tested positive

TT xx
We'll be here when your back TT, sorry for your loss pal

Back in lockdown 1 (the real lockdown) i don't remember many if any here testing positive but now it seems commonplace. Next door neighbours uncle has just passed away with it, local butchers wife has passed away aged 43 its bloody scary how much more prevent it is now compared to 10 months ago. Yet when I need to go out the world feels normal, roads are quite busy, people out and about, nothing like the first lockdown.
Keep safe everyone.

Back in lockdown 1 (the real lockdown) i don't remember many if any here testing positive but now it seems commonplace. Next door neighbours uncle has just passed away with it, local butchers wife has passed away aged 43 its bloody scary how much more prevent it is now compared to 10 months ago. Yet when I need to go out the world feels normal, roads are quite busy, people out and about, nothing like the first lockdown.
Keep safe everyone.
It's a strange one, the new strain is far more transmissable, it seems there's far more younger people being hospitalised and yet the restrictions are nowhere near the original one in march

They gave London 48hrs notice that lockdown two was coming in 2 days time. ( it was a Sat at 6PM). Have a look at the photos from London train stations in the 48 hrs before lockdown two. The trains were packed with people heading N,E,S,W and taking the new Kent variant with them to all four corners of this island.
I also looked at the one third will die headline that's in people's minds.
With Dee due to travel I looked at the numbers. This is what I found.
For every 1000 people who get Covid 19, 10 or 1% will prove fatal.
For every 1000 people who get Kent Variant, 13 or 1.3% will prove fatal.
One third more people will die but that is a third of a percent not one third of people who get it.
The headline writers need to be very careful of misleading headlines.

Last edited:
They gave London 48hrs notice that lockdown two was coming in 2 days time. ( it was a Sat at 6PM). Have a look at the photos from London train stations in the 48 hrs before lockdown two. The trains were packed with people heading N,E,S,W and taking the new Kent variant with them to all four corners of this island.
I also looked at the one third will die headline that's in people's minds.
With Dee due to travel I looked at the numbers. This is what I found.
For every 1000 people who get Covid 19, 10 or 1% will prove fatal.
For every 1000 people who get Kent Variant, 13 or 1.3% will prove fatal.
One third more people will die but that is a third of a percent not one third of people who get it.
The headline writers need to be very careful of misleading headlines.
The big problem I have been saying since this first broke is the total fixation on the numbers of deaths. This was a new virus which (like all viruses) would continue to mutate and the long term effects of someone having this were unknown. A lot of people survived TB but they suffered from life changing medical conditions. Now it looks like the vast majority will come through this with little in the way of bad symptons whereas some are still suffering months later. We do not know yet if those who escaped relatively unscathed may be more susceptible to breathing problems caused by other diseases in the future.

We need to remain vigilant until we get vaccinated.

The big problem I have been saying since this first broke is the total fixation on the numbers of deaths. This was a new virus which (like all viruses) would continue to mutate and the long term effects of someone having this were unknown. A lot of people survived TB but they suffered from life changing medical conditions. Now it looks like the vast majority will come through this with little in the way of bad symptons whereas some are still suffering months later. We do not know yet if those who escaped relatively unscathed may be more susceptible to breathing problems caused by other diseases in the future.

We need to remain vigilant until we get vaccinated.
And after Vaccination too BB as you can still give the virus to others according to latest reports by SAGE. And we have to wear face masks for years.
This isn’t over after vaccinations are done
Take care stay safe and wash yir hauns ya filthy animals (Home alone).

HH 👏

Last edited:
It's a strange one, the new strain is far more transmissable, it seems there's far more younger people being hospitalised and yet the restrictions are nowhere near the original one in march
On our news yesterday, a 19 year old kid, worked in a care home caught Covid, passed away the other day
It's one year ago today that Canada's first Covid case was diagnosed
As usual people didn't listen to the healthcare professionals, and it got worse, the more people refused to isolate, stop going to parties, not wearing masks, the higher the numbers of cases went
Now, we are being told, that there will be a hold up on the vaccine, and Canada will not be getting as much of the vaccine as first promised
There's a definite lack of respect among the population in regards to wearing a mask, to help stop the spread, people are assaulting people when they're asked to wear one before entering a store
Fucking mutants

HH

I've already had my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine and the only side effect was a headache which was gone after 2 Paracetamol but I don't really want to wait for 12 weeks for the next dose if the manufacturers only advise 6 weeks between jabs.

Anyway I've just been given a test kit at work to test myself twice a week. A bloody year after the first outbreak and this is the first time I'm getting tested even though I'm a frontline worker. It's 🤪

Back